What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The YukonKronicle

YukonKronic

Started an IG account... nothing new yet.. just getting out there in case someone around the Yukon wants to start a nursery or flower business maybe I can get a jobby job.

@yukonkronic if anyone’s innerested. Mostly going to be shots and descriptions of breeding projects but ya never know what’s gonna pop outta this head next so we’ll see..

YukonKronic

Woot!woot! 10,000 + views!
You guys are all wicked awesome! Thanks for the interest support and friendship to all those who have come by and shared or even just the lurkers:tiphat:
This thread has been a lot of fun and actually has really been good for me. I learned things I made friends I found a little direction and a lot of support as far as how to accept cannabis in my life and thrive with it.
I still struggle on the daily with depression (my wife is going through Hell for me, I will never stop fighting because she doesn’t :huggg:)
among other things but it’s in no small part thanks to ICMAG and the people therein that I have found progress and keep pushing towards it... yes my immediate friends and family get me through the visceral realities of my struggles but when I need to give them a break it’s here I can turn.

I hope if any of you out there are struggling you will reach out to someone. Even me! People can sometimes be better than medicine.. or at least help us recognize when we need it....

Thanks again all! Burn one for me! Get friiiiied.

YukonKronic

Your care pkg got here Dubi!
Thank you!:huggg:
I added the R&D stuff I still had just to build a little (lot) excitement for myself over the next years worth of growing... don’t forget I have C5KC and HpHazeKC already popped!:woohoo::biggrin:

picture.php

Looking forward to some incensed American sativa stuff as well as diving into Honduras electric fuel and flowers. That ones getting hit with some pollens to explore crosses. And of course Kali China is an absolute must have and the Auto Zamaldelica was so good even though I botched it that I HAVE to do it justice.... AND cross it to Mephisto’s Forum Stomper. Should be caked up candy that’ll just crush the head... lol HeadStomper!

YukonKronic

So. I’m overdue for an update on garden but the truth is not much is happening. Transplanted a few stunted clones early to let em catch up and tonight I’ll TP everything else and water in thus beginning the (probably?) 4-6 weeks veg it will take to fill lower screen.

But the real crazy news is that for the first time in a decade I’m off the pot... just trying to figure out how to move beyond being really fried all the time now that I have a handle on PTSD symptoms (90% contained)
And I need to start working earning and pitching in again to truly rise above the feelings of worthlessness that depression brings.
This has been a completely private decision and I haven’t shared with anybody that for 3 weeks I’ve been cutting back my cannabis use according to a schedule of goals I set for myself.

Yes. I failed some days. But at the end I reached my point of “Do or don’t” and stopped using cannabis Friday afternoon.
And stuck with it despite a truly horrible fight with my wife and the reality that she might not be able to be happy with me anymore after all we’ve had to endure from each other.. don’t get me wrong. We love each other as deeply as any fairytale but my own problems with PTSD and depression have been epic.
And she’s a human too... she had her own things to work through while trying to help me. It took an enormous toll. I digress.

While I have only been a few days away from cannabis I can already feel that I have much more ability to cope without than a year ago.
I’m not quitting.. it still adds to my quality of Life too much.
But I’m staying off for at LEAST 4 days (halfway there!) and then I will reassess what I want my cannabis use to look like and when/if I think I need to smoke for anything but evening stress relief or the occasional bout of intense depression... maybe the odd kickass afternoon of fishing etc.
Lol if I wasn’t too stubborn I definitely should have had some Friday night... it was bad. But I always win. So I let it hurt to prove I could still win.
I expect that it will be a struggle to maintain discipline and refrain from smoking habitually when I do begin again so this simply the first step in a feeling out process that will eventually allow me to at least feel comfortable and safe with putting down the doobie and dealing with hard shit with all my faculties intact.

I want it to be just for fun again. When it’s time for fun.
So. Wish me luck and don’t be mad if I take a day or two to post pics... I got some shit goin on..
Thanks for all your support through everything guys! This community means a lot to me and I hope cutting down my high time will allow me to contribute more.

You guys should see the shit coming out my lungs. Yikes.
Tangwena! Brother man! I might try your route out in a year or less... eating it has GOT to be healthier.

YukonKronic

To put it in perspective a month ago I had smoked 2.5-6 grams a DAY for ten+years... this is sorta pretty big for me:dance013:

paisajedehierba

yes... put things back on track! I like very much your way of beeing open with your personal situation and goals. I am no heavy weight smoker (Dubi said so somewhere on IC) ... smoking a joint usually every second or third day. This way there is a choice between beeing straight or enjoying your home made weed.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, Yukon...thanks for sharing your situation, your grow, your thoughts, etc. etc. Much appreciated!!

YukonKronic

I posted this in dank.franks thread and realized it ought to be here too.

YukonKronic’s take on a simple reliable clone method:

I tried a couple home made cloners and rock-wool, peat pucks, a different plug similar to root riots coco seed starter mix perlite vermiculite and even a bunch of mixes of those as well as plain old garden soil and a EWC and peat mix... best results I’ve found yet were to cut and place in water immediately...

Then at work station use clean razor to trim up stems and recut bottoms at angle etc... it’s good to clean off potential pathogens but often I found healthy cuts didn’t suffer any worse from just being rinsed under a tap. Clean is going to be more reliable.
Dip into rooting gel (tried pricey stuff last time. It was better) less than around 2 months old at most and put into a glass of RO or distilled water.

Let em sit. I usually don’t use much light or it seems to yellow out faster. It’s always blue dominant flouro or led or windowsill light.
Change the water every two days or when it looks a bit cloudy whenever is faster. Lol keep the glass full too... don’t know offhand how hot ya run your clone area mine is around 20-24C cooler keeps em green longer (I always lose a leaf or two.. dry as hell here most often) but extends time to callous.

Usually after 4 days give or take a day you start to see some callous development often near surface of water.
Then I plant them sometimes 5 at a time in a solo cup of pro-mix hp and set them in a container that I fill up to an around a half inch or so of standing water every few days to get em real damp then sorta moist then real damp etc... this usually leads to roots around 7-10 days after the planting into solos and there’s usually at least 4 out of 5 with good strong roots in multiple locations emergent.

I make sure my pro-mix stays sterile in storage.. no bugs allowed.
Also I get it damp squeeze out water then sprinkle into solo and lightly compact. I use a chopstick to push pro-mix tight against clone stem then water in but bottom water only. Keep cutting about an inch from bottom of pot or it can dry out.

At that point I separate them and plant the ones I want into individual solo cups of pro mix plus EWC or whatever mid to low strength potting mix I have to hand... often I just cut pro mix with 50-60% living soil from the flowering beds.
Likely all stuff you’ve already done or heard but thought I would try to help if I could.
I’m pretty sure with slight modifications to this method like bubbles or cloning/nutriment solutions in the water or maybe different shaped containers to maintain moisture for larger numbers/pot a guy could get pretty reliable results in around eight days or so on a consistent basis. Maybe faster I dunno..
Ha! I don’t even dome em or spray them! Although I recall a batch taken an hour after potassium silicate foliar bring much perkier for longer.

I’m going back to this method now after another waste of time trying a bubble cloner.. probably going to incorporate humidity dome, PotSil pre foliar and B1 as well as Bacillus Subtilis serum during soak to out compete pathogens and maintain cut health.. I’ll keep you posted if I ever get my expansion finished and get space to set up a stable clone station.:biggrin:

S

Sertaiz

gonna try it with some basil to see how it goes, changing the water is the key, huh?
my water is too acidic so i add a touch of baking soda.
thanks for your tek!

YukonKronic

gonna try it with some basil to see how it goes, changing the water is the key, huh?
my water is too acidic so i add a touch of baking soda.
thanks for your tek!

Sodium bicarbonate you mean? Isn’t sodium bad for roots?
I use PotSil for ph up as plants can almost always use potassium in very loose soil and silica is always good:biggrin:

orfeas

Veteran
Thanks guys. I try to make a point to never be ashamed of being sick. Stigma around mental illness exists because we hide it away and others can’t understand our pain.

Sharing experiences regardless of how embarrassing or painful does a number of things including opening ones self up to support from those who either do or will at least try to understand and help.

It also shows others who are suffering that if they can just:
HANG. ON! That eventually they have the chance to find it in themselves to share their burdens with people who can help.

Cannabis has helped me stay Alive. But it was Therapy that really got me through the nuts and bolts of what PTSD is what it does and how you can affect the changes that it causes in your life.

Depression is another thing that requires knowledge to know how to fight.
And cognizance. Marijuana takes away the pain to an extent but it also limits your ability to recognize the thoughts and feelings leading into a depressive episode and thereby limits your ability to change that feedback loop before it starts to drag you down.
My greatest success using marijuana with depression is to wait until I either survive the episode (WITH SUPERVISION! DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE ENDANGERED!!!!) or I interrupt it’s cycle enough to use cannabis as a “reset” on the now vulnerable “circuit” in the brain that has caused the episode.
This isn’t getting stoned and feeling better. It’s using the malleable nature of neural pathways and the ability of cannabis to further “plasticize” those pathways and then ACTIVELY engaging that thought pattern with counter thoughts and arguments to ELIMINATE it’s validity to your own sense of logic.

As to relationships.. I follow the middle path. I am a follower of the thoughts of Hui Neng sixth patriarch of Zen Buddhism.. in as much as I understand them. I have come to my own understanding of Individualism and the illusions therein as well the Nature of Universal balance.. I picked up the Tao Te Ching at age 11. I read Sun Tzu the I Ching Krishnamurti DesCartes Socrates Nietzsche and others I have forgotten before picking up DT Suzuki’s book on Zen Buddhism and finding.., something about it that made ALL the other readings fit within the same family of thoughts and a Realization that Self (universal self.. true divine nature or perhaps “the fundamental reality of any living thing”) lies in the path we take and the way we Travel it.
I put down the books and Lived.
But it was armed with the Truth that my Life can change the Balance of all things it touches and the effects will last through eternity.

This is true for all things but especially those that are Alive and Sentient as we define it these days. The worst piece of my struggle with Self has been accepting that my personal power is only a small part of the greatest principle I have found in my experience.
And the only thread common to EVERY experience throughout existence.

Change. All things change. That is how they stay the same. The parameters that govern our interpretation of existence are set by the fact that something changed to cause them. And they constantly shift in small (to some.. not to others) ways so that Existence is not crystallized into a still and dead thing.

Which makes sense on paper to me. It didn’t while I watched the Life leave a 14 yr old boys eyes and TRIED to GIVE him a piece of my soul (easiest metaphor in this context) to hang onto.
He did. He lived (barely) a few more hours and his family was able to gather round him and say goodbye.

No sense of individual power can overcome Death nor Creation. These are what bind all living things as family.

Fuckn made myself cry sharing all that. Not the boys death. It will always Hurt but he is a source of strength to me now.. a thing I have done that I feel was Good. In the greatest sense of that word.

I cry because I have never expressed my thoughts on fundamental truth so lucidly. It feels good to be able to express this and I hope someone finds meaning in it that enriches their own Path.

Thank you Mayan. Thank you Paisa. Thank you Sertaiz. Thank you to all citizens of ICMAG who have helped me get here and will continue helping me go beyond.

We are all in this together wether we know it or not. And we are all catalyst to existence... keep understanding as much as you can and when you don’t try to realize you are also mysterious and your answer lies within.:tiphat::huggg:

I’m going to hang up my philosophers hat and go try to earn some $ for my fams.
One Love. One Existence. One Self.
Peace.

An unravelling account of a spiritual path taken and followed, comprehensive and concise to the very last word...the departing of that boy is one of many a case that leave indelible marks on our understanding of Kosmos...solidly convinced this world would be a better place, did everyone take in and practice that Universal approach you so clearly laid out...

