What's new

vegan cannabutter?

My friend once used I cant believe its not butter and it separated into 3 sections... I dont know if thats like what you have though... ingredients? Boil some see how it solidifies. If theres an oil, a fat, it will absorb. Why not coconut oil bro?

oceangrownterps

My friend once used I cant believe its not butter and it separated into 3 sections... I dont know if thats like what you have though... ingredients? Boil some see how it solidifies. If theres an oil, a fat, it will absorb. Why not coconut oil bro?

hey tessarecting, the product (butter) i use is "earth balance" it says it contains 5 types of oils! i hope these oils will bond with the thc from trim. the ingredients are:expeller-pressed oil blend (palm fruit, soybean,canola,flax and olive), water, salt, contains less than 2% of natural flavor, soy protein, soy lecithin, lactic acid (non-dairy),annato extract (color) contains: soy
i will try using this vegan butter. thanks for your response, i appreciate your feedback broskii.

Terpz

I have used Earth Balance for years to make canna butter. It works just fine. I also make coconut oil/ hash capsules and tinctures. Both work great. The consistancy is the major difference... if you're looking to use it as a spread or in cooking recipes then butter is better than oil. Good luck!

oceangrownterps

I have used Earth Balance for years to make canna butter. It works just fine. I also make coconut oil/ hash capsules and tinctures. Both work great. The consistancy is the major difference... if you're looking to use it as a spread or in cooking recipes then butter is better than oil. Good luck!

thats great Terpz! got it! I've been using earth balance for a while now. for regular meals, and baking but now i can have most of what i eat infused with thc! i plan on making my own capsules and tinctures, can't wait. thanks for the knowledge. your feedback is helpful. are their "vegan capsules"? i hear of the "gelatin" capsules but those contain animal by product i believe, right?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try organic coconut oil. Do a YT search, but basically...

1. Deacarb your larf/buds/shake
2. ~ 8oz oil to 8 ozs plant material
3. Slow Cooker on low 4 hours, let cool ~ 1 hour
4. Strain through a Bodium Coffee Press
5. Refrigerate

Swamp Thang

Veteran
May I suggest that Petflora'a excellent recipe be modified slightly by the addition of water to the slow cook stage, such that the water layer can be poured away after the oil and water layers have separated during the after-cook refrigeration.

The water will prevent the oil from burning during the slow cook stage, but most importantly, all the nasty weed taste dissolves in the water, and is thus removed almost entirely when the water is later poured off. I learnt of this vital water washing step from one of the sticky posts in this cooking section of the forum.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
May I suggest that Petflora'a excellent recipe be modified slightly by the addition of water to the slow cook stage, such that the water layer can be poured away after the oil and water layers have separated during the after-cook refrigeration.

The water will prevent the oil from burning during the slow cook stage, but most importantly, all the nasty weed taste dissolves in the water, and is thus removed almost entirely when the water is later poured off. I learnt of this vital water washing step from one of the sticky posts in this cooking section of the forum.

I used water last time with organic butter. I did not remove the solids. The recipe I followed this time from YT did not ad water, but with coconut oil there are no animal fats to separate. Who knows? Low Temp on my Crock Pot is 184*s, AFAIK coconut oil is very stable at frying temps let alone < 200*s

Since it's oil (no fat solids) the only thing to separate is the plant material, which the Bodum press did great. I
made warm tea with the oily material. Since it was mostly spent, just a mild high

I spread ~ 1/4 tsp on bread this morning. It took about 30 minutes to kick in. That was an hour ago, still climbing as the stress releases from my muscles

I have to jump in with the coconut oil crowd.

I have baked cookies, brownies and my special peanut butter pretzels all with a portion of the butter called for replaced with infused coconut oil.

They are YUMMY and effective. They are tasty enough that when I make non medicated brownies or cookies now I use some coconut oil as well.

Mick

Veteran
If I remember correctly, coconut oil gives a stronger high but olive oil is better for medical. Something to do with the way the liver metabolizes different oils. My favourite mind blowing oil is made with ethanol, and it's vegan :)

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
you should water cure before hand till the water is clear 3 x for me..then make your butter...yeehaw ...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been making tea with the canna-coco-oil + honey.. 6ozs takes about a half hour then, aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, which for me lasts for 2-3 hours. Nice way to start/end the day

1/2 teaspoon (I used 95% nice decarbed larf). Easily makes 20ozs of good times

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Made some CannaCookies today..

Made some CannaCookies today..

I have to jump in with the coconut oil crowd.

I have baked cookies, brownies and my special peanut butter pretzels all with a portion of the butter called for replaced with infused coconut oil.

They are YUMMY and effective. They are tasty enough that when I make non medicated brownies or cookies now I use some coconut oil as well.

I use Coconut Oil - 1 oz Indica Bud (20% THC) to 16 oz of Coconut Oil.

This will yield 100 X 60mg CannaCookies

These will :snap out of it:kick you butt :woohoo:

I use a MagicButter Machine, which works great