What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine mmj patients sue over home inspections

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

No war has ever been won without fighting.

Ok.. I'll let Gandy know.

The war will end when they get tired of fighting it and nobody cares. You're almost there now. The proof? It's legal in 7 States already. Vermont just passed the legislation yesterday. Mark my words, the democrats will be screaming legalization next dog and pony show. Hell, don't be surprised to see the plant sneak into the background in they're promo shots.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gypsy had the same goal as you and there is a good chance he will end up in federal prison, may not even get out alive. He doesn't deserve that, he never hurt anyone, just helped deliver great genetics and information around the world to overgrow the government....

...it's never going to end peacefully.

No.

I have the same goal as Gypsy. It is because of sites like Overgrow and ICmag that I gained an understanding of cannabis and how to safely supply my own medical needs without being dependent upon a criminal element.

CIVIL disobedience has a long proven path record of changing hearts and minds, resulting in lasting legislative changes. To say otherwise is absurd.

Their tactic of guns and force IS being defeated through a process of education. We aren't at the finish line but 26 states would indicate we haven't exactly failed in our mission.

Now you want to some how associate violence and domestic terrorism as being in line with the values of the cannabis movement as a whole?

WTF are you talking about? It's just absurd. Don't you even try to group the entire movement into whatever militaristic blaze of glory non-sense you have envisioned in your head.

The fact is, REAL MEN - understand when they go against the machine they are taking a known risk. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Live to fight another day.

In the abstract sense, it would serve my agenda more, to spend 5 years in a cell, running a cannabis college, continuing in my mission, to what is likely a VERY receptive audience - than it would to thump my chest and decide my ego trip is of more value than my life.

dank.Frank

CaptainDankness

No.

I have the same goal as Gypsy. It is because of sites like Overgrow and ICmag that I gained an understanding of cannabis and how to safely supply my own medical needs without being dependent upon a criminal element.

CIVIL disobedience has a long proven path record of changing hearts and minds, resulting in lasting legislative changes. To say otherwise is absurd.

Their tactic of guns and force IS being defeated through a process of education. We aren't at the finish line but 26 states would indicate we haven't exactly failed in our mission.

Now you want to some how associate violence and domestic terrorism as being in line with the values of the cannabis movement as a whole?

WTF are you talking about? It's just absurd. Don't you even try to group the entire movement into whatever militaristic blaze of glory non-sense you have envisioned in your head.

The fact is, REAL MEN - understand when they go against the machine they are taking a known risk. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Live to fight another day.

In the abstract sense, it would serve my agenda more, to spend 5 years in a cell, running a cannabis college, continuing in my mission, to what is likely a VERY receptive audience - than it would to thump my chest and decide my ego trip is of more value than my life.

dank.Frank
The drug war is about more than just cannabis and it's much bigger than just the states. 26 states approve "medical marijuana" you really believe you will be able to grow your own when big pharma comes out with their cannabinoid based drugs? I'm not so optimistic we almost had marijuana legalization before Ronald Reagan that worked out just great...

Jeff Sessions is coming for recreational marijuana and big pharma is going to provide medical marijuana. Maybe you will only get 5 years, but we have plenty of people doing life in prison for marijuana. The federal laws have not changed and federal law trumps state law.

Maybe you are willing to live out your days in a cage, but real men are willing to fight to the death for freedom against all odds. Them men are immortal William Wallace, George Washington, Alexander the Great, the 300 Spartans, etc.. Nobody is talking about anyone who did life in a slave camp hundreds of years ago and that's basically prison.

Freedom is not free, it comes from the blood of dead soldiers, real men, immortal men.

But to each his own, it only took 3% of the population to defeat the British Empire in the American Revolution of 1776. :tiphat: Obviously not everyone is willing to fight for freedom.

CaptainDankness

Ok.. I'll let Gandy know.