Thanks heaps for sharing! Be blessed!

:tiphat:orfeas

YukonKronic

An unravelling account of a spiritual path taken and followed, comprehensive and concise to the very last word...the departing of that boy is one of many a case that leave indelible marks on our understanding of Kosmos...solidly convinced this world would be a better place, did everyone take in and practice that Universal approach you so clearly laid out...

Thanks heaps for sharing! Be blessed!

:tiphat:orfeas

In the words of another well spoken Grecian..
“Above all else; know thyself”.
It has been a struggle at times... I was always Mercurial and the trait is manifest all the more in times of intense struggle... the gift of language and literature has shown a path to higher realms of appreciation for the human condition and therein lay a place to observe myself in context so that rationalization of my own experience becomes as inevitable as the Change I choose as my Fundamental Truth.

If anyone is curious I Crushed my four day goal with no cravings worse than a chocolate bar. I was not addicted. I experienced very little withdrawal basically no cravings and pretty much complete ambivalence to the idea of “needing” to have weed to handle flashbacks and concomitant depression.
I feel I have my PTSD under control and am experiencing better coping with anxiety.. depression is still a factor but one thing that changed with my cannabis use was a return of appetite.
The endo cannabinoid system does regulate Hunger cravings so it shouldn’t be too surprising that it has begun a return to more normal functions.
I’m eating like a horse again and it’s making me feel much better in general too. I’m actually fairly sure I had been borderline starving for a long time.. I’m still smoking a little here and there since my break but my tolerance is low again and I find it more enjoyable at the end of the day kind of thing.. I kind of want to stop for a week again really soon.. see what shakes out again..

I also had one small toke of Pinky this afternoon for a sudden flush of depression and it helped a lot still so I think I’m going to keep using it as medicine but less often and more as an aid to maintain function until a task is done and I can take time to deal with whatever trigger is the issue.
Functionality is the key here.. and getting PTSD and anxiety under control enough to lay off constant smoking has made much smaller doses effective.
So not only do I not need herb during work hours most of the time if I DO have a depressive or anxious triggering experience I can use a very small dose on the odd occasion I don’t have time or wherewithal to think my way through the issue..
All a lot of changes that I’m absorbing as quickly as I can because I have hungered to work and support my family again for YEARS.
Gotta do it right but I think I might try something soon..:dance013::woohoo:

TheSg

You Rock Yukon!

You Rock Yukon!

Yukonkronic
I love reading your posts here!
Very detailed and shows your a passionate organic grower, which I admire very much considering how much Cannabis here in Canada is likely not organic and perhaps even over fertilized with gross synthetic nutes.
Just showing some appreciation to ya.
Keep writing the novellas man!
I can't get enough.
Haha

And thank you for being willing to talk about mental health.
I have found over the years some people who are open minded about the subject have helped me through hard times.
And the others who were negative influences and closed minded and unwilling to express the truth about themselves and their situations in life to be less than helpful to say the least.
I had a serious run in with PTSD and depression and anxiety after a life threatening attack on me when I was a younger man and cannabis definitely helps with coping through some of my internal and external struggles, and it's really good to hear someone explain thoroughly the pro's and con's and details of how to use cannabis to try to cope with mental health.
It really strikes at the core of my being and my heart.
Thanks so much for that.
Just know your posts about mental health to me feel like the most important information you could spread here.
Not to mention all the neat things you use in your soil composition.
That's dang good info as well.
I hope to be able to grow like you do one day.
I am super impressed and inspired.
Keep up the good vibes and keep on spreading the good messages about mental health.
I have a tiny little grow that consists of some ace seeds crosses I've been breeding for about ten years now. And I usually cross my ace varieties with local clone only strains too.
Great minds think alike
Lol
I also have ae unique landrace strain called Philippine Kalinga.
The "real" Kalinga IMO haha though it is frustrating to say that without being a local from the Philippines who would be "in the know"
Check out the strange buds it produces!
I grew it ages ago and have been hoarding the beans ever since.
But it's something I would love to reproduce as a stable sativa to share with other in the future.
Here's a pic
To share in that Sati fan joy!

