Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Hydro Grow LEDs > Penetrator Quantum - R&D For a New Era in Lighting

Thread Title Search
Penetrator Quantum - R&D For a New Era in Lighting Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2019, 06:41 AM #331
Hookahhead

Hookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really nice
Awesome thanks, just the kind of info I was looking for! Do you happen to know the name of that study the graph came from?
Hookahhead is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2019, 07:47 AM #332
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
I do 11/13 for electricity cost and to cause more hormone buildup via darkness

Old 06-25-2019, 08:58 AM #333
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

HydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of lightHydroGrowLeds is a glorious beacon of light
Both of you presented an awesome conversation topic. In 10 years of doing this you've presented something in a way I hadn't thought of before. Very cool chart. I think more people should start trying to see how many hours of light you can bloom cannabis with successfully. Those are some pretty big gains for an extra hour of light a day! I'll have to share this idea with a few commercial clients.

Completed Penetrator LED Grow Journals

Email: Wholesale@hydrogrowled.com

Phone: 954-213-6763

Hours: Monday through Friday, 12pm - 5pm EST
HydroGrowLeds is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:14 PM #334
SuperBadGrower

SuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahhead View Post
Awesome thanks, just the kind of info I was looking for! Do you happen to know the name of that study the graph came from?
Sure bud, here you go:

https://extractionmagazine.com/wp-co...MACEUTICAL.pdf
(In case the link dies in the future; THE PROPAGATION, CHARACTERISATION AND OPTIMISATION OF CANNABIS SATIVA L AS A PHYTOPHARMACEUTICAL (Potter 2009))

It's a long one, but just CTRL+F for "5.13." and you arrive the relevant chapter with the second result

The whole thing is a great read

edit: I can point to a possible criticism; namely that the light intensity in their experiment is not nearly at typical indoor levels. Who's to say the increase is the same at "pushing it" levels of light? Anyway, in my own timelapse I can see that with 13/11 at about 700 PPFD w/o CO2 the plants don't start to droop for sleep until the very end of the light cycle, which tells me the extra time is not wasted.

The reason I started with 13/11 is because I looked at some sunrise/sunset information of different places in the world. I'm surprised people even stick to 12/12, when they go to such extremes to increase yields in other ways.
Also there are non-cannabis plant studies which show that a lower light intensity* over a longer photoperiod gives better results than higher light intensity* in a shorter photoperiod. (obviously equal DLI in the end)

Last edited by SuperBadGrower; 06-26-2019 at 02:09 AM..
SuperBadGrower is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:30 PM #335
Kree73

Kree73 is just really niceKree73 is just really niceKree73 is just really niceKree73 is just really niceKree73 is just really niceKree73 is just really niceKree73 is just really niceKree73 is just really niceKree73 is just really nice
So I have been busy, tinkering with theses led down lights.
I managed to make a 3' x 3' x 4' box with 14 x 345 Lm at 2700k.
No more than 1' away from each plant. It was vegging for about 5 days . I decided to tear it down and included them in with the 400w sodium .
They have been in There for a few days now . I know it's no way to compare but with months between the flowering ones and vegging ones it seemed futile having the Led's in that make-shift box.

So I will re purposes the fluorescents I acquired for the micro grow ( veg more likely ). I still have one more panel to put in the room .

Some pics so far.
( the box )

( the box again )

( inside the room one panel can be seen and some pics of the ladies doing there thing)
Kree73 is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2019, 09:32 PM #336
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
Lost in a sog presented this to me a few weeks ago,,,

He said if you use a technique to get the plants to sleep quicker,, you can actually have the lights on for longer than 12 12

Old 06-25-2019, 10:46 PM #337
Rab.C

I think sonic said this years ago if you flower on 13/11 you get a bigger yield

Old 06-25-2019, 11:02 PM #338
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab.C View Post
I think sonic said this years ago if you flower on 13/11 you get a bigger yield
I haven't tried it so I have no hard data...
I always heard 13 dark 11 light would flower faster, but less yield.
CannaRed is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:19 PM #339
Rab.C

i was told the extra 1 hour of lights on made yield bigger.i will have too try it out

Old 06-25-2019, 11:56 PM #340
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab.C View Post
i was told the extra 1 hour of lights on made yield bigger.i will have too try it out
Sorry, I might have worded that wrong.

I have always heard that blooming with 13 hours of darkness gave a smaller yield, but would finish flowering earlier than 12 hours of darkness.
CannaRed is online now Quote