What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broken stem

tetrachomes

Hey guys, this is my first grow and I went for some training, first I TOPed it a week ago all good so far, 5 days later I tried to LST the 2 new shoots but last night they snapped on their own, not sure what happened... So my questions are, will it be fine? should I do something? is that normal to happen,I mean, when I LSTed it was ok and then a day later it snaps like that??? Here is a pic of the before and after incident.

Attachments

• quebroada.jpg
    quebroada.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 5

CoCoSativas

Sounds like too much tension over time the branches gave.

Some varieties are soft some are not. Soft branch vqrieties train well the tougher the plant the harder to lst you are better trying lst on soft stuff thats tlrally what its there for

CoCoSativas

Tahnk you.

I'm a sativa fiend but I rarely tie usually prune. I'm pretty good at estimating stretch with new varieties based off what they are.

My main plant control is root binding but this is interesting talked about much. I grow in substrate, coco so it works for me. Small pots. It's kinda weird so I don't really talk about it much more on the advanced side of things

Ratzilla

Veteran
I have also found that the stems ,petioles are easier to bend when the plant is well hydrated.
A splint out of popsicle sticks or something in like that might make you feel better.
It will grow a big knuckle at the break.
Ratz :tiphat:

CoCoSativas

I have also found that the stems ,petioles are easier to bend when the plant is well hydrated.
A splint out of popsicle sticks or something in like that might make you feel better.
It will grow a big knuckle at the break.
Ratz :tiphat:

Yeah can tape it together, tie it tight all works.

Agree most plants are easy to bend when well hydrated unless they are the really tough springy bastards, letting them dry and droop can sometolimes get them to weaken

Latest posts

Latest posts