Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Do You Have Photos of Regular or Russet/Broad/Hemp Mites and/or Plant Damage?

Thread Title Search
Do You Have Photos of Regular or Russet/Broad/Hemp Mites and/or Plant Damage? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2019, 05:21 PM #1
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Do You Have Photos of Regular or Russet/Broad/Hemp Mites and/or Plant Damage?

Hey,

I'm putting together a spider mite thread and am looking for photo submissions. I've received mites from many growers over the years, but apparently did not take photos before I eliminated them.

Have you had spider mites? two-spotted or otherwise? Have photos of russet/broad mites in full glory? Want credit as the photographer?

I would really appreciate donations of any clear photos you have. I can add your name to the photos, or whatever info you like, before they're posted up.

Thank you
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2019, 02:39 AM #2
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond repute
Heres a two spotted spider mite

This is russet mite damage from a big outdoor medical grow that was filthy with them.

In that last one I'm not sure, but I think the round things are probably eggs
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:02 PM #3
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Thanks so much.

Did you take the photos? What credits should be attached with them?

Old 02-22-2019, 02:27 AM #4
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, if you're publishing them for money then I want all of it, otherwise I don't really care all that much to advertise that I get vermin in my garden. I guess maybe they'e somewhat appealing photos if you're the type thats into horror movies, but thats not me, they made my stomach turn a little when I first saw them.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:56 AM #5
Douglas.Curtis

I'm publishing it because I'm tired of repetition. The subject of spider mites comes up SO often it's ridiculous. There's this perception out there mites are extremely awful, and they're not.

So, I want a post I can point people to and save myself some carpal tunnel. It will probably get a LOT of traffic, so it's up to you whether you want credit or not. hehehehe

Old 02-22-2019, 05:14 AM #6
BombBudPuffa

BombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I'm publishing it because I'm tired of repetition. The subject of spider mites comes up SO often it's ridiculous. There's this perception out there mites are extremely awful, and they're not.

So, I want a post I can point people to and save myself some carpal tunnel. It will probably get a LOT of traffic, so it's up to you whether you want credit or not. hehehehe
Speak for yourself buddy...I hate those fuckers. Spider mites and powdery mildew are my arch nemesis.
BombBudPuffa is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:56 PM #7
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombBudPuffa View Post
Speak for yourself buddy...I hate those fuckers. Spider mites and powdery mildew are my arch nemesis.
I'll be outlining the methods I use, and have used successfully for 10 years. I've also been researching the most cost effective methods for large numbers of plants, including outdoor operations.

I should be able to explain everything clearly enough. Expect less stress in the future.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:40 PM #8
Breadwizard

Breadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really nice
I've got a persistent red spider mite problem which I'm constantly trying to keep at bay, I'll pull out the loupe and get some photos tonight to add.

I also hate the fuckers, and the little dots they leave on my leaves.
Breadwizard is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:42 PM #9
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadwizard View Post
I've got a persistent red spider mite problem which I'm constantly trying to keep at bay, I'll pull out the loupe and get some photos tonight to add.

I also hate the fuckers, and the little dots they leave on my leaves.
Greatly appreciated. Crazy how they seem to multiply out of thin air. Sheesh.

FWIW, I've received mites from growers with 'resistant' mites several times. Mites they were unable to eradicate with multiple methods over many years. One fellow shut down after 10 years of constantly battling mites.

They did not survive my methods. In fact, the 'resistant' mites showed any signs of special resistance at all.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:46 PM #10
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant future
Hi Douglas!

Broad /cyclamin mites

Syd Barrett is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.