Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > What exactly is a Cannabis full de-scheduling bill? Would this be a good thing?

Thread Title Search
What exactly is a Cannabis full de-scheduling bill? Would this be a good thing? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2019, 05:26 PM #1
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant future
What exactly is a Cannabis full de-scheduling bill? Would this be a good thing?

This is being talked about right now.
I am currently clueless on this matter.
Could ya help a brother out here?
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:57 PM #2
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
Lemme try:

The linchpin of cannabis’ federal status is its presence on Schedule 1, which is dangerous drugs with a high potential for abuse, no accepted medical use. There are two(?) other, less restrictive schedules, but to de-schedule cannabis would remove it from regulation and control.

What that would do is undercut all arguments for restrictive legislation. It becomes, essentially, just a plant. It would open the door releasing and expunging the records of cannabis-only felons, with or without restitution. It would mean the end of the war on weed, if we pushed it to that, and we could if we’re willing to bring pressure.

Does that help?
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:10 PM #3
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant futureshaggyballs has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Beard View Post
Lemme try:

The linchpin of cannabis’ federal status is its presence on Schedule 1, which is dangerous drugs with a high potential for abuse, no accepted medical use. There are two(?) other, less restrictive schedules, but to de-schedule cannabis would remove it from regulation and control.

What that would do is undercut all arguments for restrictive legislation. It becomes, essentially, just a plant. It would open the door releasing and expunging the records of cannabis-only felons, with or without restitution. It would mean the end of the war on weed, if we pushed it to that, and we could if we’re willing to bring pressure.

Does that help?
Well that is what I thought too!
But there has to be some kind of catch here.....No?
Do you have a link to the bill or other info to look over.

I have said this will never happen, so if this does in fact mean what you say....."I may have a lot of crow to eat!"

And happily so!
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:15 PM #4
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
To me the best thing is does is end employment drug testing for weed. Oh plus it stops all these bs raids going on in Cali.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 06:39 PM #5
MedFaced

MedFaced has a spectacular aura aboutMedFaced has a spectacular aura aboutMedFaced has a spectacular aura about
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...D%257D&r=2&s=2

The talk going on for over a decade that I’ve been following suggests part of the DEA will be folded into the ATF and they will be charged with enforcing lawful mj production and distribution. Illegal shops/farms/entities will still be targeted for raids. “Deschedual” is just the political buzzword. Removal from the schedule 1 list opens up the money for legal transactions, independent studies, employee/employer rights and so on.
MedFaced is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 06:49 PM #6
F2F

F2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura about
Here ya go Shaggy

I've been interested in learning a little more lately about State and Federal laws.

General info and links for more detailed info. can be found here.

DEAhttps://www.dea.gov/drug-scheduling

Peace
F2F
F2F is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 08:12 PM #7
shaggyballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Beard View Post
Lemme try:

Does that help?
Well maybe not "just a plant"???

It would seem you need a permit.
Still digging through.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

Old 06-23-2019, 08:21 PM #8
shaggyballs

Well I read the dang thing twice and dont know that I grasped it very well at all??

Will home growing be allowed in all forms, no plant counts ect.?
That would be something there!
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

Old 06-24-2019, 12:09 AM #9
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Even the World Health Organization (WHO) is pushing for all countries to deregulate cannabis to the lowest possible status of control.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 12:20 AM #10
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
Well I read the dang thing twice and dont know that I grasped it very well at all??

Will home growing be allowed in all forms, no plant counts ect.?
That would be something there!

Can't help thinking that were it honestly stated, it could
be a simple and straight forward read...

2 members found this post helpful.