What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mystery Liquidizer Ingredients, Product Comparison

Bobby Boucher

I didn't know until I looked it up just now, but yes, they do have a ceramic donut that goes on the xl.

I believe all the heads are interchangeable between the models, save for the little mini magnetic ones. Ive got a half dozen of those that need throwing away. One bunk charger seemed to kill them all in one fell swoop.

I can't speak as to whether the donut combusts everything as thoroughly as the 4 coil tip, though. That head really fries everything up all once.

FWIW, I paid $40 bucks for it at my local headshop, and if it is counterfeit.. it's still a great pen. Never had a pen stay so clean.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you know. Thanks again you guys for the tip.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I liked my Divine Tribe V3.0 and 3.5 but I don't care for the Quartz Quest. It's a little thick and takes too long to heat up. I use the Motobella Motar on my 510 and a Terp Pen for coil based. Can't wait to try the Evolve.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
FWIW, I paid $40 bucks for it at my local headshop, and if it is counterfeit.. it's still a great pen. Never had a pen stay so clean.

I don't really have a [quality] problem with knock-offs [not addressing moral issues with knock offs]. I bought a dozen DynaVap VapCap knockoffs from China and they were under $10 each instead of the $70 DynaVap charges.

The quality of the knock off was far better than the original. Less burrs. Better machining. The O-rings were cheaper, that's about it.

I had a Pax knock of when the first came out and it was a piece of shit. So, I guess it's a crap shoot.

Either way, for the price, I am excited to get it and try it.

Thanks again to the gang for the tips.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have a Sai with a Titanium bucket and I don't like it. It's too bulky, too heavy, takes too much to get heated up and I plain out don't like the taste of metal.

Plus, I generally like quartz better than metal.

I have heard they now make a quartz bucket for the Sai. That might be something I would try.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I like to make a thin flat piece of rosin and put it on the coils. I don’t think it’s a knock off but how would you tell. I use the small stash part in the bottom when I take it with me, which isn’t to often anymore... OP, sorry seemes we hijacked your thread...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, I received my Yocan yesterday and I am breaking it in.

Couple down sides compared to the Terp Pen. Loading the Yocan is a pain in the ass. No place to 'wipe' the rosin off your tool. With the Terp Pen, you just dip you tip into your rosin and give it a little twist. Or, better yet, just vape it straight off your glass rosin tool. I can't get the rosin off my tool and onto the coils.

Also, this fucker gets hot as hell. After a bunch of successive hits, the button way too hot for me to even hold it down. I definitely like the 'draw on demand' of the Terp Pen better. And, there is NO filling this Yocan after a session. You MUST wait for it to cool down before you can refill it. I tried to unscrew the lid after a session and burnt little lines in my fingers. LOL

Size is a little big but I am guessing the battery will last considerably longer than the Terp Pen. I have to re-charge my Terp Pen up to 3 times a day in heavy use. LOL

The coils seem to be a little over powered. If you hold down the button the entire hit, the rosin burns and tastes like shit. I find that pulsing the button works.

Also, I like being able to hold the Terp Pen at any angle. The Yocan looks like it should stay, pretty much, straight up when using to avoid spillage.

I am going to use it some more today and get past that learning curve.

As with all coil devices.... once the coils become 'seasoned' it's almost impossible to get a good flavor hit.

Still putting my Motobella Motar at the top of the list for rosin. A pure clean fresh hit off clean glass every time.

Monster fucking hits off the Yocan. With the air vent open about half way, I can get a cloud that would fill the room. LOL

How do you guys fill yours? The instructional video said to place it on the white square between the coils.

Thanks again for the tips. Overall, a pretty nice vape for rosin.

EDIT: Damn, this fucker is a MONSTER hitter. LMAO

DOUBLE EDIT: My apologies to the OP for dragging his thread off topic.

Bobby Boucher

Yeah, I place it on the square, and yeah, I pulse. I haven’t even tried hitting it hard enough to experience a hot hit. I choked off of my first baby hit, and have been baby hitting it since.

I’ve also never hit it in such quick succession that it became hot to the touch, even when I pass it around a circle, people seem to be discouraged from hitting the hell out of it after the watching the first guy choke to death. Just baby taps.

I’ve also never smoked it dry. I’ve noticed that if I hit my pens dry, even once, that they never taste quite the same. 1 big dab = 2 baby hits, tops. My coils look like they did out the box, just with a nice piss yellow coating. Clean clean clean. 0 black or brown. All yellow and silver.

I mainly stick to my bee-nails rig, though. It’s been a trooper. It survived the gnarliest spill I’ve ever seen.. good glass. Mucho recommendo. This thing has been running almost 24/7 for 2-3 years.

Attachments

• 43228135-5EC5-4EC0-B6EA-04142931085E.jpg
    43228135-5EC5-4EC0-B6EA-04142931085E.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 26

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yeah, you're right. At the end of the bowl, the quartz cleaned right up and they are crystal clear again. Pretty cool.

This thing is a monster. Thanks again [all of you] for the recommendations. I am continually amazed at how smooth these monster clouds can be. I am playing with the air flow and it is very flexible.

I also discovered you can (while it's hot) put a paper clip (or standard dab tool) through the little hole in the lid and unscrew it for inspection.

Awesome vape. We'll see how she holds up under my use/abuse. LOL

Peace

Bobby Boucher

Whenever I show somebody how I load my pen, it usually leaves them facepalming. Obvious as hell, but common sense can get pretty elusive when you are itchin for a fix.

If you are working with a sappy material.. just.. melt it off of your scraper onto the coils. Hold a flames tip to your scraper an inch or so away from your dab for a second of two. Wait 2-3 seconds for the heat to transfer while centering the dab over the coils. Et viola. Clean effortless accurate transfer.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
That might be too much effort for me. Anything that requires 2 hands is out. LOL However, what a great idea to add a small amount of current and a squeeze switch.

So, you scoop up your dab and when you put it on your coils, squeeze the switch and the tip heats up enough to drop the rosin off the end. Release the switch and it cools. A tiny AAA battery would power that forever...... Hmmmmm?

Bobby Boucher

Tungsten scraper at the end of a cheap e-cig battery? I'll give it a shot. I've got a half dozen cheap little batteries laying around.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
How about a skinny cheap soldering pen?

Also we may have talked you into the Yocan, but y'all talked me into the Quad. I know it's gotta be great if the Evolves are so good.

Bobby Boucher

The little mini wireless battery powered soldering irons are 100 bucks. They are equipped with far more goodies inside there than one would need to melt a chunk of dab off the tiny surface of a scraper.

I’m no engineer, but I would think it’d be as easy as wrapping a thin wire of tungsten from an ecig battery around the base of a scraper fit with 510 threads. Or even tacking a small end of a thin scraper onto the heating element of a usb cigarette lighter.

I might buy a mini soldering pen anyways, just to have.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I make a little flat piece of rosin and lay it on the coils and flatten it with the tool. It does get a little warm if you take a few hits in a row, but as you said it gives you a monster hit if you want that much. I have had mine for a few months and use it everyday...