What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace standard mix + 76 watt LED screw in bulbs + Green Goblin microcab

jonhova

What's up guys I have just finished with my re-purposed thrift store cab that will be running some Ace Seeds standard regular seeds for now.

I made this cab after having WPM from some clones I got. Good learning lesson :laughing: not to buy from people you don't know well enough.

The guys at Ace were very generous enough to hook me up with some great genetics so i really can't wait to see how they do.

So far all seeds popped in 48-72 hours with strong tap roots.

Seedling Soil:
Sphagnum peat moss: Earth worm castings: Lava rock and a pinch of pelleted dolomite lime.

Veg/Flower Soil:
(Burnone) LC’s Soiless Mix #1:

5 parts Canadian Sphagnum Peat or Coir or Pro-Moss
3 lava rock
2 parts worm castings or mushroom compost or home made compost
Powdered (NOT PELLETED) dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.
with
RECIPE #1

If you want to use organic nutrients like Blood meal, Bone meal and Kelp meal...

1 tablespoon Blood meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
2 tablespoons Bone meal per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
1-tablespoon kelp meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
or Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract as directed
(OPTIONAL) 1 tablespoon per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of Jersey Greensand to supplement the K (potasium) in the Kelp Meal and seaweed extract.

Mix all the dry nutrients into the soiless mix well and wet it, but don't soak it. Use Liquid Karma and water @ 1 tbs./gal. Stir and mix it a few times a week for a week or two so the bacteria can get oxygen and break down the nutrients and make it available. And don't let the mix dry out, keep it moist and add water as needed. It'll also have time to get the humic acids in the Liquid Karma going and the dolomite lime will be better able to adjust the pH of a peat based mixture too.

With this recipe, all you need to do is add plain water until harvest.

When I'm working with seeds, I punch a hole in the bottom of 16 ounce cups and fill them with plain LC's Mix. Lightly wet the mix in the cups and germinate one seed in each cup. At the same time I mix enough LC's mix along with the blood/bone/kelp to fill all the 3 gallon flower pots I'm going to use for the grow. After about two weeks, the seedlings and the blood/bone/kelp mix are ready. I transplant the seedlings into the 3 gallon pots and just add water until harvest.
When you go to flower and pull up the males, save the mix in the pots. It is ready to be used again immediately. Just remove the root ball and transplant another seedling into it.
Nutes: kellogg 3 in 1 molasses, kelp, and fish emulsion. ewc & kelp tea.

Lights: 8 x 9.5 watt screw in LED from the hardware store. Wood frame from scrap. 14 gauge stranded wire.

Shout out to Spugg, Blynx, and Terpene for showing the way.

Here's a few pics of the ladies and gentleman. I'll be making some seeds hopefully!

http://imgur.com/a/4YUpj

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6153.jpg
    IMG_6153.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6157.jpg
    IMG_6157.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6159.jpg
    IMG_6159.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6161.jpg
    IMG_6161.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6163.jpg
    IMG_6163.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Great looking green box :)

Maybe just a bit too much light for the early stage? My cab is similar size and I only use 1-2x 25 cfl with great results.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome jonhova,

Thanks for starting a grow diary with your ACE plants.
I'm glad to hear all the seeds germinated vigorously.
Looking forward to see what genetics do you get from the ACE Mix,
if you keep us posted i can help you to identify the genetics you are growing, especially around flowering stage.

Best wishes! :)

jonhova

update

update

Welcome jonhova,

Thanks for starting a grow diary with your ACE plants.
I'm glad to hear all the seeds germinated vigorously.
Looking forward to see what genetics do you get from the ACE Mix,
if you keep us posted i can help you to identify the genetics you are growing, especially around flowering stage.

Best wishes! :)

Hey Dubi!

Here's some update pics now that I am ready to get into flower. Of the 5 seeds 3 are doing great and 2 never did so well from a very early transplant. the healthiest is #5 then #4 and #1.
Not sure what sex they are. I am hoping for one of each to make some seeds.

