Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Hydro Grow LEDs > Penetrator Quantum - R&D For a New Era in Lighting

Thread Title Search
Penetrator Quantum - R&D For a New Era in Lighting Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2019, 11:42 PM #31
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

HydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
You wanna know what I find off putting? You are toting around like some revolutionary claiming credit for public released research that has been available for much longer than 10 years...
And yet in the past decade not a single company, researcher, PhD or DIY builder has ever created a light that has bested ours in any side-by-side. So if what I'm doing isn't revolutionary, why is it we've beaten every competitor we've ever gone up against? Why have we done at least 2x the GPW of HID since 2009? Or 3-4X the GPW of competing LED fixtures? I am trotting around like the most counterfeited grow light producer in the world, because I am. And my tech wouldn't be the most counterfeited if it wasn't the best.

I created the world's first PPFD charts. I was the one who made umol/m2/sec an industry-standard for grow lights (everyone else used Lumens). I was the first to begin using 740nm and 525nm. I was the first to balance ratios on the quantum level. The first to use a 60 degree lens. The first to modularize grow lights. The first to create a duplicable light engine. The first to release a 6-band spectrum. And the list goes on and on. I relied on research published by other entities, loads of them. I used that research along with my own R&D to develop a product that no one has ever beaten. Even to this day our lights are beating HLG in a side-by-side and soon will be beating CMH in more. You fail to realize that over half the information you have posted in your spectrum thread, is regurgitated information that I shared on this same forum a decade ago. But I actually did something with everything I learned - I made the world's #1 performing grow light. And now I'm about to beat my own best yet again, because no one has ever bested me.

Completed Penetrator LED Grow Journals

Email: Wholesale@hydrogrowled.com

Phone: 954-213-6763

Hours: Monday through Friday, 12pm - 5pm EST
HydroGrowLeds is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:12 PM #32
Big Perm

Big Perm has disabled reputation
Cool I found it! Looking forward to this.
Big Perm is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2019, 12:50 PM #33
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Why then you dont have UVB added to those light??

Also price is pretty heavy compared to low wattage of fixtures... like yield goes
4 X of HPS and LED fixture also goes under price of 4 X other LED brands in industry..

Cant swallow those specter is best.. Sun is not pink when it shines..

closest colour to Sun specter have plasma fixtures,and they shine great natural light
that is full specter...

think i buy plasma rather,just look on this specter,LED is lot behind it..

https://gavita.com/retail/app/upload...sheet-EU-1.pdf
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2019, 06:33 PM #34
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

HydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Star View Post
Why then you dont have UVB added to those light??
Can you present me several scientific studies that conclude the optimal amount of UVB for cannabis per square meter? A test that shows where the cutoff between higher THC and lower yields/slower growth begins? Or one that demonstrates exactly how much THC is gained by using UVB opposed to none?

UVB is harmful to human eyes. It is also harmful to plants. It can elicit a specific response if used in appropriate amounts, but over those amounts will cause lowered yields and slower growth (plus damage to human eyes). So if you want to experiment with UVB I suggest buying some CFL style bulbs. Our spectrum has been lab-proven to increase THC/CBD as much as double compared to the same strain grown under HPS. We accomplish this with the aid of 740nm far-red, which has no detrimental effects to humans or plants.

Quote:
Also price is pretty heavy compared to low wattage of fixtures... like yield goes
4 X of HPS and LED fixture also goes under price of 4 X other LED brands in industry..
You're only looking at one side of the equation... You're not looking at the ROI or how much our lights pay you back over time in additional yields and electrical savings.

Example:

1lbs of cannabis (wholesale) = $1800 USD

1000W HPS costing $300 produces 1lbs of Cannabis

560W of LED costing $1600 produces 1.5lbs of Cannabis.

A 1000W HPS consumes about 1150W of power, over 2 months on 12/12 at $0.11 per kWh this comes to $92 in electric. 560W of LED is $45.

Our LED light costs $1300 more than HPS. It saves about $47 every grow in electricity and delivers an extra $900 in yield on every harvest (3 months). That's $947 in combined savings/additional profits every 3 months without factoring in veg or AC savings.

After the first harvest with each light, the LED only cost you $353 more when you subtract the savings and additional profits. After the second harvest the LED has paid you an extra $594 that the HID did not. After the first year the LED has given you an extra $2,488 over it's higher investment cost in additional profits and electrical savings.

Every year thereafter our LED puts an extra $3788 back in your pocket over running that HID (or plasma). So the price is nothing compared to how much our lights pay you back over time.

Quote:
Cant swallow those specter is best.. Sun is not pink when it shines..

closest colour to Sun specter have plasma fixtures,and they shine great natural light
that is full specter...

think i buy plasma rather,just look on this specter,LED is lot behind it..
The sun is not a grow light, it's a star. Whoever designed the Universe did not look at the sun and say "I'm designing this solely for plant growth". Thus plants have evolved to filter out wavelengths they don't need/use because sunlight is NOT designed for them. But if you want to buy a plasma light because it's like the sun, that's your choice. Our lights have bested every type of "white" light there is, regardless of how close it is to replicating sunlight. So if you want to keep growing with something that we've beat over and over again, that's your choice. But the only one you're hurting at the end is your plants/yield.

