What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compressed Jamacian: aka - 'Ses'

nooely

bro i dumped better looking bud..trust me..its full of mould..man that bud was nice at one time..but was leaf it damp place..this happens alot to new growers
trying to dry dud to fast to soon

yts farmer

Veteran
hey there mampi and fellas,this is my take on the situation.

in my time i have tried jamaican ses and if memory serves me right i cant recall any seeds whatsoever,and comes so compressed it comes apart in very thin layers.
been about 5 or 6 years since ive had it and its very strong.didnt have to put much in to get fucked.also it more exspensive than skunk @35 sometimes 40 pound a eigth.

highgrade is another weed im familliar with that aint in the same league as ses but will cost you about 20 quid an eigth but still better than commercial/african weed.

G

Because I smoke it daily, and I have some jamaican purp right now. Its not that its total crap its just that there are far better strains of weed and most of the weed from Jamaica is only about 5% THC because of the outdoor drying methods, and when you brick that you loose that great trichome green hit, and it gets resiny toward the bottom of the bowl because of the tight bricking. I think allot of people forget what the whole cannabis scene in Jamaica is about, not only weed but living in paradise, the weed there is never over 10% THC(and thats being generous) and thats why we say its crappy. Believe me guys Jamaicans will rip you off just like anyone else, we got bricks that had rocks in them. I just dont like that spicy jamaican taste or the over powering stone that ruins days. I rate my chron on high clarity, feeling, taste, lenght of high, bag appeal, and any Jamaican has never got a good rating on any of these from me.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
mapi no I didn't grow that. it was just some 100 dollar a half ounce mexi gold sensi. great weed though.

and all I can say for you other fellas is its a goddamn good thing you're not the growers we relied on to save genes of old world strains.

but if you've no appreciation for old world strains than go ahead and stay away. more for the rest of us. :yummy:

Last edited:
G

is this stuff called ses or supposed to be called sensi ? or is it the same ?
years ago b4 we had skunks in europe, jamaican sensi's like lambsbread and red beard were absolutely great and second imo only to the thai going round ,,if i remember rightly the stuff made u giggle ,,,anybody else remember giggling weed ?

G

Hazyfontazy- Yea I remember the gigly weed, havent had any in a long time though. Or maybe I was young enough to act a fool and not care, I remember one time at a halloween party a buddy and I got high and laughed at each other for around 20min non stop because he looked stupid high. Great Times. Your going to be in the Dam around the 20th right? You going to the WW smokeout?

Last edited:

bythetracks

The pictures and description match what we americans call "mexican brick weed" pretty closely. We used to get a lot of jamaican like this too, but my understanding is that real jamaican is pretty rare now, it's almost all from mexico. In the 80's the east coast also got weed like this from belize, columbia, thailand and panama too, but i missed out on most that. Supposedly some the belize and panama coming in in the mid-80's was excellent. The potency of compresed imported weed can vary a lot. For people my age in the new york area, "ses/cess/sess" was the first weed most of us smoked. We used to buy it from rastas. I liked the way this weed would crumble easily. The smoke was a little harsh sometimes though. I always prefered the sativa high.

Now, everyone is obsessed with looks more than high, so i don't see this stuff around much. Everyone demands that weed have no seeds, not be compressed, not be brown, have "crystals," etc. So now we have lot's of imposter headies, some of which barely has any effect. The compressed weed we get now is greener, less dry and not as tightly packed into layers as sess was. It costs more too.

Greens

Ummm, forgive my Canadian "ignorance", but isn't $100 for a half ounce expensive! lol. Where I'm from, that would have to be some of the best weed on the planet at that price.

Greens

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
nah. those are canada prices. a half ounce of beaster that is really shitty is 180 dollars. about 400 an O for true kind.

so a 180 ounce of mexi gold is pretty good.

Thats the reason people go to BC to get weed. yall have so much rural area and few enough people you can produce alot of weed cheap.

a lb of decent BC kinda can cost 2200 USD per lb. and sell for 3800 USD a lb in the states.

Even if you went to cali, you'd still be buying lbs for 3g-3500 for regular commercial kind type weed so its worth it for some smugglers to go to canada

Last edited:

jayd

i got given a sample of some compressed jamacian earlier. my mate said it comes in half k compressed blocks and it had a jamacian flag picture on it then wrapped in brown paper . smells proper old school and has a nice sweet taste

13yphj9.jpg
2u71t0l.jpg

2mwyu85.jpg

2u71t0l.jpg

Attachments

• 20190108_234802.jpg
    20190108_234802.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190108_234812.jpg
    20190108_234812.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190108_234820.jpg
    20190108_234820.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 60

Imaperson

nah. those are canada prices. a half ounce of beaster that is really shitty is 180 dollars. about 400 an O for true kind.

so a 180 ounce of mexi gold is pretty good.

Thats the reason people go to BC to get weed. yall have so much rural area and few enough people you can produce alot of weed cheap.

a lb of decent BC kinda can cost 2200 USD per lb. and sell for 3800 USD a lb in the states.

Even if you went to cali, you'd still be buying lbs for 3g-3500 for regular commercial kind type weed so its worth it for some smugglers to go to canada

How bout nowadays lol,,,,much lower price now,,,, 150 oz is common for good dank bud and 75 oz for good mids haha,,,,,, 50 oz or less of sum Mexi reggie

ULMW

Nice to see reasonings on Ses. A name often l used for all sensimelia, or seedless herb.
Ses, Macka, High Grade, Good Grade, Merc call it what you like the quality varies. I grew outdoors in Jamaica and Africa and Indoors in Europe and have a lot of experience with Yard Herb or Jamaican pressed herb. It can be outstanding quality often sent from Jamaica to bredrin in a next yard to help remember home or given out amongst a sound system crew who will easily break a 9 bar of Ses or a KG.
Commercial street deals of yard herb will probably be the speedier end as it is so high risk. But with links or the right connections pure Jamaican ganja can be found in UK easily. Prices are going to be at a premium depending what they can sell it you for. Still street used to be 200 to 240 fi a Oz.
I would recommend trying before judging it by looks alone.
Fulljoy and blaze a big head spliff!