What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Epsom salts PK Boosters

Athos

Any of you use epsom salts? I have a plant in flower and I wonder how much should I use, be it gr per liter (or gallon) or EC/PPM wise. My tap water is really soft (0.04 EC / 20 PPM).

Second, normally I use bloom nutes only after the soil is starting to become depleted. Recently I have got my hands on a PK booster with NPK of (5-32-40), when should I use this and how much of it (EC / PPM values)?

Easy7

Veteran
5-32-40 is potent stuff, so not much needed.

As for epsom, I just top dressed blueberries that needed some mg. For blueberries or tomatoes, 1 tablespoon per foot of plant once a month. Given no other sources of magnesium.

As for tds or ec values that would take some reading. I like to go less slightly. Messing stuff up is harder to fix, than slightly less

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Any of you use epsom salts? I have a plant in flower and I wonder how much should I use, be it gr per liter (or gallon) or EC/PPM wise. My tap water is really soft (0.04 EC / 20 PPM).

Second, normally I use bloom nutes only after the soil is starting to become depleted. Recently I have got my hands on a PK booster with NPK of (5-32-40), when should I use this and how much of it (EC / PPM values)?
it is better to feed more often than use high strength chit :) That NPK booster is designed for normal gardening (ground) not container growing.

Easy7

Veteran
Quick reading on a
Flower Fuel 1-34-32

Well they say 1.25 grams per gallon for hydro. So Try a half gram per gallon of water, then adjust ever so little at a time. If you start to get leaf tip burn, then you have a good idea.

I stay away from over powering chems myself. They are really good for hydro, or large cheap grows where fert cost is a major issue. The problem is each bit of water needs ph adjusted, compared to just letting organics do there job.