Last edited by HydroGrowLeds; 05-19-2019 at 06:47 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:56 PM #35
Ibechillin
Research Enthusiast

Ibechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant future
Spectrum is half as important as proper canopy management to maintain even light distribution over the area you are growing in. Dog Star is another accomplished ("mythical unicorn") grower who has also learned this (with archaic HPS in organic soil even!):

Quote:
Made with Gavita 3 lb+,last run,from clones that are only 10 days vegged,
strains are Silver Haze elite cut,Amnesia Haze elite cut,Fake GG#4,
16 plants in organic soil,organic setup,runned Gavita on 1150W except last two weeks
go dimmed.

Main thing was in defoliation,that was raise mine yield in amazing way,

lot more buds i got than before when i didnt defoliate.
Quote:
Gavita 1000 DE i grow under 215 cm ceiling (7 ft) ,5x5 tent,its perfect
for this space.. for now record in one run is 1800 grams with just
15 days of vegetation
.. if i veg for longer they go over a hood..
vegetation under Gavita gives some huge rates of growth..

trick is also to shape canopy in stadium shape or bowl shape
for better yields
And like I mentioned earlier in this thread and as you just saw in Mr. sparkle's cabinet grow ~2 gram per watt has been achieved with "less efficient white led".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post
For almost 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality, not to escape from it...
Playing around outdoors again (current grow 2019 starts on post #75):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271

Science Of Lighting & Plant Reactions (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Pot Size, Root system and maximizing growth thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

Ibechillin is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:07 PM #36
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud of
You lost me at $1600.

We've got members here building each other DIY samsung fixtures at cost out of the goodness of their hearts.

These components are not expensive. The fixtures are not hard to build. There are diy instructionals all over the place.

$1600.. Whats your ROI on one of these units, Mr. Open Book? You know, since we are on the topic..
Bobby Boucher is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:11 PM #37
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

Quote:
Spectrum is half as important as proper canopy management to maintain even light distribution over the area your are growing in. Dog Star is another accomplished ("mythical unicorn") grower who has also learned this:
If even PPFD and therefore a more even canopy were twice as important as spectrum, we would never have beat HID in side-by-sides, nor would we currently be beating HLG. Both HLG and HID beat us on even light distribution and overall PAR average, and yet we beat them on growth and yield. My comments are based on real-life side-by-side test results, not a theoretical analysis of data.

Quote:
And like I mentioned earlier in this thread and as you just saw in Mr. sparkle's cabinet grow ~2 gram per watt has been achieved with "less efficient white led".
And his results are nowhere near the norm on here. If they were I wouldn't have offered him lights. He has a lot of skill as a grower. If he can do 2gpw with those lights, he should be able to achieve 3gpw with our lights. Spectrum is king.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:21 PM #38
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
You lost me at $1600.

We've got members here building each other DIY samsung fixtures at cost out of the goodness of their hearts.

These components are not expensive. The fixtures are not hard to build. There are diy instructionals all over the place.

$1600.. Whats your ROI on one of these units, Mr. Open Book? You know, since we are on the topic..
I just bought a Samsung panel with 300+ LEDs and red supplementation diodes for $45 shipped with a heat sink... That crap is stupid cheap to make. Our current lights are far more expensive to manufacture. Not only are mono LEDs in red/FR wavelengths twice the cost of white LEDs, but they require more cooling (fans), better heat sinks and thermal pads. We also use a lens and a casing to our products. We have a lot more components and a much higher cost to build than generic, cheap samsung panels, most of which don't even use heat sinks...

But that's also why we are beating those Samsung panels in a side-by-side at this very moment against the most popular Samsung light right now - HLG. And we are beating their unreleased Trinity model coming out in July. So if you like mediocrity keep using Samsung. If you like lower yields and slower growth with lesser finished quality, grow with Samsung. If all you care about is price (not performance, yield or quality) grow with Samsung. But if you care at all about your plants, you'll buy our lights regardless of the cost, because our lights will pay you back 10 fold in the time you own them. Our lights are also upgradeable, which adds to their value over competing brands.

But if you notice, this thread is about a new light we are developing that is similar to these Samsung panels, but using wavelengths that are actually designed for plants. 0.5W LEDs are much cheaper than the 3W high power we currently use. The goal for our new 150W panel is to have a price point around $299 retail. Currently our 150W panel runs $449. So we are shooting for a 50% price reduction based on the fact it's a hell of a lot cheaper to build a light that consists of nothing more than a power supply, heat sink, PCB and some SMD LEDs.

As per our current lights, I already provided an example ROI in my previous post. No other light pays you back more over time than Hydro Grow.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:24 PM #39
Ibechillin
Research Enthusiast

Ibechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant future
Notice the similarities between Mr. Sparkle's solstrip x2 led strips build and Samsung led strips? TONS OF DIODES SPREAD OVER THE ENTIRE CANOPY AREA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post
For almost 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality, not to escape from it...
Playing around outdoors again (current grow 2019 starts on post #75):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271

Science Of Lighting & Plant Reactions (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Pot Size, Root system and maximizing growth thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

Ibechillin is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2019, 07:35 PM #40
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud ofBobby Boucher has much to be proud of
I didn't ask about my return on investment, I asked about yours. Not that I'm expecting a straight answer.. but hey.. it's rude to talk about money, isn't it? It's also a bit unseemly to charge someone that kind of premium because "selling pot is profitable".

What we choose to do with your light should have nothing to do with your profit margin. What you do is separate from what we do. You buy $500 of components (doubted), you spend a couple hours soldering it together, and then what.. you want 1600 dollars for your light (before tax) because of the risks WE take?

Selling magic beans over here..
Bobby Boucher is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.