What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for the hive...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got 2 sets of Timber Grow lights 900 watt Veros hanging right next to each other above my 4x8 grow space.

For those not familiar with the lights, they have 3 rows of 3 COBs, each row powered by it's own driver. And as such I have 3 power cords for each fixture.

A thought occurred to me in the shower this morning. In an effort to control costs, I would take each row of lighting and put it on it's own timer. And by row I mean 6 lights, 3 from each fixture. Then I would program the lights for 12 on, 12 off. But stagger the turn on times by two hours.

So the first row would turn on at 6am, and turn off at 6pm. The second row would turn on at 8am, and off at 8pm. Last row 10am to 10pm.

Probably not going to save a bunch of money, but every little bit helps.

Good idea? Or bad idea?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To start with, yes.

When it's time to flip, I'll adjust them to a max of 12 on/12 off. Or I may turn them all on to 12/12. Only time will tell...

Latest posts

Latest posts