What's new

grow room ventilation advice needed

I have a new 24' x 8' flowering room. Can't affor to close it up and cool with hvac so am looking for the best alternative. My idea so far is to have a 10" exhaust fan up high and a passive vent or two down low.
I'd like to have everything set up with a digital thermostat that would keep me within 3 degrees of my set temp. When things got too warm the vent or vents would open and the fan would kick in pulling hot air out and bringing cool air in passivly through the vents until my set temp was met. Also will need some kind of filter on the vent to keep bugs out. Anybody know of a system like this on the market? also feel free to shred my idea. I'd rather hear about problems up front than learn about them after the fact. Thanks for the help.
Shelly

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
You want an active intake, preferably a 10" but an 8" would also work much better than passive alone. There are dozens of filter types that are suitable, high volume cone-style HEPA filters work wonders on intake vents, especially if you are pulling from another indoor environment. https://www.amazon.com/International-Grower-Supplies-IGS6HEPA-Organic/dp/B007IT46J2?th=1 You can find these for less if you look around.

Carbon filters on exhaust fan, and if you require serious smell control you can also put a carbon filter attached to a fan that just recirculates the air within the room; this will cut down on smell buildup when the air exchange fans aren't on, so the exhaust carbon filter doesn't have to work so hard when it clicks on. Wrapping the carbon filters with a cloth material such as 3m Filtrete will help stop dust from clogging up and reducing the life of the carbon filters.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I have a new 24' x 8' flowering room. Can't affor to close it up and cool with hvac so am looking for the best alternative. My idea so far is to have a 10" exhaust fan up high and a passive vent or two down low.
I'd like to have everything set up with a digital thermostat that would keep me within 3 degrees of my set temp. When things got too warm the vent or vents would open and the fan would kick in pulling hot air out and bringing cool air in passivly through the vents until my set temp was met. Also will need some kind of filter on the vent to keep bugs out. Anybody know of a system like this on the market? also feel free to shred my idea. I'd rather hear about problems up front than learn about them after the fact. Thanks for the help.
Shelly
Well how many lights n your location will determine if this is possible.. assuming your space size can fit 6-4X8 tables say 10-12 K... u need a source of cold air... summer is coming so remember what works in Feb prob won't in July.... what chimera said is correct you will need active intakes n exhaust ... in you situation is be considering/researching lung rooms ,