What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 Mixed ACE fems - DeeDubya's Winter Grow

deepwaterdude

These little girls are only 5 days old (2 for PH#2) and are already showing good attitude.
Strains are: Panama Haze (2), Haze x KC, Malawi x PCK, Orient Express and Zamaldelica, all fems. May add another couple of plants as we go.
Hand watering 1-2x per day
Tent is a 5x5 with 4x4 tray
Light is Nextlight Mega (650w LED)
Medium is Tuper soilless, coco-based mix with 20%EWC mixed in
Nutes are Sensi A + B for coco, w/Big Bud, Nirvana and Overdrive all at the ready + botanicare CalMag if needed.

And Away we go!:tiphat::biggrin:

Attachments

• 5x5 5 days.jpg
    5x5 5 days.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 5 days.jpg
    5 days.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 23
  • All girls.jpg
    All girls.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 23
  • PH#2.jpg
    PH#2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
  • PH#1.jpg
    PH#1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Haze x KC.jpg
    Haze x KC.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Malawi x PCK.jpg
    Malawi x PCK.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 23
  • OE.jpg
    OE.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Zamaldelica.jpg
    Zamaldelica.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 24

Consolidated

420giveaway
I wish you good luck also DWD , and if you have time and "will " tell us some for that tray's habits...
Do you'll transplant them to fabric pots ? to take food from the tray ?
Thanks mate anyway.

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Hi, Conso and Syd, thanks for the gander! Lol, I hate to disappoint, but that tray is for the most basic of uses, i.e. keeping runoff off the floor;) I could use it as flood and drain, but that would require "thinking" and "working" until it got set up right, while hand watering is definitely less of a bother.

Yep, they will be transplanted into either 3 or 5 gal smart pots upon flower, and right now, the magic of EWC is getting them going FAST. Gorgeous little babes! After another week I'll flip them to 18/6, then to 12/12. I was going 12/12 from seed but have to reprogram my timer;)

Have to decide rather quick if I want another girl or two in there. How about a poll to decide on a couple more? I lean toward another Haze x KC and another OE or Malawi x PCK. If I don't insist on fems, we can think about GT, Malawi, Panama, Caribe, Jarilla, NepJam, Tikal, PamZam... I think only the first few interest me.

Good day, ICpals, girls are looking stellar this AM w/nice high temps. I'm loving their vigor and their great health is a huge relief. dee dubya dee

G

Hey,more OE is always a good thing!I scored my first VB dom at the fifth attempt .As interesting as the regs are,I won't take the plunge to suggest a possible dude.Another MxPCK would also be nice to have a chance at both colours.But I cannot NOT suggest the hz /kc...Can't decide.You sure you want more haze crosses in there?Especially 2 of them being Panama haze?But I would be the last one to judge room management :biggrin:

deepwaterdude

Little red corvettes-these girls are much too fast;)

Little red corvettes-these girls are much too fast;)

Welcome aboard, Azure, and thanks for the thoughts, syd, almost had me popping one more of OE and Malawi PCK, then I thought- "Who can handle 12/12 from seed the best? Hazes." If I wet the seeds today, they'll see first light when I'm changing the schedule to 18/6 for one week, then we go 12/12. So they'd get a week of 18/6 only, so best go with some stretchers;) I forgot I had Green Haze x malawi, so I'm thinking one of those and one Haze x KC. I'll put them both directly into 12 liter pots so no interruptions.
As far as space management goes, how could these tiny little shoots possibly give me any problems in that huge tent? (pretty sure I say this every grow;o))

Here they are this morning, looking light green under the Mega and growing exponentially every day. I gave them a 1/5 dose of grow A +B yesterday, more for pH and calmag than for growth, but I think I'll lay off another week and let them just eat the EWC, give 'em a little taste of Great White.

The Zam's a little fatty!

