What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boomer's 2012 Guerilla Grow! Northeast : 40N

Boomer89

Okay fella's, I know its early, but I am too excited to hold back. I am starting preparations on my 2012 guerilla grow after taking last year off.

This will be my 4th guerilla grow. Each time i have been able to harvest something, but I have fought varmints, storms, infestations, rippers, budrot & mold in the past. Not to mention, each and every harvest I have previously done, has been too early. My last grow, I cut on Oct 19th and she wasn't ready, but I had to cut due to inclimate weather.

Obviously at this point & time I am in the preparation stages. I will have a grow partner, someone I have successfully used in the past, he is trustworthy and not afraid to get dirty.

I am looking to start with 20 - 30 plants. In the end, I will be happy if I have 9 - 15 females.

STRAIN RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 40N?

I will be purchasing seeds most likely this upcoming week. I am unsure if I want to use any autoflowers or not. I am worried about their yeild production, but, I also need something that will finish end sept - mid oct.

Has anyone had experience with..

Homegrown Fantaseeds Top 44
Homegrown Fantaseeds Homegrown Purple
Kannabia Special
Delicious Fruity Chronic
KC Brands Cali Special
Nirvana Wonder Woman
Nirvana PPP

I am also looking at Hollands Hope possibly Durban Poison.

Something mold resistant would be a +++!

I will be using those plasticy type grow bags. I am thinking 7 or 10gal bags. Soil is going to be the most expensive part. I am thinking of a 50:25:25 ratio of Organic Mix:Top Soil:perlite probably some worm castings as well.

NUTRIENTS

As for nutrients, I will be using General Hydroponics (love em) Flora series. I will be following the Lucas method.

Germination / Seedlings

Each seed will be properly germinated & planted in jiffy pots. They will be grown, 5 at a time, inside a grow box that I will prepare. The grow box, you might laugh at, but it HAS WORKED FOR ME BEFORE!

It will be a simple 5gal bucket, flipped upside down. Inside sprayed flat white, ONE simple CFL light mounted through the side of the bucket, ONE pc fan exhaust at the top of the box.

Me and my partner will each one of these seedling boxes and we will be growing 5 at a time for 10 - 14 days, then they will be transferred outside.

I am hoping to have them all outside by May 18th.

So please, ladies & gentleman, take a seat and enjoy the show! Any advice would be greatly appreciated (esp strain recommendations ATM) Wish me luck and lets pray for a pleasant 2012 grow season!

Boomer89

PREVIOUS GROWS

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

From the good old days :blowbubbles:

ronbo51

Veteran
Hey, What Lat are you? Finishing by late September is pretty early. I don't know about any of your gear outside but I would concentrate on fast finishers, or talk to peeps you know who have successfully ripened a strain near you or at same latitude, similar climate. Last year I grew some autos in green shopping totes. They are basically 7 gallon smart pots. They had handles so I could move them although by the end of the season they were pretty much done in by UV. And the green color was spot on for guerilla growing. That's the only way I have ever gotten a harvest of autos without mold. They really have trouble planted in dirt guerilla style. Think about not getting all those seeds and just grow one or two strains you know are going to work.

Boomer89

I am 40N.

My first / last frost is May 18th / Sept 20, however, with our extremely mild winter, id expect the last frost to be mid April. And, on average, the last frost doesn't usually hit until the beginning of October. Nothing crazy early, I just need to find something that will finish earlier than most. People do it WAYY north of me.

I have been really looking @ KC Brains Brain Damage & Black Label Hollands Hope. Will also be getting a few freebies from the seedbank I am ordering from. I'm gonna order between march 2nd and march 5th because they are celebrating there 5yr anniversary = more freebies!! LOL

I was thinking about putting some out after jun 21st this year, introducing the plants to shortening days right outta the gate! Peace homies

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Since you're having trouble in part because of late harvests, have you considered something earlier finishing? Maybe a mid-to -end of september type strain?

And PPP is a version of DP.

Boomer89

Well, the KC Brains Brain Damage is supposed to finish in sept. its genetics are Afghanistan x Double Afghani. And same goes for the Hollands Hope, it is supposed to finish in sept. aswell AND it is resistant to mold with is a bonus in my book.

I think that's what I will go with boys, unless someone can suggest otherwise? I will be ordering thru attitude (btw, they have a really nice promotion if your order from mar 2 - 5)

Boomer89

Stay tuned to this log folks, I will be posting plenty of updates of my seed choice (tho I think I already have it down pat), my seedling grow box, my labor intensive setup at my grow areas. The whole 9 yards. You don't want to miss out ;)

I am shooting for 15 - 20oz's. Something I have never pulled off before, all in all this is looking like it will be a 25 - 30 plant grow.

Stay tuned to this log folks, I will be posting plenty of updates of my seed choice (tho I think I already have it down pat), my seedling grow box, my labor intensive setup at my grow areas. The whole 9 yards. You don't want to miss out ;)

I am shooting for 15 - 20oz's. Something I have never pulled off before, all in all this is looking like it will be a 25 - 30 plant grow.

Damn homie you got that no problem...I gotta tell ya tho I don't have the stomach to run seeds outdoor, don't wanna pheno hunt etc. so I run strong indica from NE USA, no Dutch genes

I'll follow along here, planting about the same time as you. And I'd like to see if the ones put out after solstice flower sooner...the peace!

Sep25

picture.php

Boomer89

Beautiful plant you had there Craven! Where about's are ya? (Lat wise?)

