What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compressed Jamacian: aka - 'Ses'

I think I can relate here, as well.

Yes, that Jamaican does indeed look like schwag, but to anyone that's smoked Jamaican high-grade before, his description matches perfectly. I'll smoke it whenever it comes through here, not as pricey as headies but still more pricey than regular or mid-grade. It's good stuff, seriously. It's heavily compacted though, that's the problem and why so many people think it's crap. But I can assure that no matter how it looks, it's almost guaranteed good stuff. Very sativa in nature from what I've experienced.

Mampi

hey w'sup guys... seems like a few have had an experience with 'ses' before. sativa u sound like u toked a bit myan...

motaco that shit looks nice man.... did you grow that?

G

jamaicanhighgrade_kashmir_marijuana.jpg
heres a pic from the smokeresguide

spose to be jamacian highgrade they have descriptions and everything there too.

Mampi

dude you took the post of my finger tips lol! Nice one back porch chillin! I literally just done a search for this thread agian to post a link to the smokers guide :D ya beta me to it!

Another member pointed me toward it after I done athread on coffeshops in dam...

Cheers again, and for anyone who still doubts the authenticty of the sample I posted above please refer to the smokers guide for a full description and place where to buy in Amsterdam.

Peace

E

ebbnflow

How the hell does anyone know what the bud is? Who knows... its mystery mix # 1817819717896176178168716178617816781617800000000.Anyways some of the best weed ive smoked in 15 years has been bagseed weed.

nooely

if you ask me..its dirt..anything with seeds in the buds..takes from the bud..all the n.r.g goen into making the seeds instead of the good stuff..T.H.C..you will get stoned..but more like 2 of 10..

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
Mampi said:
my mate seems to think this I due to the compression and the natural 'oils' being confined to the bud, hmmmmmm! :chin: lmao!! Well I dunno about that and he dunno I grow so I didn't say anymore but to tell the truth he may well be correct as I have no idea.

hello Mampi,
you know, i think compressing the bud after it is dried and a little bit cured, and then finish curing but after compressing the buds together, there's a chemical change in the cannabinoids,thc and other structures.
It affects the final cured smoke. a lot of quality colombian pressed bud is real good because the farmers don't pack it until it is well dried and a bit cured, it reaches places in many days, so during the trip, the buds travel compressed (ideally without anything else besides its own resin to stick them together).
what degrades commercial bud more than the act of it being compressed, are other factors like early harvesting, poor drying, poor curing, molds and fungus that arise out of bad dry and cure. too quick a dry under the sun. adding of sugar cane to help compress the buds. and who knows, maybe even poor left overs of pesticides and ferts, but i doubt this, but hey, if even the food industry does it... who knows...
in the book Plants of the Gods by Schultes and Hoffman, there's reference about curing the buds compressed tightly together btw.
peace.

G

i would take what gmt sayes !! and do some real good listening to!
i have een much of this weed AND SORRY TO SAY IT IS BRICK , MEX WEED,, AND IT IS ALREADY MOLDED. sometimes you find great genes in these plants but more times you find problems ,, it is grown in mass crops si just think about that for 1 sec as a grower!! you best off stayin with the hybrids!!

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
nooely said:
if you ask me..its dirt..anything with seeds in the buds..takes from the bud..all the n.r.g goen into making the seeds instead of the good stuff..T.H.C..you will get stoned..but more like 2 of 10..

um... i don't know about that. i've smoked seeded vs. non-seeded, same strain, grown by the same person. not a lot of difference let me tell you... so long asyou picked out all the seeds before rolling it up, it's all good.

Mampi

nooley let me be the first to say that those are some frikkin nice lookin buds there fella! Grown by a decent grower to by the looks of things.... what is that strain?

pascal, cheers for the information man.... that's obviosuly what my mate was trying to explain to me without the refinement of your post :D

sunsimilator.... see I'm thinking that a large problem with the debate were having is that thing puddle that we call the Atlantic :D I betting that your on the other side of it than I am and don't actually get this same shit right here.... What you describe is what is refered to as 'commercial' over here. Which is NOT what u see in the pic I posted.

The stuff in the pic I posted actually had no more than 3 seeds in a quater oz. and I KNOW for a FACT that it's indeed from Jamacia and what we call highgrade here.

