What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2019 Cherry Bomb

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Ok, sorry this is not Cherry Bomb, but I'm SOOO proud of my daughter I just had to show this pic of some seeds she's testing for me. She named the cross Couchdawg. It's a jam of mine and Steve of Potent Ponics (host of the Growing With Fishes podcast). The mother is PP's Flo x Chemdog, the father is my Feijoa Kush male. They're growing up in the Eugene OR area and reportedly smell amazing.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

Ok, sorry this is not Cherry Bomb, but I'm SOOO proud of my daughter I just had to show this pic of some seeds she's testing for me. She named the cross Couchdawg. It's a jam of mine and Steve of Potent Ponics (host of the Growing With Fishes podcast). The mother is PP's Flo x Chemdog, the father is my Feijoa Kush male. They're growing up in the Eugene OR area and reportedly smell amazing.

Two beautiful ladies together and I see why youre so proud.:good::tiphat:

grayeyes

As I mentioned in personal conversation, the breeding of a green female to a green male was done. Now waiting for her to finish. Can't wait to grow out some of those.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did give RM some seeds early on in my efforts to distribute Cherry Bomb, but IIRC he immediately turned around and hybridized it with some other strain he claimed was also named Cherry Bomb. Neither I nor anyone else had ever heard of the 'other' CB, and naturally most people wanted the real deal instead of the F1. When people questioned why he didn't offer the true IBL, which was at around F12-13 when I gave it to him, he claimed the seeds I gave him produced hermaphrodites. That was highly unlikely since I'd eliminated all hermies for a dozen generations or so of careful selection. Most people believed my story over his, and damage to his rep was the result. Beginner breeders often don't understand that truth is value.

axle2u

very nice thread mr g.....love it

so one question, where are the harvest pics....
lets see.....lol

im still growing CB myself, 2nd gen clones....
I have noted that in my 1st grow, I had 2 different types (perhaps phenos)
neither of which had viberant red pistils as shown in this thread, which leads me to believe that there are at least 3 different types of CB

my seeds too, from swami....original mr g stuff

last year, I pollenated a female CB at a secondary grow site
with a male red lebenense, to create my own very first hybrid
(didn't want to waste the only 1 red leb I had grow).....I have just started
to grow a few of my hybrids, they just babies...but I got 4 or 5 of them on the go
hopefully a couple will be female....im excited about that...
I also have another single red leb growing, from second source of seed...
hopefully that will be female too,.....id clone her good....lol

lets see some more pics -harvest....lol

-axle b robot

grayeyes

There is some variability as to flower color. I have seen white flowers, pinkish flowers and the red ones Mr. GG put up. I don't think these are different phenos but just variation in the genes. These I have are the '78- never hermie, evidence of Mr. GG's diligent work with them.

Another pheno has been hiding in there though. There is an all green pheno I am calling 7UP which has a lemon-lime taste instead of the cherry taste. Just started breeding 7Up so no seed samples available.

I truly don't understand why anyone, other than in desperation not to lose it, would hybridize this awesome strain.

axle2u

There is some variability as to flower color. I have seen white flowers, pinkish flowers and the red ones Mr. GG put up. I don't think these are different phenos but just variation in the genes. These I have are the '78- never hermie, evidence of Mr. GG's diligent work with them.

Another pheno has been hiding in there though. There is an all green pheno I am calling 7UP which has a lemon-lime taste instead of the cherry taste. Just started breeding 7Up so no seed samples available.

I truly don't understand why anyone, other than in desperation not to lose it, would hybridize this awesome strain.

I decided to try and at least get something from my 1 only surviving red leb which happened to be male, and I had several available females (clones -CB) strain at the time...
that was the primary idea...
secondary....curiosity

I will let you know the results......lol
im hoping for robust plants, full of buds....
which taste sweet, and smells even sweeter when burnt

-axle

therevverend

Veteran
I have a friend who loves this strain, smoked it many years ago and always talks about how wonderful the flavor and effects were. He's planning a grow in Hawaii, I'm curious how it would do in a more tropical environment as opposed to the longer, drier days of California. I'm also curious about the Kahuna x Cherry Bomb cross that's been around for quite a while. Do you think these strains would Veg and flower normally through the long season in Hawaii? Or would they 'Autoflower' like many hybrids do?

I'm also curious about when the Cherry Bomb in the pictures in this thread was harvested. Haven't seen solid dates for outdoor flowering times. I live around 46 degrees N lat. so everything finishes a couple weeks later then 'tropical' California.

grayeyes

I flipped mine in 33 Lat. on July 18th. Harvested on Sept. 9th. So about 9 weeks here. This was outdoors.

Hope that answered your question. You have always given me good info. Glad to pass some back.

axle2u

I flipped mine in 33 Lat. on July 18th. Harvested on Sept. 9th. So about 9 weeks here. This was outdoors.

Hope that answered your question. You have always given me good info. Glad to pass some back.

that's cool....

I can say I went 13 weeks -flower cycle (indoor-soil)
cherry bomb strain, mr greengenes

-axle

grayeyes

If you guys can wait a few generations I promise you that Mr. Greengenes genius will show up. Yes, Cherry Bomb is an undeniable piece of genius. Taste, bag appeal, the high; there is a reason why people clamor for this strain.

But my good friend is alas, colorblind. He could not see what I saw the first time I grew it.
There are red stems and green stems. Red has been worked frankly to perfection.

Green on the other hand, with the great lemon/lime taste and superb high, is another thing entirely I am so glad I found it.

People are encouraging me and I appreciate it. Such a legacy. Mr. GG, big kudos and write when you can.

axle2u

If you guys can wait a few generations I promise you that Mr. Greengenes genius will show up. Yes, Cherry Bomb is an undeniable piece of genius. Taste, bag appeal, the high; there is a reason why people clamor for this strain.

But my good friend is alas, colorblind. He could not see what I saw the first time I grew it.
There are red stems and green stems. Red has been worked frankly to perfection.

Green on the other hand, with the great lemon/lime taste and superb high, is another thing entirely I am so glad I found it.

People are encouraging me and I appreciate it. Such a legacy. Mr. GG, big kudos and write when you can.

^ very cool.........:tiphat:

El Timbo

Also, like to point out that when I began talking about it on OG in the early 2000's, the term open pollination was rarely (if ever) heard on a cannabis forum.

I remember your posts from those days - nice to see that you have released your strain.

RenaissanceBrah

Mr. Greengenes really cool to find this thread, was thinking of picking up some Cherry Bomb seeds to grow out soon.

Curious, how would you describe the effect? I think you mentioned it was like walking on pillows, but wondering about any more info if possible. How would it compare to a landrace Mexican's effects, for example?

grayeyes

Just re-found this post. I can tell you all the green variant of CB is amazing. I call it 7-UP because that is how it tastes. Quite similar high. I have grown it twice and will try again next year. My garden is currently growing a Malawi Gold that is in its 18th week and not ready yet.

Next year 7-Up for sure. Glad I try to pollinate almost everytime I grow. No seed buying.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
There has been some time now since the passing of Mr.Greenjeans. RIP brother

While I do have some of the original genetics of Cherry Bomb. They will be brought to life in my greenhouse this coming summer 2022. In keeping with the latest wishes of Mr.Greenjeans , they will be gifted to the cannabis community I believe to be trustworthy. I was asked that they not be sold and that's the way it shall be.

It's my absolute joy and honor to preserve these genetics and expressions through my fungal repositories organic growing. I will post pictures at an appropriate time later.
Peace farmerlion