Originally Posted by 40degsouth
Haliphites are cool, salt loving plants and they need it. Purslane is one!! I thought you were touching on it, sneakily droping the microphone.
My thoughts are that in a "perfect" system you can recycle all outputs but it's a bit like perpetual motion, it's got to slow down at some point.
I used to recycle all my materials but last year l intoduced a pathogen into my r&d with a green manure crop so now l can't. I learnt a lot about bio security after that.
You indoor guys are like crazy wizards mixing up potions and concoctions, making the sun go up and down..
Those aphids were probably worshiping you as their god bringing in more and more followers and sacrificing cannibis plants to their daity??
mwaahahahaaa!!! Don’t encourage me.
No I didn’t realize that about Purslane that makes me want to get more of it going as there is some salt in the volcanic ash I occasionally apply..
I use the canna mulch at early or mid stretch so there’s a ready supply of cannabis balanced nutrients coming into budset.
I don’t think the exudates are altering anything but soil I just think weed will steal some if they’re there and I’m cool with my plants begging borrowing OR stealing to get ahead. Mycorrhizae could also facilitate transfer among host plants... there is amazing shit being proven out in the forests of the world and I’m optimistic that cannabis has some abilities to “trade” nutrition through mycorrhizal networks.
I’m aware of B toxicity and am using it in very small amounts on large soil volume with intense biological activity and over an extended period of peak demand... The cover crops and biota are good indicators of any toxic conditions building up and I run at 26C with 30% or lower humidity so there’s lots of water moving through the soil to flush it through as soon as I stop application.. I was really worried about it too before even buying Borax because I don’t want to kill my organic thing with chems and because it’s easy to fuck these things up... I’m hoping my plan will continue working but as I said earlier I do need to get real soil numbers sometime.
I doubt I’ll have confidence to keep adding B more than a couple cycles in a row before leaving it out for a few. So far I’m halfway through second cycle like this and it’s looking pretty good... next run will need considering..