Your right in the fact that the seed may throw up any possibilty of options both good and bad but that goes with most strains no? Anyway point being that you would have to smoke this shit to understand what I am saying.... I understand when dewds from the U.S figure it's bunk but I would have thought G.MT being british wouyld have some across a good draw of 'ses' in his time as he seems to know a thing or 2 :chin:

Cheers to all for your replies :yes:

Ciao!

redrider

BRICK

BRICK

After living in Colombia the better part of 3 year I agree 100% with PazVerdeRadical. There is some really good compressed weed, thats been grown right (not very seedy) and dried and cured a bit before compression. And I have had seeded weed down here that is every bit as potent as sinsemilla.

Mampi I think you got a real exotic treat there, smoke up and enjoy the vibe.

E

ebbnflow

^ That picture shure makes me even more glad i am growing. nasty stuff^

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm just not interested in anything not indica dominant full stop to be honest. Different tastes, different choices. I didn't realise when you posted that you had grown out a selection of genes and had considered that bud favourably. I have as I said tried something that came in from jamaica in 99, that was refered to as ses. I dont know if thats a specific or generic term, or just bullshit. I wasn't into it, and it was a lot cheaper than the durban poison (which I'm not really into either). If ya like it and know the risks etc etc hey fill yer boots. All I asked was to see how the thing grows.
I figured I'd be a good samaritan and post what I knew on the topic, maybe save you 6 months of growing something you wish you hadnt bothered with. But it may turn out great. The intention was always positive. But ultimately, it doesnt affect me, I grow what I like, what others like is up to them. Personally I think there is more to gain from growing a worked strain than a landrace, and carefull breeeding than random breeding, but that again is just personal choice. Certainly not an attack on anyone.

Tandare

I tried some brown dirt smelling weed in the late 70's and it would really get you stoned.
I enjoyed the taste very much and was told at the time it was from Jamaca :)
good luck with the grow.
Lets hope its not a male.
If so and you really enjoyed the high and taste.
Then you could always save a tad of pollen and dust one bud for future seeds.
Tandare

Heres some shots of some buds we scored in Jamaica. The effects, smell, and hashy taste were a nice treat. The bud was very sticky and very smooth to toke.

The best part about it was it was $17 US for @ an ounce! I had chosen about ten seeds from various buds but got paranoid and ditched them before i left :badday:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
redrider said:
After living in Colombia the better part of 3 year I agree 100% with PazVerdeRadical. There is some really good compressed weed, thats been grown right (not very seedy) and dried and cured a bit before compression. And I have had seeded weed down here that is every bit as potent as sinsemilla.

Mr. Redrider, hola hermano, como va eso?
man, i still have problems facing the fact that cannabis is illegal, what a fucking bummer lol... imagine what our countries' herb would be like? if nowdays one can find some real good stuff, just imagine... growing without that fear of getting caught either... but it sure is a lot less easier to get off the charges here than in other countries though, thankfully.
anyway, some of the best commercial compressed colombian i have had was something that was sold to us by the simple name of Corinto, they called it as well Corintiano, although recently, a friend that is in Bogota told me Corinto and Mango Biche are the same strain?. well, these bud had very few seeds, a beautiful natural green colour, great smell, great taste, incredible high! it was a very eye-afecting cannabis, made shapes and colours really sharp and deep, very trippy you would say. the high lasted a good solid hour and the downer was very forgiving. some guys i know got a hold of 1k of it brought directly to them from the place where it was grown, or so i was told... i didn't save seeds from it though, i'm a dumb ass, i know :pointlaug

much peace!

G

people are wierd...dudes your on the internet you have no idea what that is. Dont try, have some faith for realz. I dont know how someone thinks there knowledge extends through broadband connection. Dont knock it til you try it. You should be smacked for your ignorance. I nice backhander to straighten your mouth. Not really, but for real where does your judgement kindle? This dude made a post to share his goods. I dont think there should be any negative comments period. You disagree keep it to yourself. Mampi have a good time bakin.

PEACE

Last edited:

redrider

A long time ago all the killer weed was compressed and red, gold or brown in color and most times had a good bit of seed. Looks don't mean that much as far as the high is concerned, I"ve had everything from brown dirt weed that would get ya high as a kite to bright lime green skunky smelling stuff that only produced a headach. But looking at a bud pic and judging weather its good or not is like looking at a glass of wine and trying to say if it taste good or bad. To be honest I have had a few batches of really bad looking weed that was remarkably good (high).

Latest posts

Latest posts