Attachments

• 16719DSC02750.jpeg
    16719DSC02750.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 16719DSC02744.jpeg
    16719DSC02744.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 16719DSC02737.jpeg
    16719DSC02737.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

YukonKronic

Yukonkronic
I love reading your posts here!
Very detailed and shows your a passionate organic grower, which I admire very much considering how much Cannabis here in Canada is likely not organic and perhaps even over fertilized with gross synthetic nutes.
Just showing some appreciation to ya.
Keep writing the novellas man!
I can't get enough.
Haha

And thank you for being willing to talk about mental health.
I have found over the years some people who are open minded about the subject have helped me through hard times.
And the others who were negative influences and closed minded and unwilling to express the truth about themselves and their situations in life to be less than helpful to say the least.
I had a serious run in with PTSD and depression and anxiety after a life threatening attack on me when I was a younger man and cannabis definitely helps with coping through some of my internal and external struggles, and it's really good to hear someone explain thoroughly the pro's and con's and details of how to use cannabis to try to cope with mental health.
It really strikes at the core of my being and my heart.
Thanks so much for that.
Just know your posts about mental health to me feel like the most important information you could spread here.
Not to mention all the neat things you use in your soil composition.
That's dang good info as well.
I hope to be able to grow like you do one day.
I am super impressed and inspired.
Keep up the good vibes and keep on spreading the good messages about mental health.
I have a tiny little grow that consists of some ace seeds crosses I've been breeding for about ten years now. And I usually cross my ace varieties with local clone only strains too.
Great minds think alike
Lol
I also have ae unique landrace strain called Philippine Kalinga.
The "real" Kalinga IMO haha though it is frustrating to say that without being a local from the Philippines who would be "in the know"
Check out the strange buds it produces!
I grew it ages ago and have been hoarding the beans ever since.
But it's something I would love to reproduce as a stable sativa to share with other in the future.
Here's a pic
To share in that Sati fan joy!
Thanks! I was hoping this thread would be something more than just my failure or success to grow weed... the Kalinga looks beautiful! There’s actually a rapidly growing Philippino population in the Yukon.. come up for a vacation and spread her around you might find someone who recognizes it!

40degsouth

Nicely done Yukon,
it certainly looks like your hopes and goals for the thread are coming together.
PTSD is a crippling and debilitating illness. Many people are under the misconception that it is only returned service men/woman that suffer from it, due to exposure from high stress, high adrenalin, combat situations but the reality is anyone can get PTSD from similar "life" situations.
I believe the correct terminology for this type (strain) is C PTSD.
I have many friends who are returned service men who have fought and experienced different levels of engagement and all of them have PTSD, weather they want to admit it or not.
I've been giving one of my friends medicine to combat his night terrors and both he and his wife have found this extremely beneficial and has given him the ability to sleep and be aware of his surroundings when he wakes abruptly. I tried giving him different types of highs, i.e. more sedative, less sedative for his night time meds but not really being an aficionado or connesaur in any way, the only feed back he can give me is that it all works for him.
Unfortunately he has now had to move onto other chemical types of medication, like vallium, in an attempt to stay calm during the day but has gone from opposition to the plant, to outspoken advocate for its medical value.
It's been great to lurk around for a few months and see what everyone's been up to but l wanted to get all my work done before l started posting; it's been a really slow start to the season here in terms of unseasonally cold weather due to a forecasted, meteorological event (SAM) which has kept, particularly, overnight temperature very low and growth rates retarded. In fact last night was the first night the minimum overnight temperature was at ten degrees celcius, easily four weeks behind normal and six in an unusual season.
I held off on planting for one month and had both first and second lots of cuts fail.....learning, learning, learning!!
Anyway I'll hang out here for the season and chat about what I'm up to and look forward to catching up with everyone from last year and making some new friends this year.
Cheers, 40