What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best 100% indica?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I highly doubt anything is completely "pure" indica or sativa. Cannabis has been domesticated for so long now that somewhere along they way one has been bred into the other. And where do we draw the line between indica, sativa, and hybrid? If you look at the land race plants in Afghanistan, many of them have have narrow leafs and are tall! So is this a narrow leaf indica or an indica dominant hybrid?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannabis sativa var. Indica = cultivated cannabis... From india.
Cannabis sativa var. Afghani(ca) = cultivated cannabis from Afghanistan.
Cannabis sativa var. Chinesis = cultivated cannabis from China
Etc...
Etc...
Etc...

Sam did imply that Sativa was hemp.
And he was correct because the people were cultivating it for whatever they could use it for... CULTIVATION is the key component for being sativa. Not how broad/wide or narrow a leaf is & certainly not whether the plant got you high or not.

Easy7

Veteran
If they legalize federally we can have blackmarket GMO free organic product. No clue where to find very many organic non gmo 80 proof. Rare to find organic beer. All the big labels use gmo corn.

But the fact is traits make small differences. We sailed a ways from tropical or mountainous, highland or lowland strains several decades ago. Seems that's what people keep to themselves much these days.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Cannabis sativa var. Indica = cultivated cannabis... From india.
Cannabis sativa var. Afghani(ca) = cultivated cannabis from Afghanistan.
Cannabis sativa var. Chinesis = cultivated cannabis from China
Etc...
Etc...
Etc...

Sam did imply that Sativa was hemp.
And he was correct because the people were cultivating it for whatever they could use it for... CULTIVATION is the key component for being sativa. Not how broad/wide or narrow a leaf is & certainly not whether the plant got you high or not.

So is Cannabis sativa var. Americana a thing yet?

WelderDan

Veteran
Nirvana Master Kush. has some skunk in it, bit very stoney. Also Nirvana Papaya. Stoney, greasy indica with an earthy tastes and and a narcotic stone. I've grown lots of stuff, but those two are are for sure good and stoney strains.

Happy Times

Point taken on NL having a bit of narrow leaf in the lineage, but I’m guessing the main intent of the original post was for recommendations on a stoney/knockout couchlock-inducing strain that isn’t too smelly.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen good NL in the past decade. Not pure, mind you. But still really good.
These seeds produce some of the strongest cannabis I've ever grown. There is a reason NL still comes up in conversations.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

Happy Times

Hello gardeners,my last couple of grows I've done mostly sativa strains. Just before Xmas I grew thseeds fem bubblegum (excellent plants) and at the moment I'm doing f/s c99 which I'm having a horrible grow with. The thing is I'm not too keen on sativa highs so for my next grow I want a knock out indica to send me to sleep. Can anybody recommend me some indica strains that don't stink to much but will give me couchlock?

On the topic of low odor there’s some good content here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=107363

pinkus

Veteran
Despite being my very skeptical, a friend grew HSO bubba kush that is pretty damn dank. I've not had "real" bubba that i know of, but it's a good strong indica. HOWEVER, i'm a sativa (the "old" meaning, electric, equatorial, high type) head for sure.

Easy7

Veteran
Bodhi has some new release, old mother ghani x g13hp. Probably 90% indica if not more. I don't know the mom. Think another afghan mom cross as well out there.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The '88 G13/HP crosses from Bohdi have a lot of potential, especially when paired back to more indica leaning genes to begin with.

That being said, Greyskull has some interesting crosses as well. He holds the HP13 clone, but also has a SoCal Master Kush x Black Indica cross that holds a lot of potential.

Bubba Kush, is also, about as pure an indica as you'll find in common clones.

Deep Chunk, X-18, Pine Tar Kush - from Tom Hill. Probably the best place to look if you can find the seeds.

dank.Frank

GoatCheese

Veteran
Deep Chunk, X-18, Pine Tar Kush - from Tom Hill. Probably the best place to look if you can find the seeds.

dank.Frank

X-18 has good amount of sativa in the line. I had one very N.India leaning male from Tom Hill. One girl was a proper hybrid. You can also see fairly many sativa leaning plants in the pics of the seed reproduction done in Spain.

..but sure, X18 also has loads of BLD phenos, but you can still feel some N.Indian sativa in the effect in many of them as well. I'm not a huge fan of Manali charas because of the effect (..sure, i'd smoke some, let's have it :biggrin:) and i can notice the infuence in many X-18 plants.

Go for Deep Chunk if you want proper short BLD line. Tom Hill originals could be harder to find, but few sources are making repro lines of DC.

-
-
Black Domina from Sensi seeds is "100%" afghani, thou some phenos are abit taller with some NLD looks compared to the really short plants.
Not all plants are winners people say, but my Ortega-pheno is killer old school Mazar i Sharif plant with slightly thinner leaves than on the short phenos in BD line.

Black Domina (Ortega pheno)
..stoned to the bone, but not mongy-boring kind.
Sweet hashy, ginger bread cookies, sour-ish fruit candy (peach/apricots), touch of sweat and skunk
picture.php

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
WOW.. I am looking for a kick-u-in-the-behind- indica... the last one(s) we had were cheap/cheap nirvana white widow,rhino 15yrs ago... it was excellent

we tried black dom 10+yrs ago- sure had the 'ortega' pheno.. it sucked..

would luv to try some Bodhi's offerings' but I'm done paying 200bucks for seeds...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The last pics were a pheno from chem sis x nl2/nl5 - seeds were made by zoolander and the nl male from reeferman.

I'll also say, some of the best indica medicine I've had came from Peat's White Rhino x Sour Bubble Bx3 cross, ie Sour Rhino. Those particular seeds produce phenomenal plants. Good to see Rhino is not forgotten. It's a great building block when used right.

With that in mind - VerdantGreen has Bubba Kush S1s and White Rhino x Bubba fems.

(Phillthy's pics of Sour Rhino)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited: