What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Dream

DistilledGro

I thought it might be a good practice to start a thread per strain. I've got a Blue Dream in late veg for my first indoor grow and I'll probably start a few other threads for the other varieties upcoming. Anyone have any Blue Dream tips, pics, or tricks they wanna share?

-=DistilledGro=-

M

Mr.Doe

Is the blue dream from seed or clone? I grew Loud Seeds Loud Dreams for over as year and loved it. Actually got about another 2 weeks of trimming up this years outdoor run of her. Spear shaped cones of goodness is what they are! Energetic high that makes a day fly by. The two phenos I had were one on the berry side and one on the have side. Both were medium to heavy feeders 2-3x stretch in flower. It looks done in 9 weeks but give her the extra week you will be glad ya did. Here are a few of my pictures from outdoors gorilla grow this year, Don't mind the leaf spot disease, The late summer rains were a killer this year! Even with the leafspot she yielded us over 50lbs off 45 plants! Sorry bout the upside down pics. Even when I rotated them beforehand they uploaded upside down
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DistilledGro

Hey Mr.Doe - I grew one outdoors this year that I've really enjoyed, I had it and a Head Band in wine barrel halves and just wish that I had gotten them planted a little earlier and that my back deck saw another few hours of sun each day.

As a newer grower with not a lot of experience with different strains I find myself critiquing those that I do have and wondering about the subtle differences; "Is this normal to this strain?", "Does this plant have a deficiency?", "Are these leaves supposed to be as big as my hand!?" :woohoo: LOL.

I'm a data hog, I've started an Excel spreadsheet log with graphs and such and over time and through experimentation I'll learn the subtle differences in appetites and environmental conditions I'm sure, but in the meantime I haven't really found a site that offers strain specific growing information like there are sites on strain specific effects.

Thanks for sharing the pics and ya WTF is the deal with the rotation? I haven't uploaded pics yet, but is there some kind of auto-rotation option that has taken over trying to outwit you?? ;) ...I'll try with an image of my humble little garden.

As I go to flower with each I'm thinking I'll post a summary log every 2-3 days and see how people respond. I've got the Blue Dream that is just waiting on me to set up the flower room and then an EGK (Early Girl Kush), a Cotton Candy, and a Hindu Kush in veg as well.

As my babies move in to veg I may do the same with those and kind of track along and show pics as I go.

...until next time..

-=DistilledGro=-

Attachments

• 2015-11-08 00.01.34.jpg
    2015-11-08 00.01.34.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 17

boobman

I have just put some blue dream seeds into paper towel. I'm in the southern hemisphere. I was wondering how many months blue dream needs to be fully matured and ready to cut down? Any ideas? I heard also that blue dream is a thirsty girl and needs twice the amount of water to other strains. Is that true? I'm going to be growing outdoors. Summer starts in December for us here. Santa likes to surf in shorts. Thanks for your advice/comments.

DistilledGro

Hey boobman,

Growing (veg/flower) durations I don't have yet, this is the first time I've grown it indoors. My veg stage has ran long because I cut the clone a little late, the plant had started in to flower, so it took a few weeks to get it to transition back to veg. I had not started my log yet at that point either, but I think that I cut that clone in August. It needs to be going to flower, I just haven't got the space quite yet.

In regards to being thirsty you heard right. For me that came on pretty quickly, I was watering every 3 or 4 days and feeding at every other watering, now I'm watering every two days, if I go three she's panting pretty hard.

DistilledGro

Don't give up on me! I STILL haven't moved my Blue Dream to flower, primarily due to space, but that situation is quickly getting rectified. This Old Lady is going to take up my whole tent and I've got two others ready as it is! AHhh!

H

Hu73

Hi DistilledGro and boobman, I've grown the Humboldt Seeds Blue Dream since around late winter of 2013, mostly inside, but four cuttings outside this summer. The outside ones were in real sandy soil and required some feeding, I used mostly fish emulsion and liquid seaweed- they went in late, about June 1st, were well ripened by about Oct. 10. Excellent results. But most of my experience with them is inside where I don't use any fertilizer but instead use soil with organic fertilizer in it. They did real well with 10 parts pro-mix hp to 3 parts ocean Forest to 1 part SuperSoil. Never noticed them being real thirsty, though my technique for all cannabis plants is to let them go a bit short of wilting then watering thoroughly. If it is real hot and dry, they can get spidermites, funny the outside ones did not get them but the last inside crop - harvested in August, got some about two weeks before harvest. I veg the clones varying times, anywhere from 4 weeks in veg after they're rooted to as much as 10 weeks, always potting up when roots are crowded. Areal nice functional, feel good head-high, helps with pain and has a relaxing ending. Good luck, all in all, a pretty easy one to grow.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
(subscribe)
Just ordered HSO Blue Dream because of all the buzz on the buzz (and that it is a heavy yielder)... I tried it up around DC years ago and was not impressed but I was/am unskilled in BD and no clue to "which" one it was or even if it was..... **********, here and various reviews about the internets lead me to HSO so that is what I sent away for along with their ver. of Green Crack.

