Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > 6x6 rockwool(hugo) knowledge share

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
6x6 rockwool(hugo) knowledge share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2013, 05:29 AM #11
Ras Mason

Ras Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really nice
Smile

sure it works, just not best scenario. i admit it is easier to manage than a drip system, but uses more water for no reason.
peace.
Ras Mason is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 AM #12
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant future
Turbo14- couple?s as I just started messin around with these and likem so far..... How much veg time on average and what strains u running??? 2 per light on everything even ogs and other low yielders....
stoney917 is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2013, 01:57 PM #13
Big_Al_Wang

Big_Al_Wang will become famous soon enough
turbo, whats your veg times for 9-12 on a 4x4 for those yields? Sure it is made for drip, but have seen results in flood. One tip from a friend is the use of Drip Clean when flooding rockwool to avoid buildup.

Everything wasn't meant to be remembered. Bet if your ass owes me some money, i"ll remember that shit.
Big_Al_Wang is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2013, 01:58 PM #14
Big_Al_Wang

Big_Al_Wang will become famous soon enough
turbo, whats your veg times for 9-12 on a 4x4 for those yields? Sure it is made for drip, but have seen results in flood. One tip from a friend is the use of Drip Clean when flooding rockwool to avoid buildup.

Everything wasn't meant to be remembered. Bet if your ass owes me some money, i"ll remember that shit.
Big_Al_Wang is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2013, 02:27 AM #15
turbo14

turbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al_Wang View Post

12 plants per table = 2-2.5 Weeks Veg

9 plants per table = 2.5-3.5 Weeks Veg

I use drip clean when running drip to waste systems, but is defiantly not needed in rockwool ebb and flow if you run a lower consistent PPM instead of over fertilizing your plants. Less is more.

turbo

Old 10-11-2013, 10:26 PM #16
rbt

ROCK WOOL start to germ in start plugs 2 days after germ, 4x4 cubes then when the start to show root on bottom I put on split 6" cubes in half ebb and flo once a day 5 minutes for 2 weeks, now 3 time a day for 3 minutes sitting on the 6" cubes now 25 days old since broke germ.Attachment 240095

Last edited by rbt; 03-04-2015 at 04:16 PM..

Old 11-08-2013, 07:18 PM #17
dlively11

dlively11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo14 View Post
12 plants per table = 2-2.5 Weeks Veg

9 plants per table = 2.5-3.5 Weeks Veg

I use drip clean when running drip to waste systems, but is defiantly not needed in rockwool ebb and flow if you run a lower consistent PPM instead of over fertilizing your plants. Less is more.

turbo

I am just getting ready to run 6x6 Hugos Ebb flow for the first time ever. Have always been hydroton and coco. What PPM do you use ? Do you ever do flushes during veg or bloom ? With rocks I always run 1400-1500 ppm. Once a week when I full res I let it run one day just plain water then add nutes the next.

Thanks
dlively11 is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2013, 07:39 PM #18
catalyte

catalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to all
good info in here.

Never used the 6x6's. Always wondered how they work in Ebb'n'flow.
catalyte is offline Quote

Old 11-11-2013, 12:10 AM #19
turbo14

turbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really niceturbo14 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlively11 View Post
I am just getting ready to run 6x6 Hugos Ebb flow for the first time ever. Have always been hydroton and coco. What PPM do you use ? Do you ever do flushes during veg or bloom ? With rocks I always run 1400-1500 ppm. Once a week when I full res I let it run one day just plain water then add nutes the next.

Thanks
I stay around 1000-1200 ppm consistently throughout flower. Less is more.

turbo

Old 11-11-2013, 05:31 AM #20
LyryC
Omnis Vita est Aequus

LyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant future
LyryC has completed 6 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
I am having trouble getting my HUGO blocks to show roots out the bottoms. I water them only when they are really light. Maybe I need to let them get bone dry.
The trouble is they are dry... Roots aren't going to search and expand into dry medium when they can stay snug and happy in the wet portion.

Rockwool should be wet - it can dry out - but not completely that the rootball is dry... This is really stressing the plants...

You need to overwater the cubes after you soak them. half strength nutes - then plant. 1 liter is over watering imo - even tho it has 3.4 L worth of medium in the hugo - 1 liter always gave off lots of run off.

Water daily but much less 1 cup 250ml and hte roots will expand out hte cube eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras Mason View Post
this medium is not conceived for flood and drain.
You are kidding right? This is the most bogus information I have read in a while on ICMag... Rockwool Cubes are thee most IDEAL Flood and Drain medium - lol its almost painful to try and explain this... a medium that is a single piece is far more clean - simple and advanced than anything else you flood and drain. no mess - super easy to prep - seriously hugos and deltas are so versatile its making me wonder why I ever went to coco!

Must of been supah stoned on that one!
Theres way too much incredible and awesome knowledge on ICMag, for anyone person to have the time to keep up with just a fraction of what this entire industry is doing. Politically, economically, medicinally, socially, recreationally changing the world, and eye salute you all, everyone of you, for helping make the world a better place, one grow at a time. Sat Nam
LyryC is offline Quote