Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Propagation > Sorting Through A Bunch Of Seeds In A Small Space

Thread Title Search
Sorting Through A Bunch Of Seeds In A Small Space Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2019, 06:27 AM #71
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
I would say about 70-80% of the time the taller plants are male for me, and also the shorter ones when transplanted that end up being female, have a more developed root system compared to the taller plants.
redlaser is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:23 PM #72
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
I know, right? I did a seed run last year, and I was like, damn. I can't believe I've been paying all this $$$ for seeds when it's this easy to make your own. It gave me a whole new perspective on seeds and growing and the potential of the genetics I already have.

I found this out 10-12 years ago and my damn seed stash is way more than I can handle by myself. But I'm reluctant to give away a lot of my work because some of my seed runs have been small. When I make WAY more seeds than I can use I give a bunch away to friends and future growers and at least a couple times in the past, to the server fund and for freebies. There hasn't been any mexi schwag in my area for a very long time!

Seeds are way more valuable than gold, imo.

And that site linked earlier is a very good secondary resource for information.
MJPassion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:49 PM #73
Tahoe22

Tahoe22 has a spectacular aura aboutTahoe22 has a spectacular aura aboutTahoe22 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaser View Post
I would say about 70-80% of the time the taller plants are male for me, and also the shorter ones when transplanted that end up being female, have a more developed root system compared to the taller plants.
+1
Usually same experience as you, but have been susprised by a couple lines before where 90-95% of the female population turned out to be real tall and branchy and the males were super squat and bushy
Tahoe22 is offline Quote