Mystificated.
MrS0ul

Stick around while the clown
who is sick
does the trick of disaster...

C

CheifnBud2

I have been both impressed and let down with different cuts of blue dream. When i first started smoking the stuff it was dark green and almost purple/blue hue with a very blueberry look and a hazeish taste. Now i see blue dream it looks like a typical watered down haze with nice blue undertones. Not much of a high.

I think it really comes down to which cut you have.

coldcanna

Veteran
I grew Humbolts blue dream last summer outdoors, was about a 10 week strain and plants yielded well. The quality was not exceptional though, maybe at the bottom end of headies or top end commercial.

as head purchaser for a large dispensary I saw all kinds of blue dreams all day long. About one in ten actually have anything to do with blue dream. I have grown clone only blue dream a few times and aware of one pheno of real blue dream which is very berry flavored almost a floral "chick weed" strain. The berry smell is almost fuelish it is so strong. Most blue Dreams I saw were bland bright green nugs with beaster smell and taste they are no comparison to blue dream. There are many crosses being sold as blue dream but I don't think they are real representation of blue dream. Blue Dream is not the bland ass big leaved flowers you see sold as a blue dream seed. Blue Dream has very thin strip leaves and grows spear shaped buds that will foxtail depending on the cultivator. I hope the real Blue Dream lives on I just pulled my last real clone only Blue Dream yesterday. Of the seeds I have seen though I would have to say the rare dankness night terror og does have some blue dream leaning phenos but obviously not just like the real deal. In my experience though not many of these seeds are anything like blue dream.

MrBungle

I'm running a Cali Connection Blue Dream Haze that has a smell and taste similar to what you describe... the buds are fat dense spears, very frosty.. I got it as a freebie seed to try, and its a keeper.. :)

Here is a pic of my last Blue Dream. The Blue Dream has landed. This was week 6 in 10 gal of coco in a 15 gal fabric. See ya Blue Dream you were an awesome plant I know someone will make a badass stable version thru the years. I know Mr soul is buying some smart move because it sells like none other I'm really looking forward to some Apollo Blue Dream space themed funk.

Attachments

• IMG_20160131_192110.jpg
    IMG_20160131_192110.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 31

Robney

Hey there! I actually started a blue dream thread a little bit ago so I can contribute pic or two. I ran HSO Blue Dream for 70 days and it is currently curing. From what I have sampled it has a much more grape berry taste rather than blueberry and does not have the complexity in flavor that elite blue dream cuts have. The high is a nice up, motivated high that tapers after 2 hours. Here's a photo

coldcanna

Veteran
I had the same impression with the HSO, not so much straight blueberry more of a fruity pebble fill up the room aroma. Opening the jar would turn people's heads, the smoke was a little on the weak side

jedi5891

Blue Dream

This is HSO Blue Dream day 60. It's looking like it'll be ready in a few days. It's has a nice sweet berry smell with a musty undertone. I've actually crossed her with a gogi og snow lotus leaning pheno. The seeds are nearly ripe. The strain looks ok, not top shelf like my gogi og's an GSC, but I reckon the cross will be an improvement on the blue dream.
Peace
picture.php
picture.php

as head purchaser for a large dispensary I saw all kinds of blue dreams all day long. About one in ten actually have anything to do with blue dream. I have grown clone only blue dream a few times and aware of one pheno of real blue dream which is very berry flavored almost a floral "chick weed" strain. The berry smell is almost fuelish it is so strong. Most blue Dreams I saw were bland bright green nugs with beaster smell and taste they are no comparison to blue dream. There are many crosses being sold as blue dream but I don't think they are real representation of blue dream. Blue Dream is not the bland ass big leaved flowers you see sold as a blue dream seed. Blue Dream has very thin strip leaves and grows spear shaped buds that will foxtail depending on the cultivator. I hope the real Blue Dream lives on I just pulled my last real clone only Blue Dream yesterday. Of the seeds I have seen though I would have to say the rare dankness night terror og does have some blue dream leaning phenos but obviously not just like the real deal. In my experience though not many of these seeds are anything like blue dream.

I wonder what are your thoughts on TheREM & White Nightmare and Boddhi's version of Bluedream - Blueberry Hashplant

sin city and Bodhi's gear are what I would look for in a blue dream seed. Another strain to note would be Rare Dankness night terror og there are some neat 50/50 blue dream/og phenos that have the exact blue dream smells and flavors mixed with the og funk in the night terror og. Not just complete og chem domination. Bodhi and Sin City are pretty darn legit as far as cuts and seeds go and the Rare Dankness night terror has some honest blue dream in it as well. I hope this helps

SICE

I found 2 seeds in some "Blue Dream Haze"

grew that out and got some Blue smelling buds that turned slightly dark/purple. I pollinated these plants with some 100% Oaxacan. Ive grown these seeds and they have that Blue smell to them and have increased the bud size.

Blue Dream has been pimped out lately but its definitely a great smoke if done right. I love the Blue Champagne strain.. possibly Champagne x Blue Dream

Latest posts

Latest posts