What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
five more plants harvested,just the cherry cookies and sunset sherbet left,they have at least a week left but i got the left side cleaned and reloaded...ended up with a bunch of small plants this time so i loaded 8 into a 2x3 tray...4 more along side for 12 plants total...the other side will just get 6 big plants this time...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so it looks like i will be adding three of the far red initiator strips to the setup soon...i'm told they come on for like 15 minutes at lights off and that's enough to trigger whatever mystical plant stuff they are designed to stimulate...

at some point i will get the rspec v2 panels or whatever the new new is at that point...the plan is to have enough led panels for two 4x8 areas in flower and enough leds for veg as well so next summer i can run all led...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
They come on during the dark period? They do have v3s out, but I guess they are more expensive, and not much more efficient. Pretty lame, too, that the price of the older ones doesn't go down that much when they come out with a new version. At least we're not talking Electric Sky bucks.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm not 100% sure but maybe they just come on during the last part of the lights on cycle...joe said they have their own internal timer dealy but i will find out soon enough...
yeah,getting a pro bro deal really helps...basically i get the kit price but get assembled lamps...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
That's awesome! I was kinda butt-hurt from the up front cost, but they (HLG) really are excellent fixtures. They have already paid for themselves about 3-4x in the 4 months I've had them. Big rock solid nugs:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah,i'm looking at picking up a few more led lights and tents to go along with them,i would love to have a 2x4 tent/led combo and another 4x4 tent with another 600w rspec panel so i can have a space to do some 30-40 gallon smart pot plants vegged into a true scrog and flowered and try and hit the 2lb plant mark...

nickman

Veteran
nope,one plant,one light,2 pounds...

That’s a tall order...!!!...
But I’d love to see you do it...!!!...

Few comments: that wedding cake looks fabulous unc...
Also
I can really see the resemblance in the dark fan
leaves on that sunset Sherbert...

I’m running Sherbert Ix x Biker Kush and when a couple got rootbound the fan leaves got crinkled like that...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've come close to 2lb plants under a 1000w hps a few times,but each time i managed to snap off one of the 4 main branches moving the plant from veg to flower and thus lost 25% of the plants production and still hit 26oz... 2lbs might be a bit lofty a goal for a 600w led panel but i think it could be done with a couple of the sabre strips in a tent as well...

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
i've come close to 2lb plants under a 1000w hps a few times,but each time i managed to snap off one of the 4 main branches moving the plant from veg to flower and thus lost 25% of the plants production and still hit 26oz... 2lbs might be a bit lofty a goal for a 600w led panel but i think it could be done with a couple of the sabre strips in a tent as well...

Dude I love my sabers! The mixed spectrum of hps and led, along with the extra 480w really took my plants to the next level. :woohoo: They increased my yields to up to 2oz per plant.

mr.brunch

Veteran

A 2lb plant ... I almost dropped my popcorn...
as nickman says, pulling for ya all the way :tiphat:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just an idle dream right now as i would need another grand in leds and whatnot to do it...i do have genetics that could pull that sort of weight...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I've yet to get a full elbow from any single indoor grow. One day.... I've only ever used 600w or less, though. I have a feeling the L.E.Ds will get me there, once dialed in with some yielders.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got the next batch trimmed up...

up to 805 grams for this run so far and still have 4 plants to take down...it's going to be real close to the 1 gpw mark...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
end of week 11 now...and tomorrow will be 1 week for the left side and two plants on the right...

cherry cookies and sunset are just about done...gonna give them 4ish more days,maybe until next week...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so i was just told the hlg panels are 550 v1's so they only draw 500w so i'm gonna do better than a gram per watt for sure!