What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making hash with no iso and no bubble bags.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Hi - am nearing completion of my 1st grow and have some plant matter that I want to use for making some type of hash type product only have Ethyl alcohol available in my location. (70%)

I have no bubble bags and don't really want to send off for them as I don't really have that much plant matter to process. Only 3 plants total at this stage as well as a bag of assorting trimmings including flower trim.

Don't want to mess around with any gas type methods as I'm confined to making it indoors.

Have had a good look around and not found what I was looking for. Any ideas about how I process this material?

Green Supreme

Veteran
Grind it lightly, put in a jar with water and shake. Let it settle a bit then take the green off the top and run the rest through a coffee filter. Peace GS

WelderDan

Veteran
There was a recent thread on making water hash without the bubble bags. Pretty much the same process as with the bags. The guy used ice and a mixer, then let it rest just like with the bags. He skimmed off the trim, then carefully siphoned off the water until there was just the gland heads a small amount of water. I think he then poured it through a coffee filter or paper towel.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
I prefer not to touch any type of solved types either. You can buy one or two bubble bags ya know? One one gallon bag( mesh size- find a happy medium) and a bucket and some dry ice.

Or look up Gumby Method. Its just a 5 gall bucket, ice, and your trim. Stir that shit , etc, siphon.. Youtube gumby method and search it here as well. I forget but someone has a nice thread on it in the hash subform.

Dry ice, fast and clean, takes very little time. You would need to invest in a bubble bag.
Or
Gumby - water ,ice, gravity, a small hose to siphon and some patience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr0X-C2C_3g

As far as the bag size, read around in here or maybe someone will chime in on an optimal mesh size. Some of these guys in here freak out if one particle of leaf is in their hash. If thats not you, one bag is totally cool. I use a 1 gallon 120 mesh. I am very pleased with my personal smoke when making dry ice hash.

Hash snob disclaimer- i am only suggesting cheap methods, cause Op wants cheap.
Steak at Dennys or Steak at Peter Luger's? Ones cheap and one has incredible juices rofl. Yes cheap will not be as "good", its relative, but OP knows that. =) gl buddy

Sinkyone

All you need is a silk screen, a freezer, and a plastic bag. Freeze the material in the plastic bag, blow it up with air, shake the hell our of it to dislodge the trichomes, then filter it thru the silk screen. If you are gentle you can end up with some very clean, melty, delicious end product for less than a $20 investment. IMO the gumby method sucks, I have yet to ever see it produce even mid-grade hash. It beats up the material too much, resulting it tons of contaminants in the hash, and all that extra time sitting in the water degrades it even more.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
^ hmm friend has screen printing co, going over there tonight to see if I can take anything.
Siny, do a little more searching on here and you will find some good looking gumby hash, I forget the fellas name., but he was more detailed than the norm if I recall.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Many thanks for the replies!

There is one thing I forgot to mention. With my trim I have been drying it then putting it in an airtight bag in the freezer. Everything all together. Flower trim from 77 days of flower plus harvested trim.

Does this narrow down my options at all?

Should i do something different in the future? Still have 2 1/2 plants to harvest.

L

LouDog420

Fuck the bubble bags.

Grab a pack of paint strainers for 3 bucks, and do some gumby hash

Superstone

Fuck the bubble bags.

Grab a pack of paint strainers for 3 bucks, and do some gumby hash

Couldn't agree more...but it's even easier to swipe a pair of stockings from your wife's panty drawer.:biggrin:

Dump in an oz. of ground trim .. squeeze,shake,or tap over a plate.I'm working on filling a 1lb salad container with kief to press into a block of hash.

L

LouDog420

^^ Pantyhose does it too!!

I just like the paint strainers cause they're made to fit into a 5 gallon bucket with a nice little elastic piece on the top
tiphat.gif

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol

lol

Dry ice scares me. I can imagine getting my dick or little finger frozen off like in a horror movie. Besides that in my humble tropical paradise it is not an easy thing to find.

lol, if u can get ur hands on some it is very simple and safe process (as long as u wear gloves for ur fingers, and pants for ur dick) also produces a product u cn smoke as soon as u make it. :tiphat: