What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The same people that sent you to prison for pot, will now sell pot to you!

waveguide

Veteran
So everyone is cool with buying cannabis at the cop shop???

how come you can be so freaked out about a creative piece of CG mosquito but ignore the fact that rich assholes and underground assholes are all the same mason assholes?

when LFM (la familia michoacan) used to be active (now los caballeros templarios..) there were regions of tucson that used to have white chevy suburbans parked on the corners of each block with no windows and an "iron cross" insignia of some kind (eg. cross country bumpersticker). they would park them right on the corner of the intersections.

i can go a mile down the street and see two "mattress firm" stores on adjacent corners of the intersection (until about six months ago they changed the name of one of them so it wouldn't looks so fake..)

get it already? this society is a sham... all the shit is fake... like... if there's like an organised hiphop scene event in tucson, all the emcees are masons or jewish, rich assholes. false advocates making sure the scene is owned. like everything, any youn gkid coming up runs straight into a brick wall.. fuck i just can't point it out enough because it's everywhere, but everyone's so used to accepting it they can't see the shit.

just understand, in america and to a degree throughout all western civ, it's *all* fake it's *all* bullshit it's *all* there to own you.

stop fucking thinking it's legit and acting all surprised!

shaggyballs

Veteran
how come you can be so freaked out about a creative piece of CG mosquito HuH??? When did I freak out??but ignore the fact that rich assholes and underground assholes are all the same mason assholes? You must have me confused with someone else.
I am all too aware of the corruption I grew up in Detroit, need I say more. I could tell you stories for days, with facts to back it up.

when LFM (la familia michoacan) used to be active (now los caballeros templarios..) there were regions of tucson that used to have white chevy suburbans parked on the corners of each block with no windows and an "iron cross" insignia of some kind (eg. cross country bumpersticker). they would park them right on the corner of the intersections.

i can go a mile down the street and see two "mattress firm" stores on adjacent corners of the intersection (until about six months ago they changed the name of one of them so it wouldn't looks so fake..)

get it already? I got it, that is the point of this thread, why do you think I don't get it??? this society is a sham... all the shit is fake... like... if there's like an organised hiphop scene event in tucson, all the emcees are masons or jewish, rich assholes. false advocates making sure the scene is owned. like everything, any youn gkid coming up runs straight into a brick wall.. fuck i just can't point it out enough because it's everywhere, but everyone's so used to accepting it they can't see the shit.

just understand, in america and to a degree throughout all western civ, it's *all* fake it's *all* bullshit it's *all* there to own you.

What gives you the impression I think things are legit and I am acting surprised, I am really confused now???

I am really lost as to what you are trying to inform me of??

PEACE
Shag
:smoke out:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
If you are just going to circumvent the system...then why legalize?
Why?...if it will not benefit you....why do it???
That is just the way I see it though.

shag

because legalizing is the right thing to do. benefit ME? it aint about ME, shag. it is the FUTURE, and lessening the harm done to OTHERS. we do it for OTHERS that follow in our footsteps, not for our own benefit. "an old man will plant trees, knowing that he will not live long enough to sit in their shade". yes, shag, we KNOW that is not "how YOU see it".

dddaver

Veteran
So, one dispensary in the whole state run by the government and managed by a cop. I see no problem there ;-/

I can see it now,"free dozen glazed dough-nuts with each eighth you buy" :laughing:

panick503

how come you can be so freaked out about a creative piece of CG mosquito but ignore the fact that rich assholes and underground assholes are all the same mason assholes?

get it already? this society is a sham... all the shit is fake... like... if there's like an organised hiphop scene event in tucson, all the emcees are masons or jewish, rich assholes. false advocates making sure the scene is owned. like everything, any youn gkid coming up runs straight into a brick wall.. fuck i just can't point it out enough because it's everywhere, but everyone's so used to accepting it they can't see the shit.

Heheh here we go...

dddaver

Veteran
I just noticed this thread was started last year. I looked it up and Delaware's only dispensary, in Wilmington, opened in June 2015. DOH! Why aren't they on that state list?

That giving out dough-nuts with the weed idea might be a good one, but then again the piggies usually don't like giving up those things. :biggrin:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Are there any other known cases where Government officials are retired and are now running a cannabis operation?

shaggyballs

Veteran
While neither state regulators nor the medical marijuana industry track the number of employees who were former law enforcement officials, The Associated Press has identified no fewer than 17 in Illinois, many of whom have outsized influence — from a trustee of the state's chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police to one-time undercover narcotics officers.
Some of those ex-law enforcement officials include:

Undercover narcotics agents
A former Fraternal Order of Police trustee
A former Chicago homicide detective
A Circuit Court judge
Secret Service senior executive

Other players in Illinois include retired Will County Circuit Judge Robert Livas, co-founder of a company licensed to open two Chicago-area dispensaries who was once named judge of the year by the Illinois State Crime Commission. Another is a former Chicago-area assistant state's attorney who handled gang crimes and now is vice president of a company that owns a dispensary. There's also an ex-Cook County prosecutor-turned- general counsel of PharmaCannis, the state's single largest pot provider with four dispensaries and two indoor growing operations.

There's also Arnette Heintze, a former U.S. Secret Service senior executive who helped protect two presidents. Terry Hillard, Heintze's partner at the Chicago consulting firm that advises medical marijuana growers and retailers on security, spent five years as Chicago's top cop.

Retired U.S. Marshal's inspector Jim Smith said his private security company is "trying to corner the market" in medical marijuana protection and armored transportation.

The law enforcement ties run especially deep in Collinsville, where Abbott is joined by a dispensary manager who also spent more than two decades with the highway patrol. Their commute is familiar — the soon-to-open HCI Alternatives dispensary is located next to the state police regional headquarters.