The war will end when they get tired of fighting it and nobody cares. You're almost there now. The proof? It's legal in 7 States already. Vermont just passed the legislation yesterday. Mark my words, the democrats will be screaming legalization next dog and pony show. Hell, don't be surprised to see the plant sneak into the background in they're promo shots.

Lol, Democrats.

And Gandhi?? Assassinated: January 30, 1948 yeah that worked out great.... Do you realize how many of his followers died? They didn't achieve much, certainly not freedom.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Lol, Democrats.

And Gandhi?? Assassinated: January 30, 1948 yeah that worked out great.... Do you realize how many of his followers died? They didn't achieve much, certainly not freedom.

OK. I'll let India and Pakistan know they still belong to the British. I don't think they got the memo. And do you think China would mind much backing off Kashmir too? That would be nice of them.

Do you know how many people would die in an armed revolt? For the right to smoke a joint? You are fucking crazy in the extreme.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you really believe you will be able to grow your own when big pharma comes out with their cannabinoid based drugs?

The federal laws have not changed and federal law trumps state law.

Obviously not everyone is willing to fight for freedom.

Yes. I will continue to grow my own when big pharma does whatever they decide to do. Much in the same way that federal laws have no actual merit on my decision to participate in cannabis activism currently.

I do not live in a medical state by choice. I live on the front lines of this war. Only, I fight with flowers, not bullets. I fight for freedom in a way that does not infringe upon the rights of others and how they choose to live their life.

dank.Frank

CaptainDankness

OK. I'll let India and Pakistan know they still belong to the British. I don't think they got the memo. And do you think China would mind much backing off Kashmir too? That would be nice of them.

Do you know how many people would die in an armed revolt? For the right to smoke a joint? You are fucking crazy in the extreme.

Not for just the right to smoke weed. Lol, End the Drug War I love drugs and I hate cops. A friend recently had his unarmed nephew shot 4 times in the back for running from the cops over a bullshit warrant 2 days before Christmas. I've also had many problems with cops and informants, my brother is just getting done with a 15 year prison sentence for bullshit. I have many friends in prison as well.

I hate taxes as well since the punk ass police are paid from my tax dollars. Not to mention my friend killed in Iraq for a war that should have never happened. All the people in Mexico, central and south America even the islands being killed over the drug war. Don't need to keep cocaine away from me, I'm a grown man.

People are also doing life in prison for marijuana, the safest drug in the world.

Smoking a joint is not the only reason, far from it. CIA, DEA, NSA yeah, all them tyrannical government agencies. JFK, Wounded Knee, Wacco,TX, Noriega, El Chapo. You can't see we are run by a bunch of tyrants you are blind.

Weed I can go without. More so just want to do what our founding fathers did, destroy a tyrannical government sure many will die, over 600,000 in the Civil War alone. We are all going to die anyway, live for your selfish goal of smoking a joint or die for freedom, liberty and justice for all....

I'm not scarred of death it's going to happen either way, I can die tomorrow in a car accident. Lol, what's really surprising to me is how many people fear death. Not like you're getting out of life alive. LMAO

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weed I can go without. More so just want to do what our founding fathers did, destroy a tyrannical government sure many will die.

Lol, what's really surprising to me is how many people fear death.

I think you some how ended up on the wrong forum.

I don't fear death. I just respect life.

dank.Frank

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Some people are bound to get fanatical about their disdain for the powers that be when they are persecuted and prosecuted for medicating themselves, or enjoying cannabis as a recreation...

The violence and paranoia that the drug war brings to all of us creates some affect in most people. Some wish to respond in kind, but I can't see that as being the solution.

Its always been crazy when you consider that a useful medicinal plant has been demonized thru constant organized propaganda over the course of 80 years or so, and many of those that have been caught in using, supplying or cultivating this plant have had their lives ruined, .....over a plant.

Cannabis prohibition is morally wrong, we all know that. Why should any government be able to persecute its citizens over growing what nature (and some believe God) intended us to grow for medicine or recreation?