If your in the NE like me, then you have to know about our dreaded wet fall's. Its the absolute worst!!

I am now really looking into Hollands Hope & Early Durban. They are both fast finisher's that don't really seem to disappoint.

Along with this order, I will be receiving a bunch of freebies, and I may be able to scrape up some bagseed as well. But my main concern in HUNTERS AND COLD MOLDY FALL. So I see it as, the sooner I can harvest, the better odds I have for getting ripped and losing a big percentage of product due to mold (both of which happened to me already).

Boomer89

Really?? Hopefully its just you LOL
They are just pics from one of my older guerilla grows.

I will be hiking out in a few on the gorgeous day to scout out a few more spots. Possible pictures.

NY wine growing region

NY wine growing region

Near a lake, sept gets really tricky with cool/damp

May/jun

picture.php

sept

picture.php

Red_bulls

I am form Lat. 41 and my mainly problems is rabbit´s lol and mold, last year i grow swiss cheese of nirvana and have very litle mold with 90% humidaty in steptember (no rain). harvested in 4 of october.
Very easy to grow.

Boomer89

Went out hiking for about an hour or so. It is still very hard to judge a good site because the tree's are all bare.

I am thinking about using a chainsaw? But I am worried about drawing too much attention. I have no open fields in my area, it is all woods with big oak tree's blocking out the light. I usually look for fallen / dead tree's that allow some light to shine through.

43N here, I have that problem as well but work around it by stepping away from the woods, you just gotta figure out how you are going to covertly access some of these places. Farmers fields, irrigation pond embankments, Power lines/train tracks/natural gas lines, construction sites on hiatus or fields next to plaza's. It's all a risk, so you make up for it with more spots. Catch basins in residential subdivisions or large parking lots like malls are also my favorite as they are fenced in and not going to get chopped or sprayed.

Damn Cravenmore, envious of that garden!

Boomer89

So I went out today and hiked again for about 2 miles in a big circle. All I have is woods, upon woods, upon woods. Thousands of acres. These woods are mainly used for two things, atv's & dirtbikes and hunters. And I am starting to get nervous. I can't seem to find a suitable spot where the opening is big enough through the canopy to support a garden.

I did find a WONDERFUL spot. It was probably a 50'x40' clearing on top of this little rock mountain. It was beautiful and I was so extremely excited I came across this area. Jumping for joy almost. I went scouting around the opening to see if there were any signs of humans and I came across TWO DEER STANDS! Both looking nearly brand new like they were set up very recently. One tree stand was pretty far away, about 100yds through the woods and I was confident that he wouldn't come out to where the opening was. But the other stand I cam across was nearly 60yds away. I can't risk my garden in this area which REALLY SUCKS GUYS! It really was a magnificent guerilla spot!

Im not really left with too much of an option other than making a clearing on my own. My growing partner has a little chainsaw but it will take down some decent size tree's. I really didn't want to resort to this because a freshly cut tree looks very suspicious in the middle of nowhere.. I have a few spots in mind that have smaller trees. Id be able to take down roughly 3 - 4 tree's and have a decent opening.

ANYHOW, I have finally ordered my seeds through attitude. They had just celebrated their birthday and they gave out some really nice freebies along with my order. Here is my 2012 lineup.

Black Label Hollands Hope (x10) REG
KC Brain Brains Damage (x10) REG
Dinafem Seeds Super Silver (x1) REG
Dinafem Seeds Cheese (x1) REG
CSG "S.S.D.H" (x2) REG
Paradise Seeds DelaHaze (x1) FEM
Reserua Priuada The OG #18 (x1) FEM
T.H.Seeds MKage (x1) FEM

27 Seeds total. 3 guaranteed females (as long as they germ) , so out of 24 regular seeds, I am hoping for at least 10 females. I would be happy with 13+ females after it's all said and done.

Next on the list is grow bags. I was gonna get 7gal bags, but I suppose I am gonna go with the 10gal bags. Sucks that I have to do this. That's what you get for living in the rockiest town in the world lol.

10gal grow bags. 27 plants = 270 gallons of soil = a lot of carrying dirt and a lot of $$$

Boomer89

So it has been decided. I am going to go into the woods and make my own spot via chainsaw. I only have access to a smaller one, but I will make due with what I got. I have a nice spot in mind, its a cluster of some smaller trees that I can get rid of easily. That will open up the canopy a lot allowing much more sunlight through.

Most likely, im gonna plant the 3 fem seeds I have in 20gal bags because I know there gonna bud. The rest are gonna go in 10gal bags. I am worried about the plants becoming too top heavy and falling over. I suppose ill have to tie them down once they start goin wild :jump:

Any one have any experience with the strains I chose? I am honestly more interested in the freebies I am getting rather then the strains I chose LOL I know HH is gonna be a winner in my climate & from what I have heard, brain damage is a good one aswell. I just don't know about KC anymore, have heard good & bad.

With all the deer hunter activity I think you should look for another spot. Cutting down any trees will only attract their attention, not to mention the deer, squirrels, rabbits, and pigs . Ol Leroy Brown has some good suggestions there. You have to find a safe secure location. Security is number one. Good luck.

OD budzz

I am 40N.

I have been really looking @ KC Brains Brain Damage & Black Label Hollands Hope. Will also be getting a few freebies from the seedbank I am ordering from. I'm gonna order between march 2nd and march 5th because they are celebrating there 5yr anniversary = more freebies!! LOL
i ordered some brain damage as well! also lookin at bind bender and brains choice. im really looking forward to that :dance013: