Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > 2019 Cherry Bomb

Thread Title Search
2019 Cherry Bomb Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2019, 08:24 AM #31
skubee

skubee will become famous soon enough

Cherry bomb from 2017. Had a defficiency onset of flower but pulled through. Sugar leaves always pointed down through all of flowering. Really dense. Was only one i had though. Would grow again. Will grow again. Thanks Mr Greengenes n Gas.
skubee is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:40 PM #32
tcherno

tcherno will become famous soon enoughtcherno will become famous soon enough
Superb variety, unfortunately for me I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to try it.

extract from the swami site concerning shipping

Sorry, no overseas orders can be accepted due to the EXTREME sucking involved with overseas companies .

tcherno is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2019, 04:03 PM #33
grayeyes

grayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nice
Angus,

You have now complained three times about where I started this thread.

Do you realize what a whiner you are showing yourself?

You are better than this.
grayeyes is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:05 PM #34
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngakpa View Post
yes

because the Kerala was reproduced by open pollination
By how many specimen and was the environment the same as where this Kerala was coming from?

In volcanic soil we trust

Quote:
The natural state in which hemp appears was and is dioecious. Monoeciousness is artificial in hemp, it can only exist with the help of man, and without selection, the dioecious state will return in two or three generations. I. Bócsa (RIP)
Quote:
BTW that pluton sucked. We grew it outside-looked awesome, smelled great, everything but when dried, it had 0% high.
Quote:
I see it as a kind of wonder drug of our time - Dr.Lester Grinspoon
mexcurandero420 is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2019, 10:20 PM #35
Mr. Greengenes
Re-incarnated Senior Member

Mr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud of
Quote:
the Kerala was reproduced by open pollination
IIRC, I began open pollinating CB at around F8. At that time, it was more like rogue-ing about 20%, but by F10-12 it was almost 'open'. Also, like to point out that when I began talking about it on OG in the early 2000's, the term open pollination was rarely (if ever) heard on a cannabis forum.

skubee, thanks so much for the very kind words and that is a slamming picture! I hope you don't mind, I'm sure Mrs. Greengenes is going to steal that for IG!

tcherno, I'll inquire around maybe I can find someone over the pond there who has CB. I gave Verdant Green some, but I'm not sure if he plans to run and make seeds. You might try hitting him up.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:01 AM #36
ngakpa

ngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayeyes View Post
Angus,

You have now complained three times about where I started this thread.

Do you realize what a whiner you are showing yourself?

You are better than this.
what I'm interested to do is draw people's attention to what a landrace actually is

a landrace forum seems like the right place to do that

Cherry Bomb isn't a landrace, because it's been maintained through selective methods that aren't used in traditional Afghan hash farming

hope that's clear

thanks
ngakpa is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2019, 09:38 AM #37
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond reputemexcurandero420 has a reputation beyond repute
What is called a landrace doesn't depend on traditional Afghan hash farming and what kind of standards they use in their farming methods.

Cherrybomb to me its more what we call a heirloom, although according to some that the lineage of Maui Wowie is Southern Mexican x Afghan and then backcrossed to the Mexican cultivar, so what is used in the beginning are two landrace cultivars.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:49 AM #38
ngakpa

ngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to beholdngakpa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexcurandero420 View Post
What is called a landrace doesn't depend on traditional Afghan hash farming and what kind of standards they use in their farming methods.

Cherrybomb to me its more what we call a heirloom, although according to some that the lineage of Maui Wowie is Southern Mexican x Afghan and then backcrossed to the Mexican cultivar, so what is used in the beginning are two landrace cultivars.
in the context of cannabis, traditional cultivation methods absolutely are a crucial point in the definition of what's a real landrace

also, your point about Cherry Bomb possibly being a hybrid is another key concern:

the provenance of these plants is very often either unknown or contested, and that applies to many alleged pure Afghans like Ortega etc.
ngakpa is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:54 AM #39
funkyhorse

funkyhorse has a spectacular aura aboutfunkyhorse has a spectacular aura aboutfunkyhorse has a spectacular aura aboutfunkyhorse has a spectacular aura aboutfunkyhorse has a spectacular aura about
Merriam Webster has a very interesting definition of landrace:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Landrace

I would think Kerala is only landrace at its place of origin but in Northern England it would become a heirloom. Environment and photoperiods are different.

Open pollination not in its natural environment is not landrace anymore and becomes adapted to a new recreated artificial environment. Therefore a landrace becomes heirloom

If I bring a northern hemisphere genetic to the southern hemisphere, it certainly is not landrace anymore, it will have to adapt not only to a new environment but also to a different sun:
https://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/lo...ne_record.html

I would suggest to change the name of the forum and make it Landraces and Heirlooms, this is how everybody will be happy

Mr Greengenes: it would be nice if there would be a world distributor of your genetics, so people outside of USA could have a chance to try your Cherry Bomb.
funkyhorse is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2019, 11:09 AM #40
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngakpa View Post
in the context of cannabis, traditional cultivation methods absolutely are a crucial point in the definition of what's a real landrace

also, your point about Cherry Bomb possibly being a hybrid is another key concern:

the provenance of these plants is very often either unknown or contested, and that applies to many alleged pure Afghans like Ortega etc.
Here in Europe we have landraces too, fully adapted to the environment.Hungary is a good example, but what funkyhorse above wrote, when you cultivate those cultivars in the UK or in Spain, its not a landrace anymore, because the environment is different.To preserve a landrace, you'll need at least an acre to preserve all the traits.