What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pirate's DIY Sulfur Burner for Dummies

Mouse

I'm having problems getting the can up to 300 degrees. We've tried a larger watt bulb (just to experiment), lowering the can right on top of the bulb and a diff thermometer. Any suggestions? The instructions were followed as Pirate noted, to a T. I'd hate to have to run out and spend the cash on a burner, simply can’t seem to figure out why I can't get the heat up? Thanks - Mouse

Something tells me nobody's tried this, other then Pirate and since he doesn't respond, well????...my Husband is VERY crafty/machinist and for the life of us, can't figure out why it won't heat up. Hate to have to drop the dime, but my girls are soon ready to go into their room. Gotta do, watcha gotta do......anybody?

Peace
Mouse

Last edited:

ultraorganic

SULFURCIDE

SULFURCIDE

Hey Pirate! I know it's been a while since you had posted your very cool step-by-step instructions on how to build that burner, but I just found it. Thanks Brother! It WAS super easy to make. I have one question though. What do I do in order to supply just the right amount of sulfur to the room? Is there any rules on that? Any way to tell whether it's enough? Or too much?

ost

Something tells me nobody's tried this, other then Pirate and since he doesn't respond, well????...my Husband is VERY crafty/machinist and for the life of us, can't figure out why it won't heat up. Hate to have to drop the dime, but my girls are soon ready to go into their room. Gotta do, watcha gotta do......anybody?

Peace
Mouse

ost

never tryed this ,but i do know the avarge bungee cord s hooks are just right to fit most frame tent wise , supports every thing ,light , filter/fan and ductworkuse a smaller lock washer to adjust every thing

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Smelling sulfur means you are exposed to at least 1 part per million of sulfur dioxide, a gas.. Repeated Exposure to this level can cause health concerns, such as eye, throat, and nose irritation. Just a little bit too.😎

What happens if you inhale a lot of sulfur fumes?

Inhalation: VERY TOXIC, can cause death. Can cause severe irritation of the nose and throat. At high concentrations: can cause a life-threatening accumulation of fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema). Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, and tightness in the chest. Google