Attachments

• Orient Express.jpg
    Orient Express.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 17
  • Malawi x PCK.jpg
    Malawi x PCK.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Haze x KC.jpg
    Haze x KC.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1 week rakish tilt.jpg
    1 week rakish tilt.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 1 week.jpg
    1 week.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Panama Haze 1.jpg
    Panama Haze 1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Panama Haze 2.jpg
    Panama Haze 2.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 18
  • ZAmaldelica.jpg
    ZAmaldelica.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 20

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude :wave:

Thanks for starting another grow with our genetics, much appreciated :huggg:

It's going to be a pleasure to see their development under your green hands!

deepwaterdude

Hey, dubi, glad you're back around;) I've got another Zamaldelica and Haze x KC germinated and ready to plant, so they'll be eight total;O) As far as my palate is concerned, your genetics are the only ones out there, only hard part is choosing the strains!

deepwaterdude

Repotted to Happy Frog soil

Repotted to Happy Frog soil

Girls were not liking the coco, so I transplanted them all to 3 and 4 gallon soil yesterday (4 gals for m x pck and OE) w/ a dusting of Great White and lifted the light a bit. My old coco mix was pH buffered, this one wasn't, so even with my feeble attempts to keep it under control, I was losing the battle and the girls were starting to look very deficient, despite super fast growth. I was surprised to find very nice, healthy roots on the Panama Hazes and the OE already.

Haze x KC 2 came up last night;) Pics later. Still at 24hrs light at 12 days from birth. Girls are very squat and starting to branch, almost ready for 1st topping for the hazes. M x PCK and the 4 hazes all have red in them;)

deepwaterdude

13 days-Mr Yellow Hands

13 days-Mr Yellow Hands

"Good care under green hands"- prophetic, dubi! They still have not dug into their soil and regreened, but I have hope. Man, are they fast growers, sick or not.
The Panama Hazes are obviously my favorites; completely uniform, most vigorous growers, and they seem to have withstood what the others couldn't. As I said, they had surprising roots for their less than 2 week age.
OE is stout as balls, vigorous and branchy, also had great roots.
Malawi x PCK was the canary in the coal mine, the worst off deficiency wise.
Zam 1 is also bad off, and seems to be a stout, malawi leaner?
Here they is, not looking their best... and all of a sudden my nice, clean tent is stuffed with pots. Still have to repot the babies in soil, once Zamaldelica 2 shows her head. It occurs to me eight plants is alot. Better keep 'em smallish.
I'm preparing myself mentally to reprogram my digital timer... the battle will be epic, and I won't be turned away in defeat this time... as I have the last few times. I'll program the *&^% outta that thing or die trying. Babies need some dark time.
Smoking some Malawi, feeling twitchy and stonedish, though very alert... I love pulling apart her tiny, sticky buds, reminiscent of some outdoor I had in France, with light lemon and devastating sativa high. Super dense little nuglets.
Gooday all, hopefully next pics will show big, healthy plants. Have to be careful with overwater now. dee dubya

Attachments

• Orient Express.jpg
    Orient Express.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 28
  • PH 2.jpg
    PH 2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 17
  • PH 1.jpg
    PH 1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Panama Haze 1 and 2.jpg
    Panama Haze 1 and 2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Day after repot.jpg
    Day after repot.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 15
  • ukie
    ukie
    68.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Malawi x PCK-worst off.jpg
    Malawi x PCK-worst off.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Malawi x PCK - lotta red.jpg
    Malawi x PCK - lotta red.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Haze x KC 1.jpg
    Haze x KC 1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 19
  • ZAmaldelica.jpg
    ZAmaldelica.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 17

deepwaterdude

Awright, Just grow notes beginning 3rd week of life.
Everybody but Zamaldelica have hit paydirt and perked up a lot. I've just watered the lot and topped Panama Haze 1. Hurts to cut a plant's head off that's having such a great, innocent time, frolicking under the big light.
I'm pretty sure they got their first dark period last night, but missed the window to check the timer, between midnight and 6 AM. Have to be tonight. Good thing about me and my bladder getting older, I get to do a middle of night gander;)
Haze x KC 2 is up and looking beautiful after a few days, but ZAm 2 is NOT up, and definitely should be by now. I may have lost one to the gods. Maybe they're saying 4 Hazes, 2 ZAms and two other medium size plants would be a lot for any 5x5?
Anyway, I'm famously impatient, and forget that repot rebound takes a few days. I somehow expected to be instantly forgiven for the early error, but they're making me do a little time;) Ah, soil. Good day all, finally getting real cold around here. dwd

Looking very nice there DWD..!! my timer is also finicky as F, I recently battled mine as well. Hopefully your ZAm 2 will pop the ground shortly..

