What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Topogrow 2 n 1 grow tents, any experience?

J-Icky

Well after much convincing I was able to order one of these topogrow 2 n 1 grow tents, the 36 x 24 one.
I know I should have asked before actually making the purchase but I was too busy trying to convince my SO to let me get one in the first place. I know I won’t be getting a top of the line, best product out there but I am hoping to at least get a functional product that won’t have tons of light leaks.

So does anyone here have any experience with these specific tents or even justbthe brand? Any info would be great.

I’m currently growing in a 26x24x60 cabinet. It has worked well, but to do anything with clones or seedlings or even just veg while I have plants in flower would require one or more addition cabinets or totes or whatever. Unfortunately I live in the wonderful world of prohibition land And can’t have a bunch of different things all over to maintain a perpetual grow to supply myself with decent cannabis. I also have to be discrete as possible. This tent just stood out as an ideal product for my situation as I can finally keep clones and veg while I have plants in flower, all in one area that’s big enough to supply my small use.

J-Icky

Well I got it today and have it mostly setup. The only reason I’m not completely done is the divider. It’s a stiff fabric that has a Mylar on each side and attaches with Velcro. I can’t get it to secure properly but will give it another go tomorrow as I got a late start on setting it up today and just don’t feel like messing with it any more. The rest of the setup only took roughly 30 minutes and was pretty straight forward. The directions were pretty lacking as all they were was a rendering or the frame completed with small numbers next to each piece to indicate what part it was. They gave no instructions on how to get the “tent” on the frame or how to setup the insert although getting the tent on the frame was really simple.

So far I’d give it a positive review. It’s got a metal tube frame painted white. The material for the tent is heavy duty and won’t tear easy. The zippers seen solid and have flap on each side to create a double light block. My only issues are the lack of instructions on putting in the divider “wall” and that with the flap on each side of the zipper you have to be careful not to snag it on either flap. I could see someone who is impatient getting the zipper jammed pretty easily if they weren’t paying attention or were in a hurry. Oh and the holes for the fans are in a strange location for a small tent. The large one is in the center from the sides but about 8” off back and is on the top of the tent meaning you’d have have a small filter and then run a 90deg elbow off it and have the fan on thebout side. The one on the rear wall is only 3” and now I will either have to rig up my filter and fan outside the tent somehow or get 2 4-3” adapters and run one off the filter out the tent and the other connected through the rear wall hole and back up to the 4” to attach it to my fan on the outside of the tent.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Interesting tent. One of the reviews on amazon says they have lots of pinholes due to the stitching. Best to keep it in a dark room or put up light blocking around it.

I usually set my tents up to suck air from the tent and blow it through a scrubber. I set the fan up on the outside of the tent. This tent would need 2 fans and scrubbers. I build plenums for my intakes, large enough to use high micron furnace filters on. The filters keep dust and bugs and other problems off your plants and exhausting through carbon scrubbers controls odor very well. :)

I was looking at this brand thinking going with a dual tent but I'm skeptical with light leaks. Im just gonna go with a small tent for veg only. 2x2x4. Still doing some research but I think this is the way I am leaning.