Its all about 'wars'....and the funds that they generate methinks, and not about doing what is right and fair.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Not for just the right to smoke weed. Lol, End the Drug War I love drugs and I hate cops. A friend recently had his unarmed nephew shot 4 times in the back for running from the cops over a bullshit warrant 2 days before Christmas. I've also had many problems with cops and informants, my brother is just getting done with a 15 year prison sentence for bullshit. I have many friends in prison as well.

I hate taxes as well since the punk ass police are paid from my tax dollars. Not to mention my friend killed in Iraq for a war that should have never happened. All the people in Mexico, central and south America even the islands being killed over the drug war. Don't need to keep cocaine away from me, I'm a grown man.

People are also doing life in prison for marijuana, the safest drug in the world.

Smoking a joint is not the only reason, far from it. CIA, DEA, NSA yeah, all them tyrannical government agencies. JFK, Wounded Knee, Wacco,TX, Noriega, El Chapo. You can't see we are run by a bunch of tyrants you are blind.

Weed I can go without. More so just want to do what our founding fathers did, destroy a tyrannical government sure many will die, over 600,000 in the Civil War alone. We are all going to die anyway, live for your selfish goal of smoking a joint or die for freedom, liberty and justice for all....

I'm not scarred of death it's going to happen either way, I can die tomorrow in a car accident. Lol, what's really surprising to me is how many people fear death. Not like you're getting out of life alive. LMAO

You're not scared? Then there's something wrong with your brain dude. You should go for a checkup. Put your hand over a flame and watch how quick you pull it away. That's your brain protecting you. But if your willing to show how tough you are by truly not being afraid to die? There's something seriously fucked up with your brain chemistry. I'd say lay off the crack for a while. Your brain is betraying your body.

If everyone in your circle is going to jail or getting shot, then maybe you should change your circle. Or are you too dumb to see that.

Your punk ass cop put his coat on my mother as she layed in the snow after being ejected from her car in an accident, then held her hand until she died. He also sent flowers to her funeral. It sounds like your circle would take the opportunity to steal her purse. Another cop brought my daughter back to me when she wandered away from home and got lost. I had four cops bust into our house party (we were 16yrs old) and pull out the punks causing shit. It was one of the most violent extractions I've ever seen. Then they asked us to turn the music down and left. Another cop in Ecuador brought the punk back to our place and made him apologize for breaking in. I could go on and on. And ya, I know there are some pricks out there. And they seem to be the only ones making the news. Well.... them and people in your circle.

Laws are made to protect us from sociopaths. Why do you want to be on the losing side? Change sides man. And for god's sake, don't run from a cop. Stand up, own your shit, be a man. And here's my final tip; Cops don't care if you're cool. They actually hate it. Talk to them like an adult instead of a street wanna be tough punk. You'll be surprised how well your interaction with them will go. But you know all this shit right?

Peace, Love, Dope

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

Its all about 'wars'....and the funds that they generate methinks, and not about doing what is right and fair.

I think your privatized prison system is at the root of most of your problem. It should be illegal for them to lobby your government. They lobby the government for harsh sentences for something trivial to boost their bottom line. Now that's evil.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chemical bio markers to track cannabis by law enforcement coming to Colorado?

<header> SB18-029

Development of Marijuana Tracking Technology

Concerning the development of marijuana tracking technology.

Session: 2018 Regular Session

Subjects: Crimes, Corrections, & Enforcement
Higher Education
Liquor, Tobacco, & Marijuana

The bill requires the institute of cannabis research at Colorado state university - Pueblo (institute) to develop marijuana tracking technology (technology). The technology must include an agent that is applied to a marijuana plant, marijuana product, industrial hemp, or industrial hemp product and then scanned by a device. The scan, at a minimum, would indicate whether the marijuana or hemp was cultivated, manufactured, or sold by a licensed marijuana business or registered hemp cultivator. The institute shall select a vendor to develop the technology. After the technology is developed, the state licensing authority must be satisfied that the technology provides an effective means of tracking marijuana. After the state licensing authority determines the technology is an effective means of tracking marijuana, it shall promulgate rules that require the technology to be used by licensed marijuana businesses, and the commissioner of the department of agriculture shall promulgate rules that require registered industrial hemp cultivators to use the technology. The technology that scans the marijuana must be made available to law enforcement and the department of revenue.
</header>
The bill clarifies that the gray and black market marijuana enforcement grant program could award grants to law enforcement agencies to purchase the marijuana scanning technology.

