Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Alchimia Grow Shop & Philosopher Seeds > Dinamed CBD, 1:25 THC:CBD ratio available in Alchimia

Thread Title Search
Click for cannabis genetics at Alchimia Grow Shop!
Dinamed CBD, 1:25 THC:CBD ratio available in Alchimia Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2018, 01:02 PM #21
The Alchimist
Vendor

The Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongi View Post
Masuro, if you want frosty bud try candida. I have very frosty plant. I had few bad plants out of 6 Candidas that got covered by other plants.
Now when I think about it I would say that 2 of them was worth saving. I saved one. It might even be less than 1% THC. I will send it to laboratory for testing next time it is ready.
Here is picture of it. I think it is very pretty plant.
View Image

I have ordered Dinamed and Solodiol clasica seeds. I will tell you in future how I like them. I might put pictures of them in my journal.

Edit. Oops too high. Message was from last year.
Hi mate,

We'd love to see your Solodiol plants, also that lab test!!

Thanks for sharing!

The Alchimist is offline Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:20 PM #22
masuro

masuro is on a distinguished road
Now I am trying Dinamed. But in the future may try other high CBD strains. Will see how dinamed results.
masuro is offline Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:24 PM #23
The Alchimist
Vendor

The Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by masuro View Post
Now I am trying Dinamed. But in the future may try other high CBD strains. Will see how dinamed results.
That's great, mate, I've also heard really good things about Solodiol and Candida lately!

Keep us informed!

The Alchimist is offline Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:46 AM #24
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

PhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud of
you dont need to buy any expensive kits to test for CBD at home, there are two DIY options - Beam's Test, and Thin Layer Chromatography. See the link in my sig for my tutorial on both

I've grown 2 Dinamed CBD's so far, the first one (an indica pheno) was a 1:1 with medium levels of both CBD and THC, the second one (a sativa pheno) had no CBD at all but quite high THC.
My DIY Thin Layer Chromatography @ home [link]
PhenoMenal is offline Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:37 PM #25
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Excellent!

There's another home test for CBD as well, using iso, lye and activated charcoal. No fine percentage values, but definitely striking color differences. 8-Minute CBD
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:30 AM #26
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

PhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud ofPhenoMenal has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Excellent! There's another home test for CBD as well, using iso, lye and activated charcoal. No fine percentage values, but definitely striking color differences. 8-Minute CBD
That's Beam's Test, see the Thin Layer Chromatography link in my sig for more info. Ethanol is usually used (i just use methylated spirits which is 95% ethanol) -- ive not heard of iso being used ... it's the lye (potassium hydroxide) that's the main key though, so im not surprised that iso or others can be used. The charcoal is not necessary.

Here's one i did just last week ... only CBD gives a cherry red blush (don't let orange hues fool you) - btw these Beams Test capsules are only about 1-2 minutes old, i literally added the liquid, gave them a 10 second shake them put them in the flatbed scanner:
Old 04-05-2018, 02:38 AM #27
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxlost View Post
But is it stable at less than .3% THC. if not, than its not going to qualify as a hemp strain.
The ratio is cool, but if its like 30% CBD, than you get over 1% of THC and that can land a hemp farmer in jail.
I've only grown 2 Dinamed CBD plants, granted that's not a good sample population to derive any conclusions from, but my first was a 1:1 (probably something like 7% THC, 7% CBD), and my second one had zero detectable CBD but probably something like 10-15% THC (you can see it in the above image). Just my experience so far. Dinafem has not released any test results, or even any photos of the "5000 plants we grew out", and when I contacted them about my results via private email they seemed dismissive and even angry that I had tested them (even though i told them that a cancer patient reported good results from the 1:1), so I don't have much confidence with them at the moment, at least not in regards to stability.

A saving grace... I've recently found out for myself (and also validated by another icmagger) that Thin Layer Chromatography can be used to detect the cannabinoid profile of a plant from as early as three weeks from seeds.

... you can see that in this image of my most recent TLC ...

A = CBD Therapy - Veg phase, 40 days from seed
B = Dinamed - Veg phase, 24 days from seed

C = Dinamed - 2wks into flower phase
D = Dinamed - 4.5wks into flower phase
E = CBD Therapy - harvested 55 days into flower
F = Dinamed - harvested 61 days into flower

Just to highlight the CBD Therapy plant from that test ...

In other words, if we can only grow two plants, we don't need to spend three months growing two plants to harvest, only to find out that none of them have any CBD ... instead, we can grow ~20 seedlings to ~3 weeks, test them with Thin Layer Chromatography, and cull all but the ~two we want to keep, and can then spend the rest of the grow knowing we'll get CBD from both.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:28 PM #28
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

btw, it was actually one of Alchimia's posts that helped me get my head around the Thin Layer Chromatography process specifically this excellent little mini-tute with photos...
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/m...noid-analysis/
Old 04-05-2018, 02:34 PM #29
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
It's not the beam test, it uses less expensive iso and less caustic sodium chloride. It also shows much prettier shades of purple than the beam test. lol

Once you know which plants you want to test, break out the TLC.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:59 PM #30
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

what's its name? (links please? my googling sucked)
it seems it's still just sodium hydroxide at the end of the composition though

btw, i think Beam's test is about bases, not specifically potassium hydroxide, so it just seems one of many possible variations of Beam's test ...
https://books.google.com.au/books?id...76&redir_esc=y

Quote:
"Hemp tissues have long been known to give a purple color when treated with bases (Beam, 1911). This unique reaction is at the basis of the Beam test, one of the simplest forensic tests to detect marijuna. The chemistry underlying this color reaction was elucidated by Mechoulam, who, in a seminal work published in 1968, identified the colored pigment as a mixture of monomeric and dimeric cannabinoid quinols, characterizing the structure of the compounds formed from CBD. Paradoxically, THC and CBN, the physchoactive principles of marijuana, do not give the color reaction, which requires the presence of resorcinyl moiety with free hydroxyls. Therefore, the Beam test actually detects the presence of the nonpsychotropic cannabinoids typical of fiber hemp, rather than the psychotropic cannabinoids typical of marijuana."
either way, whether its sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide, ethanol or iso, it's always good to have extra options!!!