Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Any " one hit weed " back in the 1970's ?

Thread Title Search
Any " one hit weed " back in the 1970's ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2017, 08:12 AM #1
EastFortRock

EastFortRock has a spectacular aura aboutEastFortRock has a spectacular aura aboutEastFortRock has a spectacular aura aboutEastFortRock has a spectacular aura about
Any " one hit weed " back in the 1970's ?

If so what was it? Nothing I smoked back in the 70's was comparable in strength to the plants I have grown in the last few years. I was a teen lacking in connections and probably lied to about what I was getting anyway in the 70's . Some of the best I got back then was less than half as strong my present stash.

Last edited by EastFortRock; 09-24-2017 at 08:43 AM..
EastFortRock is offline Quote

Old 09-24-2017, 10:02 AM #2
OregonBorn

OregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud of
1: Kerala Ganja. 1976
2: Guerreran. 1975
3: Colombian Black (wacky weed). 1977
4: Cambodian Red. 1972
5: African Black Magic. 1978-1980
6: Mexican highland sinsemilia. 1978-1979
7-30: Many lids of local grown California sinsemilia. 1976-on

I dunno where all this new strain stuff is far better idea comes from, but it ain't so. Many of the later Amsterdam strains came from NorCal in a box of seeds in 1986. I grow kick-ass weed from old seed. I am not after one hit weed, but there were plenty to be had back in the day. There was also a lot of low grade bricked crap back in the day too. It was not all gravy.

There were other excellent strains to be had in the 70s, including Thai stick, Durban Poison, Acapulco gold, Maui Waui, Panama Red, Kona Gold, several other Colombian strains like Punto Rojo, Colombian gold (real gold, not the bricked lowland crap), and Punta Roja, as well as Jamaican and Brazilian. Several other kick-ass strains were from Mexico, mostly loose tops from Michoacan, Guerrero, Oaxaca, and Zacatecas. Also hashish from Lebanon, Morocco, Afghanistan, and temple balls and Nepalese fingers. Not all one hit weed, but very good weed. I had many sources though.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:04 AM #3
Hrpuffnkush

Hrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud ofHrpuffnkush has much to be proud of
its all relative to potency and tolerance , highest tested in 70's was Thai
look in Mel Franks first book and rob Clarke book of hashish , . many many GC tests from 70's in them

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:05 PM #4
Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle is a jewel in the roughShovelhandle is a jewel in the roughShovelhandle is a jewel in the roughShovelhandle is a jewel in the roughShovelhandle is a jewel in the roughShovelhandle is a jewel in the rough
NO doubt there were some great strains in the 70s. I just figure that I've been in an isolated environment that I've not had pot like that ever since. It's not my tolerance either. We smoked by the carload in the day and still the top shelve thai, mowie, african, mex and colombian that people are referring to would wreck our day. Couldn't go anywhere, talk to anyone or drive for shit on that. Later in the 80s we had a few elite strains referred to as wheelchair weed and elephant weed. Also very strong with extremely long lasting effect. I thought that it may be my growing or something but now that I've been to the dispensary I know it's not on me. The strains are not up to it.
Shovelhandle is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:28 PM #5
rolandomota

rolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud of
The type of high had a lot to do with it. More active mind highs were plentiful sativas where the norm. now you see more lazy go to sleep booring highs with not much or zero mind stimulus because these flower fast and heavy
rolandomota is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:39 PM #6
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFortRock View Post
If so what was it? Nothing I smoked back in the 70's was comparable in strength to the plants I have grown in the last few years.
I think it depended a lot more on connections.

I'm sure the Beatles had some good weed. Not sure their band lasted to the 70's.

Pretty sure the Stones & the Dead had access to good weed, in the 70's.
St. Phatty is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:46 PM #7
944s2

944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor
late 70s,,,
jamaican Lambsbred and Thai stick,,,,,s2
944s2 is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 08:31 AM #8
EastFortRock

EastFortRock has a spectacular aura aboutEastFortRock has a spectacular aura aboutEastFortRock has a spectacular aura aboutEastFortRock has a spectacular aura about
Hrpuffnkush- you are right, Tolerance makes a big difference. I have a close friend with a high enough tolerance that it almost takes something stronger than bud to get him high . " one hit weed" doesn't exist to him .
EastFortRock is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 09:00 AM #9
OregonBorn

OregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud of
I have a rather high tolerance with smoking pot. I have found that strains of weed that I have not smoked in a long while or never smoked before will get me higher than weed I am used to smoking. Also if I smoke any CBD weed beforehand I can basically smoke any amount of anything and stay relatively unstoned. Also if I am wound up like after getting off of work or something it may take a lot of weed to untangle me.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:22 AM #10
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
i dont really have any business in this thread accept that my dad and other old heads say that weed is not the same.tolerence is one possibility but they claim otherwise.i know the last old school strains i smoked 15 years ago grown by old school heads beats the pants off anything i can get now.remember that scene from cheech and chongs up in smoke where they couldnt even move they were so stoned?thats what im talking about.maybe were just getting older but i havent had anything like it since.maybe weed is getting "stronger"but i dont think its getting better.
shithawk420 is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.