Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Calculating Nutrient profiles for Canna, GH and PBP

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Calculating Nutrient profiles for Canna, GH and PBP Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2006, 10:44 PM #41
exactlywatt
Raise High the roof beam, carpenters!!

exactlywatt will become famous soon enoughexactlywatt will become famous soon enoughexactlywatt will become famous soon enough
Lucas was only around here for a short while but left TONS of great info...
exactlywatt is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2006, 01:59 PM #42
burnt out og'er

10k is a jewel in the rough10k is a jewel in the rough10k is a jewel in the rough10k is a jewel in the rough10k is a jewel in the rough10k is a jewel in the rough10k is a jewel in the rough10k is a jewel in the rough
10k is offline Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 09:54 PM #43

Thanks for the info!

Old 12-31-2006, 10:18 PM #44

So the Flora Nova series provide what the plants need in veg and flower? Is it appropriate to mix them in both veg and flower or are they stand alone ferts, grow for grow, bloom for bloom?? I see everyone coming up with cocktails of Nutes and it's getting to be a lil confusing. lol. Sorry!

Old 01-02-2007, 11:54 AM #45

i just read through this, and realize i have absolutely no clue about growin hydroponically other than equipment set up......... :(

Last edited by irishSoCo; 01-04-2007 at 08:24 AM..

Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 AM #46
bounty29
Custom User Title

bounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nicebounty29 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishSoCo
i just read through this, and realize i have absolutely no clue about growin hydroponically other than equipment set up......... :(
I know what you mean. When I was setting up my first grow I had a nice little DWC system ready to go, and then I thought about nutes. I realized I never saw a simple method of hydro fert schedule, other than from the manufacturers, which aren't the greatest indicator.

I decided to just go soilless (as in perlite/promix in containers, pseudo-soil) at first and get some 2 or 3 part nutes. I did that, and had a successful grow, but I feel it could've been a lot better if I knew the specifics of nutrients, and what the right PH does that is so vital to the plants.

During that grow I've just been continuing to browse the forums and learn more about this amazing hobby. After seeing how many different people use hydro and nutes, I realized it couldn't be that hard to get the right combination. Lucas Formula, from all I've seen, is a great beginner way to get into hydro. I've been playing around with an excel spreadsheet I made, inspired by this thread, ShroomDr's thread about nutrient thread here. There is a much much higher chance I'll be growing hydro for my second time around.

Last edited by bounty29; 01-10-2007 at 08:42 AM..
bounty29 is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 10:58 AM #47

so this is going to sound completely stupid to all you hydro growers (and possibly everybody else). But with a lot of these formulas I see massive tables of nutrients and the mixes to use. Are there some hydro nutes I can get (such as the 2 and 3 part "grow" "bloom" and "bud boost" systems) that I don't have to mix other than measuring out the correct amount from one bottle to mix into the water and add pH up and down to adjust pH? I'll do some more searching. I know how annoying it can be when someone asks without searching.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 PM #48
mace_ecam

mace_ecam will become famous soon enough
irishSoCo, you're looking for GH FloraNova.
The Bloom at 8-10ml is the same as 0-8-16.
mace_ecam is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 12:46 PM #49

so the gh floranova is a pretty basic system? Pretty much im looking for something thats harder to screw up. I'm just gonna be growing in a small cabinet so ill be doing SWC or DWC most likely if i go the hydro route. I might do a setup similar to the tinybubbler system in the stickies at the top of the hydro forum, but im thinking i probably will go for one larger container just so it will be easier to manage temps and pH if I go hydro.
thanks for all the help

Old 01-26-2007, 11:14 PM #50
dankiestog

so 8ml/gal Mirco and 22ml/gal bloom..the same levels the whole way...no up and then down...im going to try just want to get her right ...thanks great info..