What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lightweight Peat's Mucky Muck soil testing

jidoka

look at the horiba that goes from 0-9999 i will pm you what you def need to be below to stop pest/disease

HillMizer

Great thread Biggreg. Can't believe I'm just coming in at page 50. Sorry you started up with no crowd. The gang's all here now, it'll be 500 pages soon. I've got some catching up to do. .:lurk:

Is there any difference in a k2 test from spectrum and a normal spectrum test in regards to the way it was scooped?

I am wondering if you determine amendments the same way you would with the two? I dont want to run numbers thru the calc in the same way if it's totally wrong. If this was already brought up I'm too stupid to remember

plantingplants

No difference as far as SN has told us. Just shake times and aa.

So to translate between the two, assume your iron and aluminum is higher and Ca is lower (since the normal spectrum test is m3 with no aa8.2 right?).

G

For what its worth I just got back results for a K3 test I asked for from Spectrum.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

G

How are your plants doing in that soil stew?
Not planted yet. Soil is only about 3 cf mixed in a container last march. Added worms and have been letting it go all summer. Feed the worms a bit. Kept it damp. In a couple weeks I plan on dropping seeds for a indoor tent small grow.

Arnold.

Fantastic thread Biggred!

Thanks for sharing all this. If you pm me I think I can share a valuable tool for you.

Is there any lab on earth you can recommend at this point in time for a peat based substrate? :)

Last edited: