Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Anybody ever use The Botanicare Slide Bench System??

Thread Title Search
Anybody ever use The Botanicare Slide Bench System?? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2018, 11:38 PM #1
CaptinFunk

CaptinFunk will become famous soon enough
Anybody ever use The Botanicare Slide Bench System??

So I have multiple tables of the new botanicare slide benchs, right now i'm putting in my 3/4" conduit trellis supports and I've noticed the trellis support mounts are loose and move up and down; this thing will never hold the tension of my netting. Anybody with any experience with this? Any tips on stabilizing trellis supports of 50' long tables?
CaptinFunk is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:32 PM #2
Capt.Ahab
Feeding the ducks with a bun.

Capt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivor
Hmmm. I looked at the photo of the trellis support on the website and it seems that it is a weak design.
It says that the trellis support also secures the tray so you cant really mess with it.
Maybe PVC would be more rigid than the conduit?
Looks like you may be able to drill hole and secure with a screw or clamp at the base of the trellis support where it latches onto the lip of the tray to prevent it from moving it up and down.
Just throwing ideas out there ... perhaps you need to create some cross supports between the vertical trellis supports to stabilize the structure and prevent lateral movement and keep your lengths of trellis shorter than 50 feet. Say, Five ten foot long sections instead of one 50 foot section.
"Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"
Capt.Ahab is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2018, 05:28 PM #3
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
well without a pic or a link i'm a bit lost here, but i do love seeing one captain helping another, so had to post, lmao.
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:43 PM #4
bench warmer

bench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud of
Ahoy mateys! I’ve built these recently and find them adequate. Not nearly as sturdy as Hove or Nexus tables but much faster delivery to my location.
We’ll use conduit and possibly add bracing.

bench warmer is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:02 PM #5
mctasty

mctasty will become famous soon enoughmctasty will become famous soon enoughmctasty will become famous soon enough
benches look sweet. How are they other then the trellis issue?
mctasty is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2019, 06:05 AM #6
bench warmer

bench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud ofbench warmer has much to be proud of
Not bad. It will be interesting to see how the material holds up over the years.

Old 07-16-2019, 03:48 PM #7
CaptinFunk

CaptinFunk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctasty View Post
benches look sweet. How are they other then the trellis issue?
Garbage.

Joints that connect that tables together leak if not cleaned with alcohol before sealing.

The handles are not strong enough to move tables if your tables are over 30ft long. Not only that, but depending on the height of your table the handles get caught on your pockets/ belt/ pruner hoster/ etc...

Trellis support is absolute trash.

I would never recommend these to anybody.

Next 8 grow rooms that come online will all be IGE.
CaptinFunk is offline Quote

Old 07-17-2019, 04:17 AM #8
bench warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptinFunk View Post
Garbage.

Joints that connect that tables together leak if not cleaned with alcohol before sealing.

The handles are not strong enough to move tables if your tables are over 30ft long. Not only that, but depending on the height of your table the handles get caught on your pockets/ belt/ pruner hoster/ etc...

Trellis support is absolute trash.

I would never recommend these to anybody.

Next 8 grow rooms that come online will all be IGE.
Yeah, I can understand your disappointment. They’re not as ruggedly built as other sliding bench systems I’ve used. Just convenient with respect to how much faster I could get these versus the more solid brands.

These are on 20 inch legs so not going to catch on pockets. The handles are unnecessary imo too. I’ll report back on how these tables and their upright supports worked for me in a few of months.

Peace

Old 07-17-2019, 06:02 AM #9
Lyfespan

Lyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud of
i made my benches out of unistut frame, with 2 chain link fence top rail(it allows for a jointless connection and pieces are 20') ,and prefab wrought fence sections(use 1" square stock to connect sections), place trays on wrought iron fence to roll on fence top posts

got a few pix
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZX5IHjFPOy/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Badoa4wlXER/

Lyfespan is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.