What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey I got a 1000 dollar Gary fisher.do I qualify or do I still need a better bike? I got headlights too!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning gang

That Cricket is a cute one...congrats on the new addition to the family :tiphat:

Yeah didnt it have another name...shows how much I pay attention :smokeit:

So whats the deal...you have some nephew and nieces that call you fishstick...I never asked how you came up with that name or is it just something that just kinda popped up for you

Joe killer you got growing again...yeah its hard to sit on the sidelines...happy your back in the game :good:

Got more trimming today while watching Nascar...Nascar has gotten even more fun since joining a fantasy game...a lotto fun :D

Time to play with Baker...must get a few puffs first :smoke out:

BayBHuey

i wanted to be uncle bad touch but they wouldnt let me!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:phew....that was a long ride...52 miles,and i doubt more than 15 was on anything you would call a road...mostly down in arroyo bottoms and some cross country stuff with a few bits of hike a bike...good ride...seems fun now that its over...an hour ago it was still suffer central...amazing what a beer or two will do...:biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey I got a 1000 dollar Gary fisher.do I qualify or do I still need a better bike? I got headlights too!

only if you ride it!:biggrin:

ok,nap time...took a shower to get all the blood off,arms and legs took a beating,or rather a scratching,looks like i have been through a gauntlet of angry kittens,had some eggs,bacon,and hashbrowns,time to lay down for a bit...before i get up and have to eat more...and drink more beer and smoke more weed:)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
huey those cactus are out in the desert,all over the place,loads of flowers everywhere..

here's another fine specimen of desert flower unc.......

aaff9146_zpswr6v3tvy.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not many pics today,even when we were on dirt roads it was mainly to go up,there were plenty of tough little hills,some pretty rocky sections,and lots and lots of loose sandy nonsense...
pretty gnarly ride,i seriously doubt any has ever ridden a bike on 50% of that route,as we spent a good deal of time down in arroyos and little canyons,a good deal of that riding the "path" we were following was only 3-4 feet wide...all rock and sand,almost none of it what you would call easy riding...and lots of cross country today...pretty gnarly route...even when we were on good roads there was a stiff headwind to make the easy parts suck as much as the rest!

did i mention all surly bikes today? 2 ECR,1 krampus,1 pugsly,1 wednesday,and an ice cream truck
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fat bike day huh ???
Uhhh why they so far ahead of ya though ??? lol & don't say its so ya could take the pic ! :biggrin:

Evening gang :smoke out:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fat bike day huh ???
Uhhh why they so far ahead of ya though ??? lol & don't say its so ya could take the pic ! :biggrin:

Evening gang :smoke out:
theres one sponsored racer,the guy who has the most mountain bike king of the mountain around here,and two other very fit riders in that group...and that was like mile 41 there,i was tired...but yes,i was in back most of the day...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
not many pics today,even when we were on dirt roads it was mainly to go up,there were plenty of tough little hills,some pretty rocky sections,and lots and lots of loose sandy nonsense...
pretty gnarly ride,i seriously doubt any has ever ridden a bike on 50% of that route,as we spent a good deal of time down in arroyos and little canyons,a good deal of that riding the "path" we were following was only 3-4 feet wide...all rock and sand,almost none of it what you would call easy riding...and lots of cross country today...pretty gnarly route...even when we were on good roads there was a stiff headwind to make the easy parts suck as much as the rest!

did i mention all surly bikes today? 2 ECR,1 krampus,1 pugsly,1 wednesday,and an ice cream truck
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Looks like Unc's formed a new pack, lets hope he don't forget about all of us in here :biggrin: :smoke out:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:coffee: mornin campers...

crashed out pretty early last night unsurprisingly,i was a wee bit tired after yesterdays adventure,it was at least a mini epic of a ride...not many riders would even have found that vaguely fun,and honestly theres lots of moments that sorta suck when you get right down to it,but all in all a good day...
for sure they are better group rides since there were plenty of places where we were miles from any road or easy escape...

anyway...more windy days coming,im only 5-6000 feet from completing another everest month so i had better go knock out a 1000 feet today since i may have to skip a couple days of riding...got plenty to do around the house....

Latest posts

Latest posts