Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Suggest a sativa..

Thread Title Search
Suggest a sativa.. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2019, 04:17 AM #1
Gone Camping

Gone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the rough
Suggest a sativa..

High Guys, i'm about 5 years in this hobby, growing mostly indica dominant stuff.

Last year I did a genetics swap with a local and experienced his favorite cut of Crockett's Tangie. He's recently had a career change and getting in touch has proven difficult, and i'm not the type to badger someone who obviously has more important things on their plate. I did enjoy it for keeping me motivated around the house and yard. My indica's tend to knock me out if I dare sit in the ac and have a few tokes.. I need a sativa in my life.

Here's the thing though, i'm a heart patient and racy strains tend to make me uncomfortable if I have a bit too much. Actually it scares the hell out of me at times.

I understand Blue Dream is a new grower friendly and popular strain, C99 (Female Seeds) I once tried but didn't do it justice.

Anyone up to suggest a strain and breeder for me to research? I'd have just ordered a pack of Tangie but i cant seem to find it in the states.

Gone Camping is online now Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 04:32 AM #2
right

right is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really nice
Check out the ace seeds subforum , and ask there . They will help you pick out a good one for you. Dubi is usually pretty helpful like that.
right is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:00 AM #3
herbgreen

herbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Camping View Post
I'd have just ordered a pack of Tangie but i cant seem to find it in the states.

https://www.seedsherenow.com/shop/br...-farms-tangie/
herbgreen is online now Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 05:01 AM #4
Outcold

Outcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of light
In addition to Ace, CannaBiogen and Original Delicatessen Seeds would be great resources.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:04 PM #5
Gone Camping

Gone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the roughGone Camping is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbgreen View Post
I thought they were overseas, believe they have a pretty good selection too.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll look into those.

Gone Camping is online now Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 04:46 PM #6
SolarLogos

SolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Camping View Post
I thought they were overseas, believe they have a pretty good selection too.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll look into those.

Ace's descriptions on their site of the strains and effects are pretty spot on, at least what I have found. Your seed will arrive in the US in about a week, they are pretty quick and Ace's turnaround time is same day in my experience, and I've ordered a few times. Just got seeds 2 weeks ago. Also, Dubi and everyone on the Ace thread is great if you have questions growing any of their strains.
Hope you find the perfect strain my friend. Maybe take a trip back in time and try some old school strains, my reason for being there.
For a kind gentle sativa, but without ceiling, I recommend their Honduran. Perfect morning/coffee smoke IMHO. Clear, in control, pinpoint focus, excellent for scheduling the day, get things done, good energy, etc. I'm sure they have better ones though that I haven't tried.
Peace, God bless
And the award to the conqueror, if he also heeds the works of the Logos; that is, he observes the admonitions of the spiritual mind. He is absolute control and dominion over his lower forces and faculties in which he rules as with a rod of iron. And he receives the morning star, which symbolizes the divine love, that heralds the dawn of the coming day of full spiritual illumination.

Patience is a virtue and the hallmark of an experienced grower.
SolarLogos is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:51 PM #7
Breadwizard

Breadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really nice
I second this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcold View Post
In addition to Ace, CannaBiogen and Original Delicatessen Seeds would be great resources.
I would suggest Nepjam from ace, easy to grow, sativa based, not racy/speedy.

I've got a couple "first lady" from original delicatessen going as well, I hear the effect is kind, but it's still growing so who knows.
Breadwizard is online now Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 08:21 PM #8
Tipunch

Tipunch is a jewel in the roughTipunch is a jewel in the roughTipunch is a jewel in the roughTipunch is a jewel in the roughTipunch is a jewel in the roughTipunch is a jewel in the rough
Hello.

Blue Dream from HSO didn't impress me. I would suggest in the short flowering times Durban Poison, Super Silver Haze. Longer flowering Times I would suggest Neville's Haze and Mango Haze. But really depends on your favorite tastes? Ace and Cannabiogen Have a nice offering too. Kali mist has great press too
Tipunch is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 08:27 PM #9
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
It's probably easier for most people to grow a Sativa dominant hybrid
the 1st time away from pure Indicas. Luckily, there are many to chose
from. Maybe something like Neville's Haze or Ace's Panama would do.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:32 PM #10
SolarLogos

SolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to beholdSolarLogos is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
It's probably easier for most people to grow a Sativa dominant hybrid
the 1st time away from pure Indicas. Luckily, there are many to chose
from. Maybe something like Neville's Haze or Ace's Panama would do.
That's a great point, he did mention he mostly grew Indica's. For something that might be compact, 7-9 weeks flowering with Sativa high, Kali China may work. Ace describes the high as: Powerful, psychedelic and sensorial effect of SE asian sativa, with a relaxed, introspective and meditative development.
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/...ichinafem.html

Another is Nepal Jam fem ((Nepalese/Jamaica '85) x Nepalese, 60 Sativa/40 Indica, 8-9 weeks flower
High: Warm, clean and expansive effect that leaves you happy and floating on air for 2-3 hours.
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/...paljamfem.html

Good luck in your search.
Peace, God bless
And the award to the conqueror, if he also heeds the works of the Logos; that is, he observes the admonitions of the spiritual mind. He is absolute control and dominion over his lower forces and faculties in which he rules as with a rod of iron. And he receives the morning star, which symbolizes the divine love, that heralds the dawn of the coming day of full spiritual illumination.

Patience is a virtue and the hallmark of an experienced grower.
SolarLogos is offline Quote