Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Any " one hit weed " back in the 1970's ?

Thread Title Search
Any " one hit weed " back in the 1970's ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2019, 02:35 PM #71
sillyphilly

sillyphilly has a spectacular aura aboutsillyphilly has a spectacular aura aboutsillyphilly has a spectacular aura aboutsillyphilly has a spectacular aura about
Great read

While only being born in 71 i really dont have the knowledge of these strains accept from parents and my uncle who was in nam. But to me the thought provoking sativas from back then were far better then the one hit your asleep weed of today! Ive grown 100's of pounds of weed w my uncle who would just sit in the greenhouse drinking his piss warm beer, and smoke ourselves stupid. Hed tell us stories of the war and he was a bulldozer driver, he said a strain called Vietnamese black would be everywhere and he would hang a couple colas next to the engine to dry. He said it was like tar on a stick but got you so high you would almost forget what you were doin. As far as the piss warm beer he got accustomed to it due to the fact the wasnt much ice in nam out where he was. When he passed i was given his stash box from my aunt and there must be 200 seeds in there some in film cannisters some in tin foil but she said he couldnt find that box for dam near 40 years but when she cleaned out the house to sell she found it. I wonder 1 if they are viable and 2 is there anything like the vb he described in there? Thanx
sillyphilly is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:10 PM #72
romanoweed

romanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of light
sillyphilly

I strongly advice you to read Forums on how to germinate old Seeds. There are 2 o 3 Forums on how to do it with 30 Year old Seeds. Dont mess this up since old Vietnamese are the real deal, and you might have some of the last Remains. There are only 2 remaining Vietnamese Seedlines, wich are from 70s, a third died out couple years ago, but was alive not long ago.. All 3 Lines have Smokereports of highest order. They are very psychodelic. Newer Vietnamese i seem to hear arent the same in most of cases.
If you manage to germinate them, shure pollinate every Plant with every Plant, Attention when open pollinating with multiple males there might be predominance of early male, so maybe pollinate every female with every male by hand in different spots SEPARATE...

If you only get one single plant, i or some of my contacts may give you one of the 3 remaining vietnamese-Lines, to atleast preserve 50 Percent of these Genes. So, plan this worst case, trough contacting me, or i contact you for giving my contacts to you. Got it. ?

Good luck
I think if you get something, wich is possible even after 40 years, there is quiet good chance it is Gold!
Aswell, let them sit in a cool, but never too near of Freezing temperatures(they could die then), dont let to much moisture to them. Place Rice corn or silica-gel packet into the airthight container, to suck up moisture...

Links to the Forums for germination old seeds:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334985

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=327379

more to find..

There are more suche Threads on icmag. Sometimes you will have to use google to find things better, cause sometimes search-algorythm isnt perfect on icmag.. Google this frase, or similar:

germinating old seeds site:www.icmag.com

personal mail me on icmag if questions
romanoweed is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 03:47 PM #73
Im'One

Im'One is just really niceIm'One is just really niceIm'One is just really niceIm'One is just really niceIm'One is just really niceIm'One is just really niceIm'One is just really niceIm'One is just really niceIm'One is just really nice
Most od what i smoked in the 1970s was fan leaves and ahake. Ocassionally i would get lucky...brother in law had some rhtat was laced with hash pil made in everclear.

It was typical back then for a person to not get off on the first time toking? Maybe most was so weak we had to get a build up of thc in their system?
Im'One is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 04:13 PM #74
romanoweed

romanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of lightromanoweed is a glorious beacon of light
Imone.
Ok, it might be weak too, forgot abit about the strongness/weakness of vietnamese in overall, but.. Atleast it CAN doo it for real, and rather only the untouched old Lines might be able to do that.
romanoweed is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 05:58 PM #75
CaptainDankness

CaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant futureCaptainDankness has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyphilly View Post
While only being born in 71 i really dont have the knowledge of these strains accept from parents and my uncle who was in nam. But to me the thought provoking sativas from back then were far better then the one hit your asleep weed of today! Ive grown 100's of pounds of weed w my uncle who would just sit in the greenhouse drinking his piss warm beer, and smoke ourselves stupid. Hed tell us stories of the war and he was a bulldozer driver, he said a strain called Vietnamese black would be everywhere and he would hang a couple colas next to the engine to dry. He said it was like tar on a stick but got you so high you would almost forget what you were doin. As far as the piss warm beer he got accustomed to it due to the fact the wasnt much ice in nam out where he was. When he passed i was given his stash box from my aunt and there must be 200 seeds in there some in film cannisters some in tin foil but she said he couldnt find that box for dam near 40 years but when she cleaned out the house to sell she found it. I wonder 1 if they are viable and 2 is there anything like the vb he described in there? Thanx
As long as they where kept dry theirs a good chance some will sprout. Just make sure you open pollinate them and gift or sell seeds I'm sure plenty of people would love to get ahold of old-school landrace Vietnam Black especially if it's as good as he claimed. Definitely spread them genetics,
CaptainDankness is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 02:29 AM #76
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
I stopped being curious about the “name” of the bag contents a while ago, when I realized the names were more for fun than for anything useful. I was fairly well connected until recently, but I found Blue Dream, Durban Poison, and Jack Herer disappointing.

I mean, they worked, but nothing so special as to deserve a name. It makes ‘learning’ about strains kind of a mess.
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 02:42 AM #77
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I was 15 the first time I bought a quarter pound.
"What kind is it?" I asked.
"What kind do you want it to be? "

Lol.
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:49 PM #78
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to all
one hit weed??? - never ever had any, but then i've only been smokin since 1969...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2019, 06:54 PM #79
grayeyes

grayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nice
I can remember from the late '60's scoring some Michoacan that you couldn't roll a pinner small enough to get through. And it was psychodelic so you got all kinds of hallicinations with the fun.

Sure can't find anything that good anymore. Somewhere there has to be somebody from a farming family who stored seeds before Milhaus sprayed everything with Paraquat.
grayeyes is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2019, 09:09 PM #80
Mr. Greengenes
Re-incarnated Senior Member

Mr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud of
This was a fun thread to read, many thoughtful posts by knowledgeable folks.

Quote:
Mr Greengenes ( RIP )
I know this quote was from 2017, but I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that 'rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!' Matter of fact, I have a 3 year old son*, so I'd like to hang around a couple more years!

I think the whole 'one hit' thing is forgetting that we had very potent hashish in the 70's too. As has already been pointed out, hash varied a lot depending on the genetics that went into it. Not all of it killed conversation and made you contemplate your navel. I recall the Red Lebanese as being quite social and fun to smoke with friends.