What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pistils turning red early?

zizration

there are 5 varieties in the room . on one of the varieties the pistils are turning quite dark almost burnt looking. all the rest are looking good with out any of that redness/burnt look. they are all getting the same feed, rh, temps, fans etc...my last feed was 1250 ppm.. any ideas on what might cause this? tia

:)

Last edited:

zizration

well i have looked around and haven't seen anything like that. i sure hope not!! shouldn't the other plants be seeded as well if that were the case?

GSPfan

Veteran
I've had a plant before that didn't show any male parts but it was a big herm. The dicks grew on the inside of the bud and seeded the plant but didn't seed the surrounding plants. I hope this isn't the case for you but it's best to be informed of possibilities. Maybe others will have some different ideas.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
can you post a pic of what the bud looks like?

im with the other old guy (OldSSSCGuy:i remember the sssc), your plants are still flowering
the first wave is starting to mature but at teh tops/periphery there should be plenty of fresh clear flowers still sprouting

this should continue for the next few weeks
at a point,the new growth slows, older growth matures and the bud will begin to ripen

but to play it safe lets also check for nanners

hope this helps

zizration

thnx guys.. :) i will post a pict tonite. i was wondering if it was nute burn as well. i sure hope it is a wave of production thing. the other plants are all white pistils is the thing...maybe somebody will be able to id strain for me as well. they got mislabeled by accident and i am not really sure what they are...

zizration

promix and perlite mix.. you thinkn that is too high? i was wondering that myself. the other plants beside seem to be loving life tho..

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
1250ppm is kind of hot but you said that the other plants are loving it so i dont think its a feeding issue

sure, it could be that this one plant is a light feeder
but if it were a nutrient issue, it would show in the leafs as well
/what color are the leafs on the one plant,btw?

im thinking its just an early finisher and will be one of the first ready to harvest
/early finish is a very desirable trait

zizration

so i didn't actually get a very good picture. but i grabbed the lux meter and I'm pretty sure my lites were too close to the plants. i raised them up a bit. i also calibrated the ph pen and it was out . reading 7.0 on a 30 gal jug and then 6.5 after calibration..:( .. next feed i will hit them closer to 1000 ppm and see if that helps at all..

Im actually in the same spot my plants are about the same age too! Ill get a pic mine is Super Skunk from Nirvana.
One of the tops sorry my camera is acting up.

A lil lower here u cam see the problem.

Last edited:

zizration

hmm, thats looks greener and nicer than mine, now i have bud envy. thnx a lot bro!! haha . i know it is hard to get a decent pict.

BruceBanner

I have no hermies but the same problem on some tops of all plants, it's because I touched them and rubed not intentionally, also one of them had fan blowing constant on the mid of the plant that I also touched and rubbed when I trained it, so those two may be the causes...