What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anchorage Weed Store Gets Hit by Grinch; State May Share Culpability

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
One of the local growers in Fairbanks deals exclusively with two villages. His mediocre pot goes for $600 an ounce, no break for quarter pounds.
When pot went legal my market changed from wholesale local distribution in town to bush sales. My wife's home village gets their pot at 1/2 the Fairbanks price. And it is gourmet quality.
Not being greedy I have no intention of raising prices.

Greed, I got a visit a few years back from an exclusive ethnic group wanting me to increase prices or else sell only to them. Lucky for me the half of the harvest I donate goes mostly to retired vets with trauma.
The problem ended the same day it began.

A completely different world in Alaska, only one real city in the whole state and only a single road north. Airplanes are the mode of travel for over 90% of the state due to two thirds of the population living in the single city. All other population centers are too small for such a theft to take place.
It takes getting used to and many do not.