The flowering cab is a 2x27 gallon rubbermaid with 12 9.5 watt bulbs. It seems it grows very tight internodes when the light is too close.

The white stuff is DE for fungus gnats that are now dead.

Attachments

• addtext_com_MTMxMDIyMjMyOTU5.jpg
    addtext_com_MTMxMDIyMjMyOTU5.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 8
  • addtext_com_MTMxMTQ5ODc4Mw.jpg
    addtext_com_MTMxMTQ5ODc4Mw.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 10
  • addtext_com_MTMxNjA5OTIzOQ.jpg
    addtext_com_MTMxNjA5OTIzOQ.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6198.jpg
    IMG_6198.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 9

jonhova

Day 5 Flower

Day 5 Flower

Ace Mix#4 is getting bushier each day. I took some pics of the preflowers maybe someone can tell me if this is indeed a female.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ace Mix #4 Day 5 Flower 1 of 2.jpg
    Ace Mix #4 Day 5 Flower 1 of 2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Ace Mix #4 Day 5 Flower 2 of 2.jpg
    Ace Mix #4 Day 5 Flower 2 of 2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower 1 of 3.jpg
    Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower 1 of 3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Ace Mix #4 Day 5 pre-Flower.jpg
    Ace Mix #4 Day 5 pre-Flower.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 10

jonhova

Day 5 Flower

Day 5 Flower

Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower. This one is seems to have longer internodes.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower 1 of 3.jpg
    Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower 1 of 3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower 2 of 3.jpg
    Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower 2 of 3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower 3 of 3.jpg
    Ace Mix #5 Day 5 Flower 3 of 3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 8

jonhova

Day 5 Flower

Day 5 Flower

Ace Mix #1 Day 5 Flower. The runt i still have hope for.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ace Mix #1 Day 5 Flower 2 of 2.jpg
    Ace Mix #1 Day 5 Flower 2 of 2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Ace Mix #1 Day 5 Flower 1 of 2.jpg
    Ace Mix #1 Day 5 Flower 1 of 2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 7

jonhova

Zamal x Hash

Zamal x Hash

Popped this zamal hash two days ago in a paper towel. I have 3 zamal hash and 1 malawi x pck i have been really wanting to start. You could say i experimented on the standard seeds being my first grow and all.

I chose these genetics for the short flowering and interesting euphoria i cant get from the standard dispensary cookie cutter weed out there.

This seed will be in a mix of promix, earth worm castings, DL, and lava rock crushed up. Wish me luck!:dance013:

attachment.php

Attachments

• zamal x hash seedling.jpg
    zamal x hash seedling.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 10
G

Good luck Johnova!
A beautiful cabinet you got there!
Zam Hash is one my all-time favourites...Rules in every aspect.Smell/taste,high,potency,yield,appearance...Can't wait to see her grow!

jonhova

Good luck Johnova!
A beautiful cabinet you got there!
Zam Hash is one my all-time favourites...Rules in every aspect.Smell/taste,high,potency,yield,appearance...Can't wait to see her grow!

@SydB

I'm lucky to have gotten the zamxhash before it ran out! I have this and malawixpck to try out first before i go all in with malawi and zamaldelica:biggrin:

jonhova

day 10 flower

day 10 flower

Day 10 Flower

I took a peek and what do i see? I am the proud father of a girl and a boy.
First the girl. Nothing to smell just yet.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Ace Mix #4 Day 10 Flower 1 of 4.jpg
    Ace Mix #4 Day 10 Flower 1 of 4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Ace Mix #4 Day 10 Flower 2 of 4.jpg
    Ace Mix #4 Day 10 Flower 2 of 4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Ace Mix #4 Day 10 Flower 3 of 4.jpg
    Ace Mix #4 Day 10 Flower 3 of 4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Ace Mix #4 Day 10 Flower 4 of 4.jpg
    Ace Mix #4 Day 10 Flower 4 of 4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 10

jonhova

Day 10 Flower Ace Mix #5

attachment.php
attachment.php

I must ask for some advice on this one. I would like to pollinate my female for a few seeds. when should i cull the male? Is there a recommended way to collect pollen without making a mess in my apartment :laughing:

