Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Driving while high: Marijuana users twice as likely to crash, AAA study finds

Thread Title Search
Driving while high: Marijuana users twice as likely to crash, AAA study finds Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2019, 02:20 AM #21
pongster

pongster has a spectacular aura aboutpongster has a spectacular aura aboutpongster has a spectacular aura aboutpongster has a spectacular aura about
i started to smoke ganja before i learned how to drive at 14, but i got very nervous when driving so i had to be high to be able to drive. i had a job involving driving all around my country, sometimes 1200 km in a day. always high.
my world is small, and i know only a few people, but in all my life i have only met one guy that could actually drive while high besides me; the rest are useless drivers.
so, i don't know, the article does have some truth to it.
best smokes
pongster is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2019, 02:24 AM #22
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
This looks like the conservative Florida boys didn’t like the National AAA saying that the risk couldn’t justify the laws proposed against it...so they ordered up their own study with their own preferred outcome
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:28 AM #23
CaptainDankness

CaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB56 View Post
Are people in this thread actually arguing that driving while high is OK? Sounds like it, but hard to believe that could be the case.
I've never been in an accident. even been pulled over speeding high the cop didn't suspect a thing.
CaptainDankness is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:38 AM #24
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
The national report from 2016 seems to no longer be on the AAA website
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

Old 06-20-2019, 02:45 AM #25
West Aera

West Aera will become famous soon enoughWest Aera will become famous soon enough
Although that 'study' is silly and not much of a scientific study at all I absolutely think that cannabis can effect your ability to drive. Just like alcohol, having a beer or two isn't going to make you crash your car but if you have enough to alter your perception of what's around you and cause a difference in reaction times then it definitely will have an increase in risk

I've always found it funny because I see the same people who say the indicas they grow are so strong they make you slur your words and pass out where you're sitting after smoking too much and their sativas trip you out and give you noticeable visual distortions and make you sit there for 15 minutes laughing about nothing before realising you've just been laughing to yourself for quarter of an hour are the same people that say cannabis has 0 effect on your ability to drive

If you can get that high on weed it's obviously going to cause some difference to your reaction times and awareness. Just like all drugs, there's a limit
West Aera is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:25 AM #26
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of
If I haven't smoked in weeks I get pretty high and don't drive, other than that I'm fine.
'Boogieman' is online now Quote

Old 06-20-2019, 03:31 AM #27
RB56

RB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud ofRB56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperortaima View Post
Those of us who go based on sound science yes and due to some peoples exp here who reported their experiences yes.... whats your argument against driving while stoned or high off cannabis? Would love to read your OPINION
I'm 63 and have consumed weed regularly and heavily since I was 13. Went for years driving high and never had an accident or even a close call. I was young and stupid and wasn't giving much thought to the harm I could have caused. Come to think of it, I spent 5 years driving a cab in Boston at night and was high for most of that.

If I was involved in an accident while I was high and killed someone, I would never have been able to say it wasn't my fault. The fact is, driving doesn't take all of anybody's skill, concentration and reflexes. Especially when we're young, there's plenty extra for emergencies - sudden urgency, no problem, plenty of time to respond. As we age (and I mean starting around 40), hear and vision become less acute, reflexes and mental analysis takes longer. Weed does the same thing. Put them together and you may be in a dangerous place. Arguments that cannabis makes one a better driver are absurd. Arguments that half the drivers are high on opioids, anti-depressants, LSD or McDonald's milkshakes are beyond the point.

Nobody really believes they drive as well high as sober. Weed enhances lots of things. Operating machinery with little margin for error isn't one of those things. Not worth the risk.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2019, 03:45 AM #28
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Cool

Quote:

Nobody really believes they drive as well high as sober. Weed enhances lots of things. Operating machinery with little margin for error isn't one of those things. Not worth the risk.
i turn 62 this fall (if i make it, lol) and have been smoking since i was 11. anyone that ever got in a car with me will tell you i am a much safer driver when i have a buzz. part of that, no doubt, is that i am a type A personality son of a bitch when NOT buzzed. always in a hurry (get the fuck off of the road, you stupid bastard!) run through lights on yellow etc. burn one, and i am the old fucker in the slow lane that uses his signals & could care less if you pass me. just as not everyone can ride a unicycle or juggle, not everyone should drive high...a man has gotta know his limits.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:32 AM #29
stewart169

stewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Pantsoff View Post
I've been smoking n riding for over 25+ years. Never been in a wreck. Just dont drive n receive a bj at the same time, and you're gold

OP
I can vouch that it’s no biggie getting a hummer while driving. Those last few seconds can be tricky though.
stewart169 is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2019, 04:32 AM #30
Emperortaima
Namekian resident/farmer

Emperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'm 63 and have consumed weed regularly and heavily since I was 13. Went for years driving high and never had an accident or even a close call. I was young and stupid and wasn't giving much thought to the harm I could have caused. Come to think of it, I spent 5 years driving a cab in Boston at night and was high for most of that.

If I was involved in an accident while I was high and killed someone, I would never have been able to say it wasn't my fault. The fact is, driving doesn't take all of anybody's skill, concentration and reflexes. Especially when we're young, there's plenty extra for emergencies - sudden urgency, no problem, plenty of time to respond. As we age (and I mean starting around 40), hear and vision become less acute, reflexes and mental analysis takes longer. Weed does the same thing. Put them together and you may be in a dangerous place. Arguments that cannabis makes one a better driver are absurd. Arguments that half the drivers are high on opioids, anti-depressants, LSD or McDonald's milkshakes are beyond the point.

I can fully respect your perception towards this topic because with said variables that could be worrisome

But for the most part i would say majority of crashes are due to incompetence like imbeciles using phones while driving or even driving high on pharma DOPE or even when people around my area drive drunk.... shit...my grandmas boyfriend does it (ex considering she passed away in 2015) so many variables in play but imo if one cannot handle cannabis like theyre newbies to the high or stone from the smoke vape or medibles should indeed stay away from driving but i dont believe it applies to those who drive on cannabis comfortably with plenty of experience because cannabis makes those very people much more cautious while driving

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote