Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > CBD for cats?

Thread Title Search
CBD for cats? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2019, 06:47 PM #1
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to all
CBD for cats?

Does it seem to work? I just bought some CBD cat treats for my old kitty who has slowed down some over the years. I gave him one, but I suppose it will be an hour or so before it kicks in. Thanks
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2019, 07:27 PM #2
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
... then get back to us in 1.5 hrs and let us know how kitty makes out

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2019, 08:13 PM #3
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to allBOMBAYCAT is a name known to all
He is walking around a bit smoother. He is also holding his tail up in the air. I think in cat that means he is feeling good.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:28 PM #4
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL, good

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 02:57 AM #5
Drewsif

Drewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of light
Just don't give up him any terps. Cats are very sensitive to phenols etc. (Ultimate drug sniffing animal, except they aren't bitch ass narcs like dogs)

"But Brawndo's got what plants crave."
Drewsif is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:28 AM #6
cjig

cjig is on a distinguished road
Our bodies and our cat's bodies are naturally producing cannabinoids which are called endocannabinoids. Thus, when you use CBD oil for cats, you are supplementing your cat's endocannabinoid system.
cjig is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2019, 10:14 AM #7
shawn.hamilton

shawn.hamilton is on a distinguished road
I was confused to use CBD for my kitty as well. I was searching for research article about this topic and found this helpful post on Grass Chief blog. It really helped me. I've learned that CBD has been found helpful in treating in animals similar symptoms for which it is prescribed for human use. You can read more here Pot for Pets: Medical Cannabis for Cats & Dogs
shawn.hamilton is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2019, 11:57 AM #8
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
My cats are old now, but they grew up eating fan and trim leaves etc.
They sure do enjoy it.
Have a friend who grows delightful catnip, that her cats respond to wonderfully.
Sent me home with lots of it, which my cats promptly ignored.
Heaven forbid a stray bud hit the floor here, that they will bat all over the house,
as if they were kittens until it is no more.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:03 PM #9
BOMBAYCAT

I think the cat has figured out that when he gets the CBD cat treats, he feels better. So far I am using a low dosage with it. I read that about half the cats just don't get off on catnip. My cat likes it a little, but my friend's cats go crazy with it. When I bring a grocery bag full, they have even figured how to get the bag open to get at it. My cat also likes MMJ leaves. If I accidentally leave the grow room door open, kitty helps himself to some leaves.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:50 PM #10
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
I’ve tried store bought catnip and the cat was unimpressed, bought catnip seed and have grown it several years, cat still doesn’t care about it.

She is very interested in cannabis and prefers the fresh leaves she can reach. She will eat dried leaves but seems to prefer fresh. . I keep a few plants at ground level under flouro lights in a room she can visit, and she will eat at least once a day that I can tell.
These are primarily high thc plants I assume, someday I’ll try a high cbd plant to see if that’s any better
redlaser is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.