(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb18-029

Considering that the States of Arizona & California get Colorado water from their taps...
I don’t think this plan was well thought out!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know this will sound overly paranoid, but I get the sense that after they kill the black market, they're going after the plant using all sorts of ungodly technology.

Ok, imma put the pipe down for the rest of the night.

As long as they keep up these prohibition style antics...
The black market will NEVER go away!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Legalization is a lie.. lets altogether rid cannabis of the criminal attachments and decriminalize so the people can say whats up about the plant rather than retarded politicians which nowdays only care about money and not the people

Legalization = Regulation
Regulation = Oppressed for SOME = SOME prohibition!

I can’t think of one single thing, that there exist laws regarding it’s use, that is not prohibited in one form or another.

How in the hell can anybody call that freedom?

CaptainDankness

I think you some how ended up on the wrong forum.

I don't fear death. I just respect life.

dank.Frank

I do love weed, along with other drugs. I didn't realize this forum was just for people who need weed to survive. Lol, majority of us are not going to die without weed, some people have never even tried weed and somehow live a long life....

Weed is my favorite drug but I like shrooms, whiskey, coke and heroin I'm just smart enough to not get addicted to any drugs not even weed. I used to smoke weed all day every day but it no longer got me stoned not even dabs. Same thing with opiates I got addicted for about a year but I had to do more and more so I went cold turkey rough as hell, but worth it, now I do just a little bit and have a great time certainly not daily. I'm a responsible adult no need for the police to cage my friends and family for getting high. That is not freedom, it is tyranny.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think your privatized prison system is at the root of most of your problem. It should be illegal for them to lobby your government. They lobby the government for harsh sentences for something trivial to boost their bottom line. Now that's evil.

Are there private prisons in the U.K.?
Or is that just a USA thing?

CaptainDankness

Some people are bound to get fanatical about their disdain for the powers that be when they are persecuted and prosecuted for medicating themselves, or enjoying cannabis as a recreation...

The violence and paranoia that the drug war brings to all of us creates some affect in most people. Some wish to respond in kind, but I can't see that as being the solution.

Its always been crazy when you consider that a useful medicinal plant has been demonized thru constant organized propaganda over the course of 80 years or so, and many of those that have been caught in using, supplying or cultivating this plant have had their lives ruined, .....over a plant.

Cannabis prohibition is morally wrong, we all know that. Why should any government be able to persecute its citizens over growing what nature (and some believe God) intended us to grow for medicine or recreation?

Exactly, the war on drugs is all about tyranny. Not just cannabis though.

. Utilizing drugs to pay for
Secret wars around the world
Drugs are now your global policy
Now you police the globe.

Drug money is used to rig elections
And train brutal corporate sponsored
Dictators around the world

We put Noriega in power, we went to war with the Taliban and made Afghanistan the #1 opium producers in the world. Burma yeah that was about heroin too. As was our alliance with Thailand in the Vietnam War. I'm sure Pol Pot's genocide in Cambodia was fueled by drug money as well.

Iran Contra scandal and wars cocaine. The US government along with allies are the drug kingpins. Mr. Nice aka Howard Marks was moving Afghan hashish for MI6 at one point as well.

El Chapo was a DEA informant and given a free pass to make the Sinoloa Cartel the biggest baddest Mexican drug cartel. Then Obama's Fast and Furious scandal arming the Mexican cartels.

