What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Northern Lights

H G Griffin

I also don't believe he has any plans on leaving the business anytime soon. He's working on some new crosses including a Haze as well as shipping clones across the country.

Has anyone asked him for info on this Haze he's working? I'm curious the pedigree as he's stated his Sweet Skunk x Haze cross has a shortened flowering time due to the Haze. This seems strange, except when you take into account his Sweet Skunk may actually be a nlhaze.

I can't really add anything new (just went back and reread the old emails to see if I'd forgotten anything-nope), but I was also surprised when he said the flowering time on the SSxHaze was shorter than the SS itself.

I bought a pack and received a bonus pack of the SSxH in late 2019. Only popped a few seeds out of the 2 packs so far and they weren't nearly as robust as what I usually see from Peak. I culled them in veg as I had too much other stuff going on. Going to have to give them another try soon though. I've seen other folks have good luck with this cross, and MJ has never done me wrong in the past.

Fitzera

I can't really add anything new (just went back and reread the old emails to see if I'd forgotten anything-nope), but I was also surprised when he said the flowering time on the SSxHaze was shorter than the SS itself.

I bought a pack and received a bonus pack of the SSxH in late 2019. Only popped a few seeds out of the 2 packs so far and they weren't nearly as robust as what I usually see from Peak. I culled them in veg as I had too much other stuff going on. Going to have to give them another try soon though. I've seen other folks have good luck with this cross, and MJ has never done me wrong in the past.

It was also clearly stated that these were untested, at least at the time I purchased them.
Can you elaborate a bit more on these and how they were not as robust as you're used to? I was planning on popping a couple in my next run but maybe I should pop something else at this time. Its either these, a different peak line or Mr nice g13haze

Where have you seen these grown out? I'd like to check it out

H G Griffin

It was also clearly stated that these were untested, at least at the time I purchased them.
Can you elaborate a bit more on these and how they were not as robust as you're used to? I was planning on popping a couple in my next run but maybe I should pop something else at this time. Its either these, a different peak line or Mr nice g13haze

Where have you seen these grown out? I'd like to check it out
Not much to elaborate upon. I germed a bunch of seeds of numerous strains and ended up culling the ones I saw as not keeping up with the others since I only had so much room.

IIRC, it was only 2 or 3 SSxHaze and they got snipped in the first 2 or 3 weeks from sprout. I was going for production to refill a low stash and didn't have time for anything that wasn't taking right off. I had proven stuff that I knew could count on so I stuck with that.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
It is very easy to get a medical cannabis prescription in Canada and that lets a personal grower sidestep a lot of the various limits.

Amount on person, number of plants, source of seeds, are all affected by having a prescription.

I grew before legalization and wasn't very worried, but had some concerns. With a prescription, in a post-rec-legalization Canada, I have no fear of the cops. My prescription lets me grow far more weed than I can consume and even do some pollen chucking and still stay within my allowable limits.

I can't wait for someone to take this to the SOC. I don't have to pay my doctor for a prescription of medicine, yet I need to pay some fucker $2,500 for my prescription. Per year!

And what's with this waiting 3 fucking months to have my prescription approved? Wtf! Some clerk in an HC office isn't a doctor. Fuck them. I paid the price, although I should have kept the quote, and started growing the full shot right away.

I didn't dare them to charge me, but I wouldn't back away from the fight. I need a retirement project anyway.

Fitzera

Not much to elaborate upon. I germed a bunch of seeds of numerous strains and ended up culling the ones I saw as not keeping up with the others since I only had so much room.

IIRC, it was only 2 or 3 SSxHaze and they got snipped in the first 2 or 3 weeks from sprout. I was going for production to refill a low stash and didn't have time for anything that wasn't taking right off. I had proven stuff that I knew could count on so I stuck with that.

Thanks for that, just one more question then....I was going to stagger popping these a week or two from the more indica varieties...would you say they're slow enough that to take off that I would probably be safe doing them at the same time?

Fitzera

I can't wait for someone to take this to the SOC. I don't have to pay my doctor for a prescription of medicine, yet I need to pay some fucker $2,500 for my prescription. Per year!

And what's with this waiting 3 fucking months to have my prescription approved? Wtf! Some clerk in an HC office isn't a doctor. Fuck them. I paid the price, although I should have kept the quote, and started growing the full shot right away.

I didn't dare them to charge me, but I wouldn't back away from the fight. I need a retirement project anyway.

2500 seems asinine! Wtf. I have a buddy who got his health canada permit and im pretty sure it only cost him a few hundred if I recall correctly. He did say the worst part was waiting on the government.

H G Griffin

Thanks for that, just one more question then....I was going to stagger popping these a week or two from the more indica varieties...would you say they're slow enough that to take off that I would probably be safe doing them at the same time?

I've already shared what little experience I had with this cross, there is nothing more to add.

Good luck with whatever you chose to grow. :)