What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curling and twisting seedling leaves. Help.

Dossing

Don't have a ph meter right now, trying to keep to the budget. But will ph test with indicator strips.

Will switch over to water w/o nutes for a while then.
The soil is starting to feel dry'ish down to around 1inch, so might have to water after work. How much water should a 6-7cm seedling, in the state of the photo, have, are we talking 1-2dl or less?

I put platic bags over my new pack of Reserva Privada 6 Sour Kush seedlings and 2 Blueberry femeninezed

Attachments

• IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
Good to have humidty a lil higher for seedlings... my 6 SourKush are now on day 3 and look healthy... for seedlings i think around 50-80% is recommended for first week whrh just water?? And i havent watered my seedlings since i planted them 3 days ago ....but u should be fine at 35%.... they sell plastic Humdity domes at home depot for 5$ great for 12-18 seedlings

couchlockd

Overwatered. Both of y'all. You're going to have to get another hobby for a while to keep from killing your seedlings. That's usually the only answer for a while. If you don't find another way ronsp me your time you'll worry/ water them to death. Fungas gnat eggs come in growth medium to let you know when your overwatering.

Fungus knats come in medium to act as an indicator of over watering.

I've heard it all now. Thars the most stupid thing I've heard in a while.

Its hot soil. Five em time, they'll pick right up.

Keep moisture even in a hot soil, too dry makes it worse, too wet drowns them.

Top dress with some aggregate substance, line perlite, kind of till into top of soil and they'll eventually help aerate the medium.

This is common with seedlings by the way

Thank you couch locked im goin to air the seedligs out while im at work today and put a little extra perlite on the tops of the cups ???

Thank you!

Amd take the plastic bags off the cups to allow air flow for atleast 6 hours... my humidty normally with light on is around 45 i have a fan in high circulating the air well in this small tent...

any advice on my 1000 watr LED height over my 1 month olds ??... its at 16" over my tallest and 19"over shortest

couchlockd

Thank you couch locked im goin to air the seedligs out while im at work today and put a little extra perlite on the tops of the cups ???

Thank you!

Mix it into the top layer of soil about an inch or more deep, as a tiny bit of sand or something to help it get watered down into

Rule of thumb always cut heavy soils if not sure of watering skill. 20% at least.

I don't anymore but I used to.

I'm straight custom built organic soil.

Modified Vic high, clakmass coot, three little birdies mix.

Plain water with some GO "CaMg" here and there and molasses to finish

Im using Bottled nutes in Coco hand watering doing 6ml per gallon of Floranova and 1/4 tsp of Silica per gallon for my one month olds ... sound about Couch ??

couchlockd

Im using Bottled nutes in Coco hand watering doing 6ml per gallon of Floranova and 1/4 tsp of Silica per gallon for my one month olds ... sound about Couch ??

I guess haven't used fn since 2004

If your getting good results I'd say yes, rock on

I use the general organics line from time to time for a boost here n there

Also

SeaGreen
Great white
Photosynthesis plus
Mammoth P
Yucca
Aact compost tea

Here's some from soil and water

picture.php

picture.php

Honestly i wouldnt be able to grow organic until i had someone i knew in person to help me with all the different nutes that go into growing organic.

This is my first grow ... once i get my own place and some better lights and more space i am 100% gonna grow organic too i just dont have money for all the nutes right now... i was givin almost all those nutes for free... also growing organic seems like a lot of work for the recipe and teas and microbes...

couchlockd

Honestly i wouldnt be able to grow organic until i had someone i knew in person to help me with all the different nutes that go into growing organic.

This is my first grow ... once i get my own place and some better lights and more space i am 100% gonna grow organic too i just dont have money for all the nutes right now... i was givin almost all those nutes for free... also growing organic seems like a lot of work for the recipe and teas and microbes...

Get a bag of good spoil (vermifire, roots, ocean Forrest)

Add
4.5lbs earthworm castings
10oz blood meal
10oz bone meal
10oz high p guano.
6oz rock phosphate
Tablespoon dolomite lime
Teaspoon azomote
1/2 tsp humid ore
And maybe 1 cup of fox farm peqcexof mind 5-5-5 all purpose dry ferts or comparable dry fert.

Drizzle about 1.5 liters of water on it, let sit in a 18 gallon sterile bin. Turn every 2 weeks. After 4 to 6 weeks use it.

Don't get easier than that.

I said the same thing at first,but honestly micromanaging PH, and mixing batches of bites is harder.

You can be an oz or so off under or over I the build. No bad things happen.

If your a few ml off mixing bottle mutes bad things can happen..

Btw, I haven't checked on of anything since 2008.
:)

I see its most people growing organinc are all using a similar recipe... where do u usually gain access to them...? Amazon??

I couldnt agree more about with being off a little with bottles nutes and deficing ur plants... but seemingly with Just floranova ive have explosive results... maybe because im vegging with 1200 watts?? I gave my buddy @winniextracts one of my whitewalker kush seedlings at day 5 and his looks like an average 3 week old now .. but all of my seedlings even now at day 25 and my 4 week planted cheese clone from himthat he had cuts of going too in his veg room and mine have surpassed all of his .... and hes been growing for years and im only using FloraNova bloom 6ml per gallon with 1/2 tsp of Silica too... im might stick to this depending on how my finished product turns out because vegging dont mean shit if your nugs look and smell like dog poop

w3rds

I actually have my first batch of organic coil composting right now. Got all my amendments for a little over $100 between amazon and local stores. I definitely did a scaled down size batch though, since more than 6 plants will never happen with my situation so I would just have soil sitting for long periods of time.

Broad mites, as usual. Ok everyone rail against Me now. Wouldn't be the first time. But, watch your plants.. Don;t take it personally. Like everyone seems to. Broad mites are an epidemic these days all around the country

couchlockd

Trust me once you see it perform you'll never look
Back.

Let me chronicle my career growing.

Started with Technaflora B.C. line, with awesome blossoms and sugar daddy, mag-i-cal.

Then GH 3-part. With liquid look blooms, flotalicious plus.

Pure blend pro, liquid karma, calmag.

Various additives added to all above, pieces ssuper vit, thrive alive, etc.

Then I got a sample of Technaflora "pure vids" organic line.

Awesome, no ph'ing, no ec measuring,

Then general organics line.

Then bio canna.

Every thing above soiless mix sunshine #4 or light warrior was used.

Then did a moon shine man mix, (1 bag ocean forest, 1 bag light warrior, 1 bag fox farm red bag,2 cups fruit n flower) plain ro water from start to finish.

After this is when I started building soil, because I saw the results of a "qwik organic mix"

I never looked back

Dossing

Going organic sounds very tempting, will have to see what I can get a hold of here in Denmark :p

Anyway, my growth seems a little stunted. But it's coming along.
Lowered watering amount, frequency and dropped nutes for now.
Still having some problems it seems, the leaves are a little "off".
Might be i need to find a way to aerate my soil?

Attachments

• IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 5

Stevenbam1

Newbie here working on 50 post. this was one of the questions I had though and I hope I correct my problem and hoping I can get into this community and thrive! Would love to learn more than I thought possible.