Attachments

• Ace Mix #5 Day 10 Flower 2 of 2.jpg
    Ace Mix #5 Day 10 Flower 2 of 2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Ace Mix #5 Day 10 Flower 1 of 2.jpg
    Ace Mix #5 Day 10 Flower 1 of 2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 8

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jonhova,

Your ACE Mix 4 and 5 looks like China Yunnan hybrids, most probably Kali China or Orient Express hybrids.

You can isolate the male in a window, collect the pollen and then do controlled pollinations with a pencil.

Kind regards, dubi

jonhova

Same seeds new soil mix with lots of perlite and proper ph water.
Things are going great here not like last time when i got fungus gnats which brang down the plants immune system and then WPM that finished it off.

Been vegging about 3.5 weeks so far from seed. 2 more weeks until this fills out the solo cup and goes into the 5 gallon fabric swick pot.

Everything was looking good under the 2x42 watts actual cfls so i switched to 4x9 watts. Ill be observing closely for any signs of light burning.

Today will be watering with kelp slurry water. Forst time ive given them anything besides plain phed water.

Attachments

• IMG_6775.jpg
    IMG_6775.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6784.jpg
    IMG_6784.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6774.jpg
    IMG_6774.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6776.jpg
    IMG_6776.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6755.jpg
    IMG_6755.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 9

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hey that cab it's Ikea's! :biggrin: sweet memories of my first grow...

I don't have good pics from my Magiker Ikea cab but this one:

62820cab2.jpg

I used reflective mylar film both to increase reflection (not so necessary with LEDs but maybe for seedlings so that they get more soft, indirect light) and to somehow lightproof the cab: to achieve this in your case I would simply lay the mylar/panda film on one piece, (without cutting it) sticking it starting from the door (leave some slack at the hinge area so that it opens/closes fine), then to the wall, back, wall: (red arrows):

The problem is the door seams, mylar sheet laid out this way takes care of the hinge area, but for the door closing I used adhesive weather strips, so that no light/air leaks through the door opening once it's closed: blue line. You need also to put timber, cardboard or a sheet of plastic to lightproof the door opening "handle".

For the intraction/extraction openings it depends, on a vegging cab, I used aireation duct grilles as light proofing it's not that critical for vegging plants:

Seems that will nicely fit your rear alpine F12 extracting fan (placing the grille outside), you should be able to find one suited to the fan (120x120cm).

You'll lose passive intraction capacity after you lightproof the cab this way, cannot spot any opening on your pics... for flowering both light proofing and proper air exchange is a must to keep RH/VPD in check: for that I would use suitable PVC 90 degree elbow placed on a intraction opening, preferably placed on the cab bottom area.

Subbed! :lurk: will start ACE strains next week, I also got Tropical Mix standard and other "dangerous" ACE godesses!

Attachments

• mv-fixed-front-white.jpg
    mv-fixed-front-white.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6161.jpg
    IMG_6161.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Bona Fortuna

Repuk: you going to run these beans in your current setup?

Jonhova: your mix looks splendid. Any reason you PH your water?
Shouldn't need to with an organic soil biome. Bacterias and DL should compensate.

jonhova

Repuk what up buddy this cab is retired. Too green and doesn't match shit lol. Had too many problems with a weak fan or high white powdery mildrw spore load at my last place.

My new cab is in microgrow! I just made my carbon scrubber sondrop by there and take a look and tell me ehat you think!

Bona ph is always something to keep in mind just organics deals with it in a different way. Im moving to coco and kiss method these days when i pop some beans. Most likely kali china will be around again. Ill try to copy blynx method and lst from one side of the cab into the other .
Feel freento drop in on my new thread in micro grow section.