What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to build a bubble cloner or should i buy one built

I was thinking on buying or building a bubble cloner. I seen a bubble cloner called oxycloner, It seems to be a container with a device that makes bubbles( not air stone) .now if i get a container and use a air pump and a fish air stone ,drill holes on top of lid and use neoprene inserts will this be a success ful way of make a cheap effective cloner ? I would alos use clonex solution in water.. id there are better idea out there please let me know . I would however like to stay away from making a aeroponic set up ,i dont want to have a cloner that gets to worm inside, i rather try and keep the water temp low and heat up if need be with a heat pad.

or should i just buy the oxyclone for like 59.00 bucks plus shipping of 13.00 bucks

faint

Thanks

Build your own man. What your describing is exactly how I started my clones , and I had 100% success. Small Tupperware container cut holes lids and stuck em in the holes with a air stone in the bottom. Took about two weeks to get root nubs than finally roots.

K

keev

building your own is more fun and cheaper..
dont use clonex in a bubbler or aerocloner! dont use a heating pad, use a aquaristic heat stick (sorry im german^^)

heres an example of an aerocloner i made.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

building your own is more fun and cheaper..
dont use clonex in a bubbler or aerocloner! dont use a heating pad, use a aquaristic heat stick (sorry im german^^)

heres an example of an aerocloner i made.
View Image
View Image
View Image

I built one almost like yours i used different sprayer but it was on the same idea ,But it leaked to much from lid and it seems to get to warm . but it leaked so much that i never got a chance to see it produce roots. It was arubber maid container , did not know how to seal lid, so i canned project and said to hellwith it and started to do old style cloning,with gel and cubes , works well take a little bit long to make roots but 100% success rate, I want to produce root a bit faster than old school way

RipVanWeed

Manage temps in aerocloners by cycling the pump on and off with a timer. Running a coupla airstones keeps the enviro in the cloner plenty wet.

Sometimes, when it's warm, I'll only be running the pump for 15min per hour. Stick a cheapo cooking thermometer through the lid and you'll always know what the temps are.

This is my 22 site bucket cloner, change the water every 3 days and yer good to go. Tap water works better than RO.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I cut the inserts out of a sheet of insulating foam, melt a hole through the center and cut a slit from the edge to the hole.

If you stick with the bubble cloner, temps are still key.

Respect

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's my DIY BUBBLER. It has 4 large Oxystones which allows more distance between surface of water and net pot

Manage temps in aerocloners by cycling the pump on and off with a timer. Running a coupla airstones keeps the enviro in the cloner plenty wet.

Sometimes, when it's warm, I'll only be running the pump for 15min per hour. Stick a cheapo cooking thermometer through the lid and you'll always know what the temps are.

This is my 22 site bucket cloner, change the water every 3 days and yer good to go. Tap water works better than RO.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

I cut the inserts out of a sheet of insulating foam, melt a hole through the center and cut a slit from the edge to the hole.

If you stick with the bubble cloner, temps are still key.

Respect

what size pump are you running through that? mine is setup pretty much the same, even the sprayer head design.. I'm only using a 160gph pump though which I feel is a tad small.. It does the job though.

I also used 2" neoprene pucks as the cutting holders.. the most you can fit in a 5 gal bucket lid is 16-17. Nice job on making your own holders

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
I have 2 OxyCloner's....LOVE them....they are kind of cheaply built....BUT they DO last....
been running one for 6+ months 24/7....and the little buggers DO produce roots....VERY well
I have gotten VERY well rooted clones in 6 days....
that being said I use straight tap water.... changed every other day to stay clean....
the oxycloner ISNOT a aero cloner / mister.... or such...
It's much more of a perpetual under current system....
the little pump is submersible and has a extra feed of air directly to it to provide constant oxygenated water with steady movement....WORKS great ....

all that being said....U could build U'r own.... simple find the right container w/ lid black is best to block out light....
cut holes w/ hole saw... use neoprene collars.....
and source the smallest submersible pump u can find....
and U'll be up and running.....
for me that was too much work..... I just bought the oxycloner and got over the cost.... the first time I saw...........R00tZ........

this is what i ended up doing, I built my own . I got a 5 gal bucket and found a special lid with holes made for neopreen inserts, then i got a air pump and a round air bubble disc . I set the clonex solution to 200ppm(advise from hydro store) and ph of 5.8. I made a 45 degree cut in clone,shaved the skin off a bit and dipped in root tech clone gel . I also did not submerge the stem i was told to just have it just above the water (advise from hydro store.