What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Korean Natural Farming Methods/Techniques

BillFarthing

Veteran
EM5

EM5

EM5 - The commercial version of OHN.

EM5 is often used as a type of homemade pesticide. The fermentation extracts properties out of plant materials and the alcohol and retains them in the liquid. The EM•1® in the recipe is the fermentation catalyst. EM•1® itself has no pesticide qualities at all. This is an all-natural concoction that can be made by anyone and is in no way harmful to humans or animals. It combines water, EM•1®, a distilled spirit, molasses, and vinegar. The most successful programs with EM5 involve alternating its applications with Activated EM•1® and EMFPE. EM5 is effective for reducing pest populations because EM5 contains esters formed by mixing acetic acid and alcohol, which provokes intestinal intoxication.

The formula for one gallon of EM5 is as follows (1:1:1:1:20):

3/4 C LAB
3/4 C Molasses
3/4 C Vinegar (white or apple cider)
3/4 C distilled alcohol (vodka, whiskey, tequila)
Add some other plant material (fresh hot peppers or garlic...or fresh herbs that have known pesticide properties like mint leaves, lavender, eucalyptus, mella luca, neem, etc.)
Fill the gallon container with warm water (110-120ºF)
Seal and ferment until pH goes below 4.0

Spray EM5 alternately with EM•1® or EM•1® Fermented Plant Extract through a hose-end sprayer. The thought here is to prevent the pests from getting used to or building a tolerance to the same product.

Often people will set up an informal program as follows (Diluting the AEM•1®, EM5, or EM FPE with 500 parts water):
Week One: Apply EM•1®, 1 gallon for 1/2 acre property
Week Two: Apply EM5, 1 gallon for 1/2 acre property
Week Three: Apply EM FPE, 1 gallon for 1/2 acre property
Week Four: Apply AEM•1®, 1 gallon for 1/2 acre property

Dakine

Veteran
Awesome Post Bill!! I’m glad A few growers are getting the itch to try Korean Natural Farming Methods!!

I wish I saved some more post in the beginning though lol, I’d like to put those shots you posted up in the front so people don’t miss them!!

I’m gonna post these in the Calcium Post, But this is what I’m currently doing along side some Ripe Mango FFJ. After the shells are done soaking in Organic Apple Cider Vinegar I’ll wash some of em and throw em in the worm bin but I’ll also sprinkle some on top my no-till beds and HugelKultur Mounds

Attachments

• A370DE42-19E5-4B6E-BB7F-642F3AAD62C7.jpg
    A370DE42-19E5-4B6E-BB7F-642F3AAD62C7.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 108

BillFarthing

Veteran
I would like to know how Build A Soil keeps their hemp, comfrey, and pumpkin ferments so low odor. I get using LAB serum, but pewzus! Mine stinks like a rendering plant.

artfullDODGER33

KNF and IMO indoors

KNF and IMO indoors

Have been reading up on KNF Master Cho & Chris Trump etc...

Then got to wondering if I could apply this indoors without bringing anything from Outdoors (Googled and stumbled over this thread...as already a member though I wld post....IE: can I collect IMO in Part cooked rice from the top off My Bio Bizz AllMix 3 Gal Pots with some dead leaf Scattered over.

I had added Mycorrhizae and Trichoderma Fungus's 6+ wks ago along with Fish Blood Bonemeal, Bat Guano, Palm tree ashes and chicken manure pellets and feed with un-chlorinated water with Organic Molasses/Vinesse 20% Liquid Humate(Leonardite mined)

I have been extremely happy with the results achieved so far but would like to collect My own Beneficial Fungus and Bacteria rather than having to purchase and add these during potting.

Any recommendations gratefully appreciated:dance013:

crisduar

first I wanted to apologize for my English which is the google translator, and then give my sincere thanks to the author of this thread for sharing this valuable information. I have several questions about this system.
1-are many stimulators and fertilizers how to use them all or how to know what should I use and in what dose and how often taking into account that our crops can be six weeks or five weeks of flowering?
2-when should you stop using them according to this fertilization technology when should you stop inoculating these microorganisms?
3-what type of floor should I use?

