What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best columnar varietal?

¡Buenos Tardes!

I'm curious which varietal is most likely to produce a single cola mature plant. If anyone has any pictures of plants at the end of flowering I'd be interested to see how tall they ended up!

Muchas gracias,

LaS

G

Hey low n slow,do you mean this type of plants?

Bubba x Kali China
fX3Qx76.jpg

Snow Moon
picture.php
[/IMG]

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Syd, how did you get them to grow that way? Just natural or was trimming involved? Putting into 12/12 right away maybe?

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
¡Buenos Tardes!

I'm curious which varietal is most likely to produce a single cola mature plant. If anyone has any pictures of plants at the end of flowering I'd be interested to see how tall they ended up!

Muchas gracias,

LaS

From my experience, Panama x Bangi Haze produced the biggest single colas for me. I usually top lots, but I only had 2 dominate tops on those and the tops were the size of American footballs. I really don't like colas this big because it is easier for rot and other bad stuff to set in. Hope this helps.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
And also, Malawi x PCK is very column like with minimal branching, but it is complex effect that's probably 50/50 or 60/40 sativa/indica.

G

Syd, how did you get them to grow that way? Just natural or was trimming involved? Putting into 12/12 right away maybe?

Hi TT,just natural!The bubba kc was started late in season (June) in greenhouse-like conditions,while the other had 5 weeks of veg and finished indoors(but took her about two weeks to get going,was stunned because of my fault).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi low and slow,

Thanks for your interest in our genetics.
Usually hashplants and real pure indicas have a very columnar growth.

I would recommend you ACE Seeds' strains of columnar growth like Bubba Hash, Black Domina x ErdPurt, Bubba Kush x Kali China, ErdPurt, Kali China, Nepal Jam, Snow Moon, Violeta or even more sativa dominant hybrids like Congo or Malawi x PCK.

You can find plenty of pics of the different strains at our website or in this room.
Hope it helps with your choices!