Former law enforcement officers proliferate in the states that pioneered the medical marijuana and legal marijuana businesses.

Denver Relief Consulting, which handles everything from business plan development to legislative advocacy, counts a retired Los Angeles County sergeant and Israeli National Security adviser among its top executives.
A Seattle-based medical marijuana investment firm lured Pat Moen, a 10-year Drug Enforcement Administration official, to join it in 2013.

"It's been incredibly rewarding," he said, estimating he's spoken with more than 100 current or former law enforcement officers about making a similar career transition. "This is a mainstream product sought my mainstream consumers."
Ben Percy, general manager of Trinity Compassionate Care Center in Peoria, switched careers after a 27-year stint with the Illinois State Police that included an assignment on a drug interdiction team that patrolled Interstate 55, which connects the Gulf of Mexico to the Great Lakes.

"We took quite a bit of money, drugs and criminals off the road," he said.
Now the cops want their cut!
Below is the list of the 30 law enforcement officials who support legal cannabis.
Norm Stamper—retired Seattle Police Chief
Don Clark— retired Multnomah County Sheriff
Stephen Downing— retired Los Angeles Police Department Deputy Chief
Kris Olson— retired US Attorney for the District of Oregon
Bill Riggs— retired Oregon Supreme Court Justice, Circuit Court Trial Judge and Court of Appeals Judge
Inge Fryklund— retired Assistant State’s Attorney
Paul Stiegleder— retired Lieutenant Sheriff
Darian Stanford— former Drug Unit Prosecutor
Pete Tutmark— former County Deputy Sheriff
Jay Fished—Prosecutor
Tony Ryan—retired Denver Police Department Lieutenant
Finn Selander—retired Special Agent
Jason Thomas—former Detention Officer and Sheriff’s Deputy
John Baker—retired Sergeant
Jay Fleming—former Undercover Narcotics Officer
Le Roy Washington—retired Federal Probation Officer
Nicholas Dial—former Deputy Sheriff
Arnold Byron—retired US Customs Inspector
Matt McCally—former Corrections Officer
MacKenzie Allen—retired Deputy Sherif
Leonard Frieling—former Judge
Jim Doherty—former Prosecutor and Corrections Officer
Shelley Fox-Loken—retired Parole and Probation Officer
James Peet—former Police Officer
David A Nichols—retired Superior Court Judge
David Doddridge—retired Narcotics Officer and Military Police Officer
Diane Goldstein—retired Lieutenant Commander
Kyle Kazan—former Police Officer
Nate Bradley—former Deputy Sheriff
Leo Laurence—former Deputy Sheriff

Source
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/28/ex-law-enforcement-officers-forging-second-careers-in-legal-marijuana-industry.html

St. Phatty

If America lasts that long,

it will eventually have a pResident who didn't only smoke pot ...

we'll have a Cultivator in the White House

and organic gardening in the White House backyard will
be a lot more interesting !

seeded

The war on drugs will be the only war fought throughout all of time and space where the loser gets the spoils.

geneva_sativa

If America lasts that long,

it will eventually have a pResident who didn't only smoke pot ...

we'll have a Cultivator in the White House

and organic gardening in the White House backyard will
be a lot more interesting !

Returning Full Circle

George Washington " Make the most of the Indian Hemp seed, and sow it everywhere. "

shaggyballs

Veteran
Pennsylvania

Jeff Turse retired Hazleton police officer recently launched a social media page dedicated to Thera Green.

Since leaving the city’s police department in 2015, Turse devoted his time to running Atomic Vapors.
Atomic Vapors will close today and he plans to convert the vape shop — and an empty storefront next to it — into a high-security medical marijuana dispensary. Turse said he’s been in talks with a retired police officer for operating and maintaining security systems. The head of security will also be responsible for transporting product to the dispensary, he said.

Having served as a cop, Turse said he’s often been asked why he wants to get involved in Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program.

“Being a police officer, I saw so much opiate abuse, heroin abuse,” he said.

Turse disagrees with the “old school” mentality of drug counselors who consider marijuana a gateway drug.

I wonder how many folks are is jail because this guy sent them there?
Now he says it is helpful to people. Shouldn't he go before the judge and ask for Expungement for all the folks he arrested.
Expungement (also called "expunction") is a court-ordered process in which the legal record of an arrest or a criminal conviction is "sealed," or erased in the eyes of the law. When a conviction is expunged, the process may also be referred to as "setting aside a criminal conviction."

shaggyballs

Veteran
Pot cops move from fighting drugs to protecting now-legal industry

Terrance “Terry” Gainer, a former Chicago homicide detective and chief police legal adviser who went on to lead the Illinois State Police and the U.S. Capitol Police and is now a security adviser for a company that has been granted state permits to grow and sell medical marijuana.

As cops, part of their jobs was to put away drug sellers and users. Now, former law enforcement officials are doing private security work for Illinois’ now-legal medical marijuana industry.

Gainer says that his and other former law enforcement authorities job once was to “eradicate illegal drugs. But now he says, “In a state like Illinois . . . where medical marijuana is legalized, then we’re all in the business of doing it the right way.

Maryland

Don't Bogart That License: How state lawmakers ruin pot in battle over money

When the government proposes to license private mints, the lobbyists and players pile-in. A Washington Post survey of the 144 initial applications to grow legal weed found roughly 45 percent were either politically connected, had law enforcement connections, or were related to existing out-of-state pot businesses. Seven companies were all of these.

Of the 19 companies preliminarily chosen last summer for either grow, process, or dispensary licenses, 16 had at least one of these connections.

Latest posts

Latest posts