I have done em1 I think that in this line they call imo and serum of lactobacilli but this time I will use your recipes thanks.

Skizzle42

I am going to try this IMO collection method. I used the outdoor method but it is too dry in my area now. Have you ever made FFJ with blackberries? Will this swee and tart fruit work on cannabis.

crisduar

Hello good morning here I leave some images of my lactobacillus and a trap for earthworm humus microorganisms

Greetings and good humus :)

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG-20170925-WA0090.jpg
    IMG-20170925-WA0090.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG-20171011-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20171011-WA0019.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG-20171207-WA0057.jpg
    IMG-20171207-WA0057.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-20171207-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20171207-WA0038.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 110

antheis

Veteran
chris trump (knf guru) says to add sea salt to dechlorinated water. but i don't recall the ratio.

FermentingSpain

Hi y'all, first of all have to thank darkine for this awsome post and thanks to everyone helping each others with KNf techniques.
I've been fermenting for 3-4 years or so here in Spain, never ever worried about PH parameters.
Now I'm growing some beans and I got some kind of roots block, I think It was ph...
I'm watering the seedlings only with 6 parts OHN and water.
This particular OHN I've made it approx 1,5 year ago, I know that OHN after a year must be reduced their ratio.
I was using 0,5ml per lider o water, didn't checked ph but after couple weeks with the babies without growing I've decided to check it, and here are the parameters:
3,9-4 ph 1ml ohn 1L water
4,3 ph 1ml ohn 2L water
4,6-4,7 ph 1ml ohn 3L water
4,9-5 ph 1ml ohn 4L water
5,3-5,5 ph 1ml ohn 5l water
So I think I were fucked by ph
Now the babies are nice, they were one week only water and they must be couple weeks more with only water to clear the soil.
Tomorrow I will check the ph parameters of the veg nute mix, FAA + LAB + OHN before I have to use it.
If anyone can help me or advance me with some tips on the ph parameter I would be really thanks. ✌��

FermentingSpain

Hi y'all, I've checked again ph and ec parameters, also on some +1yo FAA gave by a friend.

My tap water parameters are 7,4 ph // 0,8 ec
I've checked again my 1yo 6parts OHN and it was 5,5 ph // 0,15 ec
The FAA was 6,4 ph // 0,15 ec, really nice af, didn't expected that.

When mixed 0,2 ml OHN + 1ml FAA per one liter of tap water the parameters were 5,9 ph // 0,14 ec

I've read somewhere that salt are alkaline, so I added a bit of Mediterranean Sea Water
This are the parameters:
-0,2 ml OHN + 1ml FAA + 12,5ml SW per liter: 6,1 ph // 1,10 ec
-0,2 ml OHN + 1ml FAA + 25ml SW per liter: 6,2 ph // 2,13 ec
-0,2 ml OHN + 1ml FAA + 37,5ml SW per liter: 6,3-6,4 ph // 2,97 ec
-0,2 ml OHN + 1ml FAA + 50ml SW per liter: 6,4-6,5 ph // 3,72 ec
-0,2 ml OHN + 1ml FAA + 62,5ml SW per liter: 6,6 ph // 4,86

I've increase to much the sea water cause the ph didn't go up as quickly as I thought ����*♂️ but the ec goes crazy.
Seen this parameters I must find something alkaline without that much amount of salts...
But I always added a big splash of SW without any problem.
Cho said that the ratio of SW is 1 liter sea water to 30 liter water, 0,033ml SW per liter = 0,16ml per 5 liter water.
Always seems to me not enough so i add like 5-10ml SW per liter, but now I will take care of using it.
If anyone can help me or if anyone knows if sea water salts are not as dangerous as bottled nute salts would be awsome. Thanks in advance guys��
I will check soon the new ferments I'm making, mostly FFJ for transition and bloom stage.

Latest posts

Latest posts