Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > proper etiquette..

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Real Gorilla Seeds
proper etiquette.. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2016, 01:27 AM #1
TrillOG

TrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up proper etiquette..

if one wanted to make a formal complaint about not getting a single seed out of a pack to sprout, what is the correct way to go about that??
Old 11-04-2016, 02:43 AM #2
t99

t99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to behold
From the Seed Boutique faq page:

My seeds will not germinate?
Seed Boutique does not replace seeds due to claims of poor germination; seeds are a live product and we cannot guarantee grower success. The same seeds in the hands of one grower may well perform differently in the hands of an other grower. We do not accept responsibility for the germination ratios or growth of a live product though seeds are tested randomly to ensure a minimum level of viability.

Be polite and professional. SB has a great reputation for a reason.
Contact the breeder who made them and politely explain your experience. If they don't satisfy you, you can contact Seed Boutique and tell them. Sometimes they will work with you, sometimes they won't. Every case is different, usually depending on the customers approach and attitude.
Be polite and professional. SB has a great reputation for a reason.
t99 is offline Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:04 PM #3
LubdaNugs

LubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to allLubdaNugs is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillOG View Post
if one wanted to make a formal complaint about not getting a single seed out of a pack to sprout, what is the correct way to go about that??
I had this issue with a breeder, I contacted him/her directly. The breeder in question not only replaced the pack, but also tossed in some extras.
LubdaNugs is offline Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:26 PM #4
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LubdaNugs View Post
I had this issue with a breeder, I contacted him/her directly. The breeder in question not only replaced the pack, but also tossed in some extras.
Yeah, great breeder to go the extra mile.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:04 AM #5
SilentFeet
Banned

SilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the rough
I bought Black Widow off Herbies, and only 6 out of 15 germinated.

Herbies wouldn't replace them so I contacted the breeder of them, Mr Nice Seedbank, and they sent me 25 free Black Widow, even though I didn't order off them.

I think the seedbank should replace them as they are the one you paid the money to, they are the one you entered into a contract with to provide you with x amount of viable cannabis seeds in return for x amount of money.

And then if there is something wrong with the seeds then the seedbank should seek reimbursement from the breeder.

That's how it works in the real world; I buy a product from a retail store, it doesn't work so I take it back and they refund me and then claim the cost of the product from the manufacturer.

Non Fanboy here.
SilentFeet is offline Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:07 AM #6
oldpink
Retired

oldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant futureoldpink has a brilliant future
PM me with the details

OP

shine on 11/07/06

"Like Rick, I don't find it easy to express my feelings in words, but I loved him and will miss him enormously".David Gilmour Monday 15th September 2008

Gypsy is finally Free
oldpink is offline Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:11 PM #7
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFeet View Post
I bought Black Widow off Herbies, and only 6 out of 15 germinated.

Herbies wouldn't replace them so I contacted the breeder of them, Mr Nice Seedbank, and they sent me 25 free Black Widow, even though I didn't order off them.

I think the seedbank should replace them as they are the one you paid the money to, they are the one you entered into a contract with to provide you with x amount of viable cannabis seeds in return for x amount of money.

And then if there is something wrong with the seeds then the seedbank should seek reimbursement from the breeder.

That's how it works in the real world; I buy a product from a retail store, it doesn't work so I take it back and they refund me and then claim the cost of the product from the manufacturer.

Non Fanboy here.
Cannabis Seed collecting is a perfectly legit & legal hobby in a few places while at the same time it is illegal to germinate said seeds. UK being a perfect example of this.
So... Read the fine print before ever making a purchase because there are some tight assed seed bank that will refuse to respond to germination questions.

One poster, I don't recall who, said it best.
When you contact the seed seller in such a place it may be best to just claim that your souvenir seeds got wet & were, as a result, destroyed and no longer collectible.

Some banks will work with you under all circumstances.
MJPassion is offline Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:53 PM #8
TrillOG

TrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of light
thanks people, i will see what happens from here...
Old 11-28-2016, 08:32 AM #9
TrillOG

well no luck this time around, unfortunately...