You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > The YukonKronicle

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
The YukonKronicle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2019, 08:46 PM #21
40degsouth

40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about
I think you're drawing a long bow hoping the exudates produced from the purslane will genetically alter the chemistry to induce the roots to update?? Or have l taken that the wrong way??
40degsouth is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 08:49 PM #22
40degsouth

40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about
Uptake

Old 04-14-2019, 09:08 PM #23
40degsouth

Haliphites are cool, salt loving plants and they need it. Purslane is one!! I thought you were touching on it, sneakily droping the microphone.
My thoughts are that in a "perfect" system you can recycle all outputs but it's a bit like perpetual motion, it's got to slow down at some point.
I used to recycle all my materials but last year l intoduced a pathogen into my r&d with a green manure crop so now l can't. I learnt a lot about bio security after that.
You indoor guys are like crazy wizards mixing up potions and concoctions, making the sun go up and down..
Those aphids were probably worshiping you as their god bringing in more and more followers and sacrificing cannibis plants to their daity??
Cheers 40

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:22 PM #24
40degsouth

Im pretty sure boron can become very toxic very quickly. From memory, worms won't live in a soil with elevated levels. I think it probably irritates their skin or guts.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:34 PM #25
YukonKronic

YukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to behold
Bromes biggest benefit was that it’s convenient
There was a bag of seed kicking around so I used some.
Truthfully it’s purpose is the deep roots and ability to host beneficial mycorrhizal fungi.
I noticed my cannabis plants were creating roots that only penetrate about 10 inches down. Upon researching I found that clones do not form deep reaching tap roots instead focusing on laterally growing root systems.
This meant the lower reaches of my soil were not much utilized creating a need for something else to “mine” those soils and cycle their nutrients up to the more active layers.

Brome. It’s there. You know your lazy.. juuust doooo iiiit.

I'm NOT crazy.... it's just I've been smoking this fuckn jungle
trip shit fer weeks now...

The YukonKronicle
YukonKronic is online now Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 09:43 PM #26
YukonKronic

YukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40degsouth View Post
Haliphites are cool, salt loving plants and they need it. Purslane is one!! I thought you were touching on it, sneakily droping the microphone.
My thoughts are that in a "perfect" system you can recycle all outputs but it's a bit like perpetual motion, it's got to slow down at some point.
I used to recycle all my materials but last year l intoduced a pathogen into my r&d with a green manure crop so now l can't. I learnt a lot about bio security after that.
You indoor guys are like crazy wizards mixing up potions and concoctions, making the sun go up and down..
Those aphids were probably worshiping you as their god bringing in more and more followers and sacrificing cannibis plants to their daity??
Cheers 40
mwaahahahaaa!!! Don’t encourage me.

No I didn’t realize that about Purslane that makes me want to get more of it going as there is some salt in the volcanic ash I occasionally apply..
I use the canna mulch at early or mid stretch so there’s a ready supply of cannabis balanced nutrients coming into budset.
I don’t think the exudates are altering anything but soil I just think weed will steal some if they’re there and I’m cool with my plants begging borrowing OR stealing to get ahead. Mycorrhizae could also facilitate transfer among host plants... there is amazing shit being proven out in the forests of the world and I’m optimistic that cannabis has some abilities to “trade” nutrition through mycorrhizal networks.

I’m aware of B toxicity and am using it in very small amounts on large soil volume with intense biological activity and over an extended period of peak demand... The cover crops and biota are good indicators of any toxic conditions building up and I run at 26C with 30% or lower humidity so there’s lots of water moving through the soil to flush it through as soon as I stop application.. I was really worried about it too before even buying Borax because I don’t want to kill my organic thing with chems and because it’s easy to fuck these things up... I’m hoping my plan will continue working but as I said earlier I do need to get real soil numbers sometime.
I doubt I’ll have confidence to keep adding B more than a couple cycles in a row before leaving it out for a few. So far I’m halfway through second cycle like this and it’s looking pretty good... next run will need considering..

The YukonKronicle

Last edited by YukonKronic; 04-15-2019 at 12:46 AM..

Old 04-14-2019, 09:50 PM #27
40degsouth

Preaching to the converted mate!!
What's heavier, an acher of hemp or an acher of forest!!
Haliphites can be eaten but you need to cook them first. They're not good for gout but hold all the nutrients......a bit like kelp.... wink, wink.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:55 PM #28
40degsouth

I've trialed straight sea water as a fertiliser and fungicide this year, good results.
Companion planting, just got to work out which plants.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:32 PM #29
40degsouth

I parked my broom in the corner. It's a noxious weed here.
I would've thought your plants would use the whole container?? How big is it??
The benefits you've gained with fungal development might not be worth it with the competition??

Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 AM #30
YukonKronic

It’s about a square meter but also 15 or 16 inches deep... if I veg long enough to get giant rootballs then I outgrow my vertical space so I go for higher plant numbers with less roots and scrog them... empty space in my soil should be full of roots IMO... the cannabis competes pretty well I just chop the brome and let it be mulch.

My plants go from solo cups into the flower box most times and then get a couple or three weeks to get established and fill the canopy before flipping.. that’s why I want to plug them into a productive soil full of roots and fungi that they can hijack from as much as possible...

The YukonKronicle