Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > HARVEST - How to dry properly

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
HARVEST - How to dry properly Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2019, 11:24 PM #21
I'mback

I'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
I find the dry in a box method interesting.

I simply dry in my tent, set at proper temp and RH. In the mean time back at the ranch, there is another grow underway (as soon as chop) in my small veg tent.

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is online now Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 12:48 AM #22
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I'm tempted to try the freezer method.
This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 01:47 AM #23
I'mback

I'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
I'm tempted to try the freezer method.
??? I need more convincing!

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Old 06-23-2019, 02:17 AM #24
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Ah.... they say once you try it, you never go back.

It MUST be frost free freezer. Put your bud in a cardboard box, leave it open, and your weed dries via sublimation

There's a great thread on it
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=186222

This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 04:03 AM #25
I'mback

Thanks I'll have a look

Old 06-23-2019, 09:04 AM #26
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
Easiest way is to leave the plant in the pot and stop watering it. Just sitting in a room for a couple or so weeks. Squeeze the flowers to see if they are dry but not crumbly and if good cut the buds off and trim a bit. Done.
yesum is online now Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 10:13 AM #27
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future

Cvh is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:10 PM #28
axle2u

axle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the rough
ok, so some good ideas, yes...

but, what is the general consensus...
leave roots attached, hang upside down as a whole...
(for a slower drying time)....OR just hack it off at the base of stalk

???

what do you prefer, and why....?

thanks a lot guys,

-axle b robot
axle2u is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 11:20 PM #29
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
try any of the methods mentioned except one of them....
See what works best for you...

Do not leave the rootball attached...

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:22 PM #30
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
Easiest way is to leave the plant in the pot and stop watering it. Just sitting in a room for a couple or so weeks. Squeeze the flowers to see if they are dry but not crumbly and if good cut the buds off and trim a bit. Done.
I actually forgot about a plant I was letting the seeds "ripen" on, and I just got to it today. The buds seem drier than I'd normally consider good, but holy crap did it smoke super smooth.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.