Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Thread Title Search
Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2019, 08:50 PM #21
Rocky Mtn Squid
EL CID SQUID

Rocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivor
Angry

I attended a large cannabis expo a couple of months ago. A group of us went for lunch next to the pavilion hall. One dude that was with us - a major player in the cannabis industry - starting bragging to me that he had patented 25 different seed strains.

I nearly chocked on my burger when he said this. I looked at him, and asked how the hell he could do this. I also inquired if he had bred any of these seeds strains that he "allegedly" patented.

He shrugged and smiled, then answered no. He then explained that he had a genetics lab sequence and verify the DNA, hired a lawyer, who then went to the patent office and paid the $25K fee to register a patent.

25x25= $625,000.

I looked at him and asked if had ever worked for Monsanto. He didn't like that jibe, but continued to brag about it. I felt like punching him in the face, but somehow kept my composure.

The smell of money seems to be bringing out some nefarious low life bottom feeders in the newly emerging cannabis industry.

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:00 PM #22
Thcvhunter

Thcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud ofThcvhunter has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn Squid View Post
I attended a large cannabis expo a couple of months ago. A group of us went for lunch next to the pavilion hall. One dude that was with us - a major player in the cannabis industry - starting bragging to me that he had patented 25 different seed strains.

I nearly chocked on my burger when he said this. I looked at him, and asked how the hell he could do this. I also inquired if he had bred any of these seeds strains that he "allegedly" patented.

He shrugged and smiled, then answered no. He then explained that had a genetics lab sequence and verify the DNA, hired a lawyer, who then went to the patent office and paid the $25K fee to register a patent.

25x25= $625,000.

I looked at him and asked if had ever worked for Monsanto. He didn't like that jibe, but continued to brag about it. I felt like punching him in the face, but somehow kept my composure.

The smell of money seems to be bringing out some nefarious low life bottom feeders in the newly emerging cannabis industry.

RMS

That sounds exactly like Steve Fuhr.
Former bomb-maker for the IRA and big guy in South Boston.
Crazy that the DEA gave him a license.
Patented a few of my strains.

Im curious if he and Badger still look over their shoulders
Thcvhunter is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 09:07 PM #23
iBogart

iBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

He shrugged and smiled, then answered no. He then explained that had a genetics lab sequence and verify the DNA, hired a lawyer, who then went to the patent office and paid the $25K fee to register a patent.

25x25= $625,000.

RMS

625k seems hardly a low life bottom feeder, or perhaps I need to take a harder look at my life.
iBogart is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:43 PM #24
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

25x25= $625,000.

RMS

Greed! the disease that has plagued men from the dawn of time.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:51 PM #25
geneva_sativa

geneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBogart View Post
625k seems hardly a low life bottom feeder, or perhaps I need to take a harder look at my life.
seems exactly a lowlife bottom feeder,,, having lots of money often helps decide that, one won't be " taking the high road "
geneva_sativa is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 10:15 PM #26
Drewsif

Drewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of light
You bunch of conspiracy nuts.. Next you're going to be claiming there was a grower collecting genetics from and doing research under the DEA in the 80s.
Drewsif is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:42 PM #27
Rocky Mtn Squid
EL CID SQUID

Rocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivor
Lightbulb Show Me The Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Greed! the disease that has plagued men from the dawn of time.
Network - Money speech

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

"We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bye-laws of business. The world is a business, Mr Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime."

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 11:03 PM #28
iBogart

iBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsif View Post
You bunch of conspiracy nuts.. Next you're going to be claiming there was a grower collecting genetics from and doing research under the DEA in the 80s.
This isn't conspiracy theory, this is facts coming from horses mouth. The CEO of Phylos straight said his company has more dna on the cannabis plant than any other company and is positioned to be acquired by big Ag.
iBogart is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 11:28 PM #29
mack 10

mack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond reputemack 10 has a reputation beyond repute
who are the breeders working with them.

Are Phylos really going to do everyone dirty?

and where'nt we told, over and over that
that would never happen?

man im glad i didnt send any samples...

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2019, 12:15 AM #30
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBogart View Post
This isn't conspiracy theory, this is facts coming from horses mouth. The CEO of Phylos straight said his company has more dna on the cannabis plant than any other company and is positioned to be acquired by big Ag.
I’m pretty sure the comment was a reference to David Watson.
MJPassion is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.