Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Northern California Outdoor - 400 Gallon Raised Beds

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Northern California Outdoor - 400 Gallon Raised Beds Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2018, 12:58 AM #31
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
So you want to flower cuts of the seedlings and plant the seedlings. Yea, you would have to start by feb. Its possible to sustain a plant for 8 months in only 200 gallons but not super easy. Frequent top dressings as liquid feedings and it's doable. you said you didn't want them too big. 8 healthy months grows a big ass plant. And in a narrow pot, it will take some intense training to stop it from being incredibly tall.

It may be better to pheno hunt and then plant clones. That is what i would do. You can grow some monsters with clones. Allot of people have experienced having younger starts that were started later, outgrow earlier starts.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:14 AM #32
wantaknow
ruger 500

wantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of light
Tap roots are key to an outdoor large grow

Old 12-14-2018, 01:29 AM #33
Mengsk

Mengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to all
For the OP and your plan pheno hunting that's pretty much what nurseries do. If you are planning on searching through seeds you might think about a clone supplier. At least give some thought to what kind of time and/or budget you have. Seeds are cheaper but take more effort on your part. Buying plants is clearly the easier yet more expensive option. Money vs time and effort is where it depends a lot I think on your goals etc.

People might have different views on buying plants vs buying seeds but when planting time comes around it is awfully tempting and nice to have the option of purchasing starts. Only time will tell but you could spend hours and months tending seedlings during your pheno hunt only to find the nursery has done the work for you. $20-50 or more for an awesome mother plant is cheap but $50 each planting a whole field not so much. The relative cost is always low (return on investment) but the absolute cost is higher than many can reasonably afford. $20 per clone in a sea of green arrangement is quite different from 2-5+ pounds per plant.
Mengsk is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 05:24 AM #34
GlaZed420
Addicted to Growing

GlaZed420 will become famous soon enoughGlaZed420 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengsk View Post
For the OP and your plan pheno hunting that's pretty much what nurseries do. If you are planning on searching through seeds you might think about a clone supplier. At least give some thought to what kind of time and/or budget you have. Seeds are cheaper but take more effort on your part. Buying plants is clearly the easier yet more expensive option. Money vs time and effort is where it depends a lot I think on your goals etc.

People might have different views on buying plants vs buying seeds but when planting time comes around it is awfully tempting and nice to have the option of purchasing starts. Only time will tell but you could spend hours and months tending seedlings during your pheno hunt only to find the nursery has done the work for you. $20-50 or more for an awesome mother plant is cheap but $50 each planting a whole field not so much. The relative cost is always low (return on investment) but the absolute cost is higher than many can reasonably afford. $20 per clone in a sea of green arrangement is quite different from 2-5+ pounds per plant.
I have never had good luck with mass produced clones... always PM and or a random mite. Ive always had the best luck with seed starts for obvious reasons.
GlaZed420 is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 06:13 AM #35
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
Tap roots are not that key i don't think. People pre veg seedlings in that little pot, and the tap root is usually non existent by the time you transplant it. Tap roots are more for anchoring a plant then taking up water. Lateral roots are really what does the eating, drinking, and stretches out to encourage a wide plant up top.
I don't see a big difference in overall vigor between my clones and seedlings. Probably because the phenotypes i keep, i chose because of vigor.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:57 PM #36
apollojmr

apollojmr will become famous soon enough
I’m in Michigan and considering a grow inside of 275 gallon IBC totes with oxygen fed to roots. Anyone ever done this?
apollojmr is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2019, 07:16 PM #37
CrushnYuba

Apollojmr: i have never heard of dwc being done in a greenhouse. You have to chill the water and that poses issues. Also to keep do levels high enough in that much water, you would have to use a really big regenerative blower. Air pumps won't cut it.

What i have done and seen other people do that is similar with allot less risk of failure is running a very very light soiless mix and having multiple feed and dry out times per day.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:34 AM #38
GlaZed420
Addicted to Growing

GlaZed420 will become famous soon enoughGlaZed420 will become famous soon enough
Whats up guys... im considering planting in raised beds vs. fabric pots... downsides? upsides? Stuff 2 in 10'x4'x24" or something like that

Last edited by GlaZed420; 02-14-2019 at 04:46 AM..

Old 02-20-2019, 05:49 AM #39
GlaZed420
Addicted to Growing

Popped some seeds. 6 Blueberry Syrup (Blueberry x Cherry Pie), 6 Cookies n Cream x MDB x GDP and 6 California Sunset (Sunset Sherbet x MDB x GDP). The Blueberry Syrup shows purple leaves already and 5 of 6 have purple stems. Several plants of the other 2 strains also are showing purple leaves already just not as pronounced. I killed one of the California Sunsets on accident. All seeds are from Calco Genetics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0104.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	486399 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0100.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	486400

Old 02-26-2019, 04:06 AM #40
GlaZed420
Addicted to Growing

Ebbbbb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0107.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	486970 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0110.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	486971 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0111.jpg