This ain't just an American issue, it is and has always been about global domination. Of course being a weed forum most are turning a blind eye to the tyranny we have installed across the globe. It's much bigger than cannabis and the reason we got so close to marijuana legalization before Reagan amped up the Drug War. Now history is looking like it's going to repeat itself yet again with old Jeffrey Sessions.

But, while legalization proponents may declare victory in the war over marijuana today, history shows that the debate is far from settled.

In fact, we’ve been here before. Between 1973 and 1978, a dozen states decriminalized the possession of up to an ounce of marijuana. Pro-pot activists, many of them young veterans of the anti-war and civil-rights movements, argued that marijuana wasn’t as harmful as the government said it was, and that laws against it were unjust. In the era of Watergate and the Pentagon Papers, they built on America’s growing distrust of the government to pass less restrictive marijuana laws at the state level. It worked: by 1978, a third of the country lived in states where marijuana possession warranted little more than a fine.
http://time.com/5054194/legal-pot-experiment-history/

Same thing is happening today. We have idiots abusing legalization smoking weed in the streets in front of kids even kids are smoking in public. We pretty much outlawed smoking cigarettes in public in recent years, the public is going to be all over big pharma cannabinoid based drugs because it's not smoking a joint in public.

Certainly majority are for medical marijuana because it works wonders for kids with epilepsy. Go figure the first drug up for FDA approval is GW Pharmaceuticals Epidiolex.

A powerful drug derived from marijuana is on the cusp of federal approval. http://www.businessinsider.com/marijuana-epilepsy-drug-2017-5

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly, the war on drugs is all about tyranny. Not just cannabis though.

We put Noriega in power, we went to war with the Taliban and made Afghanistan the #1 opium producers in the world. Burma yeah that was about heroin too. As was our alliance with Thailand in the Vietnam War. I'm sure Pol Pot's genocide in Cambodia was fueled by drug money as well.

Iran Contra scandal and wars cocaine. The US government along with allies are the drug kingpins. Mr. Nice aka Howard Marks was moving Afghan hashish for MI6 at one point as well.

El Chapo was a DEA informant and given a free pass to make the Sinoloa Cartel the biggest baddest Mexican drug cartel. Then Obama's Fast and Furious scandal arming the Mexican cartels.

This ain't just an American issue, it is and has always been about global domination. Of course being a weed forum most are turning a blind eye to the tyranny we have installed across the globe. It's much bigger than cannabis and the reason we got so close to marijuana legalization before Reagan amped up the Drug War. Now history is looking like it's going to repeat itself yet again with old Jeffrey Sessions.

https://time.com/5054194/legal-pot-experiment-history/

Same thing is happening today. We have idiots abusing legalization smoking weed in the streets in front of kids even kids are smoking in public. We pretty much outlawed smoking cigarettes in public in recent years, the public is going to be all over big pharma cannabinoid based drugs because it's not smoking a joint in public.

Certainly majority are for medical marijuana because it works wonders for kids with epilepsy. Go figure the first drug up for FDA approval is GW Pharmaceuticals Epidiolex.

A powerful drug derived from marijuana is on the cusp of federal approval. https://www.businessinsider.com/marijuana-epilepsy-drug-2017-5

Dank Franks passive approach will work if more & more folks realize the scams they’re being bombarded with & choose to do things for themselves versus PURCHASING (ie., CONSUMING) privileges from the powers that be.

You see, the war machine wants you to be violent so they’re buddies can point their fingers at you & place you in a cell.

If you, however, refuse to fuel their campaign through education & the power of your own labor ($$$), you alone can have a significant impact on their bottom line. If we, as a community, can affect their bottom line, it will get noticed. Without that bottom line, there are no funds with which to make war against a peaceful people.

In the end, those that choose to live by the gun, will die by the gun. Alternatively, those that choose to live a peaceful life, regardless of the laws, will at least die with a peaceful heart.

I understand your position as I was once there. I mean... I was pushing an offensive position.

Do you watch any MMA?
Who is typically the victor?
Isn’t it usually the guy that’s DEFENDING that gets the KO?