G

Yes,it is awful to have to top them so young...:comfort: But they look so vigorous!I had the same problem at same days I think,maybe yours ran even faster.Ewc are great but I think very slow release of N...Waiting for the perky update ;)

deepwaterdude

18 days .8 EC feed - Zam no likey

18 days .8 EC feed - Zam no likey

Here they are still digging into new shoes. Everyone but P Haze 2 and HAze x KC 2 are at 18 days above ground. PH2 is at an amazing 15 days, Haze x KC is around 5 days old, have to look. Haze x KC1 just got topped before the pic; both she and the malawi pck looked better before watering;) Those that had good roots upon emergency repot, the Pan Hazes and OE, have dug into the soil and are responding nicely.

I don't think I'll top the M x PCK, as she doesn't look very branchy. Zam, I have to wait and see if she bounces back. May turn out to be a no-Zam run.

Just broke up a lovely, lemon-fruit candy bud of ZAmaldelica x KC lady s clone outdoor. I've got my nose in the pile and I can't get enough of the bouquet; there's something cooling emanating from it that acts almost like menthol, clears my nasal passages. Haven't smoked much of this one yet, definitely haven't got these vibes off it before. Cured 6 weeks so far. I'll let you know how it smokes:tiphat:

Attachments

• OE.jpg
    OE.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 20
  • PH2.jpg
    PH2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Panama Haze 1.jpg
    Panama Haze 1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 27
  • The 7.jpg
    The 7.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Tent day 18.jpg
    Tent day 18.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Unhappy Zam.jpg
    Unhappy Zam.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Malawi x pck.jpg
    Malawi x pck.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 18
  • The baby-Haze x KC2.jpg
    The baby-Haze x KC2.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Haze x KC1-just topped.jpg
    Haze x KC1-just topped.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20
G

Hey Dude!The other Zam didn't break ground?I wouldn't be that pessimistic about the other,dude she is very well developed for her age.She will bounce back for sure.The soil mix looks a lot more dense than the coco,maybe she would prefer less watering-just a thought.
That Pan haze 1 is fantastic,OE will be a beast,too.

saitama

I'm subbed. I have an ACE fem pack from where I ordered my Zam fem and MxPCK fem.

Dubi - would it defeat the purpose of the mix pack if I asked what is likely to be in there? :D

Ncali

Veteran
DWD. . . The Dude! Looks like a fun run there. Some of my long flower sativas literally drank only water in veg and just a sprinkle of PK in bloom. Pain in the ass. I had to do like an entire room of mix and then go back just for that one plant (Long flower haze hybrids mostly) They have mostly ended up being worth it, despite the extra work.

I'm subbed, looks fun! Enjoy the grow friend :)

:tiphat:
NC

deepwaterdude

Bounceback going better

Bounceback going better

Morning, fellas, thanks for the interest and comments:) Welcome aboard, saitama. Ncali, think you're right about letting em go easy on nutes, that and having to mix different batches of feed, no worries;) I'm leaving that Haze x KC2 in coco, see if I can't get the pH right and give her a chance to catch up to the others on size, will have to mix her a separate gallon every day. Now that I can see they've hit the dirt and they're lifting their arms, I'll go water only for a bit. They're getting good color, finally, even ZAm:biggrin:

Here they are, approaching trainable age:peacock: in another week they should be entirely different plants, ready for flower. Good day all! dwd

Attachments

• Better today.jpg
    Better today.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Haze x KC2.jpg
    Haze x KC2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Malawi x PCK hits paydirt.jpg
    Malawi x PCK hits paydirt.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Zam coloring up.jpg
    Zam coloring up.jpg